BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Fri, Apr-27-2018, 03:58:02 PM   #31
Toodaloo

In the garage:

United States

Default Hello! Estoril coupe M3 from the Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by warez View Post
Car looks great and I like what you have done to the car so far.

Only thing I would suggest is that if you remove the window tints, this car would just shine all the way!!

Thanks, Itís a light 50% tint that came with the car. The shop actually did a great job on it so Iíll keep it throughout our hot CA summer. Once I finish my interior Iíll be removing it and likely replacing it with a clear ceramic tint to protect the interior/keep heat down.

A few small updates:

A connection of mine is a tech over at a local dealership with an ultra sensitive hunter alignment rack. Threw the M3 on after hours and dialed the suspension into spec. (Seriously, the cross wind in the shop was causing the values to oscillate lol!)

Final specs:

Front:
.00 toe
-3.5 degrees of camber
6.8 degrees of caster.

Rear:
0.12 toe in on each side.
2 degrees of camber

Did a hard mountain run after the alignment and Iím VERY happy with how the car feels. These RSRRís definitely like a bit of camber, and they just stick so hard after getting some heat into them.

Iím going to get some more experience at this spec, then in the summer; corner balance and re-align the car (maybe with new specs?) since Iíll have to anyway after installing the new rear subframe.

I recently bought some new, uninstalled exhaust parts from an individual on craigslist (soon to be installed, likely after finals). I noticed he listed his car for sale and offered to trade him my Remus catback for his Rogue Engineering catback with some cash in my end. He gladly accepted so I drove up to his place and swapped them in a parking lot (in the dark) with nothing but a jack, a few tools, and an iPhone flashlight... lol! I like the Remus, but itís way too quiet. The rogue is a little louder than Iíd prefer, but imo is one of my favorite sounding units. Itís slightly raspier, throatier, and almost sounds like a deeper sounding s54. Which I like, a lot

After a quick wipe down and polish it looks like new!

Last edited by Toodaloo; Fri, Apr-27-2018 at 04:01:17 PM.
Jump to top Toodaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-27-2018, 04:44:38 PM   #32
c_tejuco

In the garage:

Philippines

Default Re: Hello! Estoril coupe M3 from the Bay

Whoa - nice come up on the exhaust, dude! Car is looking great - per usual.
Jump to top c_tejuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-27-2018, 07:23:00 PM   #33
avusblu_e36

United States

that e30 interior
Jump to top avusblu_e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-27-2018, 07:52:32 PM   #34
Mindart

In the garage:

United States

what are the plans for the interior? are you redoing the Vaders?
Jump to top Mindart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-27-2018, 11:55:40 PM   #35
den_bart

In the garage:

United States

Dude so you got an e36! I was the guy who was looking at your e46 m3 for awhile. What was wrong with it? I love your e36 man

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Jump to top den_bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-28-2018, 12:17:30 AM   #36
Toodaloo

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_tejuco View Post
Whoa - nice come up on the exhaust, dude! Car is looking great - per usual.

Stoked on it at well, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avusblu_e36 View Post
that e30 interior

It was pretty delicious, I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindart View Post
what are the plans for the interior? are you redoing the Vaders?

Vaderís and my body type donít match. Likely going with pole positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by den_bart View Post
Dude so you got an e36! I was the guy who was looking at your e46 m3 for awhile. What was wrong with it? I love your e36 man

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I did! Ah yes, I see you found one huh? I heard a few funny sounds from the rear suspension and was totally cashed out on the car. I wanted to do a proper inspection and suspension overhaul but after pricing it out I just couldnít afford it at the time. Decided to sell it and get my money back out of the car then and move on. Last I heard, the new owner is enjoying it thoroughly! I might have to buy it back in a few years after I graduate, lol!
Thanks! Iím pretty happy with how itís coming along.
Old Sun, Apr-29-2018, 06:07:55 PM   #37
Toodaloo

In the garage:

United States

Attended the 15th anniversary of Works Motorsports at Sonoma raceway. (Theyíre mainly known for their recent work in the AWD turbo world and being the first to release a CARB certified turbo kit for the gt86 platform). However, they have just as much influence on the BMW world.

