BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Sat, Feb-24-2018, 09:02:27 PM   #1
SIDEWAYS
is the way to carve canyons...

In the garage:

United States

Default BAT prices are crazy