The turnout was quite good with a nice BBQ, raffle, and free dyno runs!

Bolted the M3 up to the dynapacks and let her rip!

The results were quite good. Pete, the owner of the shop worked as an Engineer over at Dinan in the mid 90's to early 2000's. He was actually the Engineer that designed their cold air intake for the e36 M3!
So cool to have met him and gained an awesome connection.

The car ran 197whp and 208ftēlbís of torque. Only mods are the Dinan intake and rogue engineering catback exhaust. Otherwise bone stock in terms of power. I was really hoping to hit at least 200 wheel, but Pete was impressed with those numbers on his dyno; especially considering the 141k milage. It was done on a 1.00 TCF and SAE standards to get a more true WHP/TQ value, not the standard 1.1-1.2 TCF used most commonly in dynapacks to get a theoretical crank number.
One of the employees also mentioned that a Spec Miata made 95whp on their dyno, then went and made 120whp on a dynojet without any changes.

Overall Iím happy with the results. The car feels great in its current state, and Iím stoked to get a nice baseline. Iíll be installing the goodies laying around in the garage and going back in 6 months to do a few more dyno runs to compare the results!

Last edited by Toodaloo; Sun, Apr-29-2018 at 09:11:32 PM.
Old Mon, Jun-04-2018, 08:44:00 PM   #38
Toodaloo

In the garage:

United States

I just wrapped up with finals for the semester and used the extra free time to catch up on some maintenance! Iíve been daily driving the car since I bought it and have accumulated quite a few miles! The car drives so wellÖ I canít get enough of it! I purchased her at 134,5XX miles, and now sheís up to 143,7XX!

Flushed the coolant (Of course with OEM coolant and only the best Raleyís brand distilled water)

The starter has been causing me some annoyances. Every warm start, the starter would disengage and spin freely. I purchased a remanufactured Bosh starter and swapped it in! I found this job to be a major pain in the ass. The packaging on these cars is very goodÖ Making things very hard for us DIY guys. Dropped the transmission a few inches and worked my way from the back side with 2ft worth of extensions and flex joints.

Performed the M50 manifold swap with Kassel performanceís swap kit!

Notes: Kit quality is a 7/10. The hose itself is great, and so are the parts supplied. I found that fitting the hose onto the CCV was a MAJOR pain. The inner diameter was far too tight. I ended up putting the end of the hose in boiling water to allow the silicone to soften up, then lubed up the hose and CCV. I struggled for 20-30 minutes just trying to get it on. The brackets used to mount the OEM underside bracketry also had to be modified so that it wouldnít chafe against the hose (even after trying every possible orientation. Maybe there was a way to get away without pulling out the angle grinderÖ Instructions would have helped forsure. I also had to pick up some additional vacuum line and a T fitting to plum everything properly. While I was in there, I replaced all of the smaller diameter vacuum lines and cleaned up the mess a bit. Removed the fuel rail to cut off the back O2 sensor holder opening and threw it all back together. The car started right up, didnít throw any codes, and ran perfectly. Mid-range torque loss is real, however the top end HP gain was more than worth it! (Ignore the missing fuel rail cover. Coming soon!)

Lastly, another oil change in the books! Again with Liqui Moly 5w-40: Half quart overfill per doctorís orders

Here are a few more beauty shots!

Last edited by Toodaloo; Mon, Jun-04-2018 at 08:52:31 PM.
Old Mon, Jun-04-2018, 08:53:00 PM   #39
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Nice man, yea right around the 200 whp mark is I think pretty common for stock motor with noise makers. I never understood why people correct the figures sometimes, modified cars should be discussed in terms of whp anyway. Now back and do some pulls with the M50 manifold, then think about getting the car tuned and going back a 3rd time...
Old Mon, Jun-04-2018, 08:56:27 PM   #40
c_tejuco

In the garage:

Philippines

Solid updates, and hat-tip on the manifold swap. Crazy how much of a difference that set up makes.

Car is looking sexy as always.
Jump to top c_tejuco is offline   Reply With Quote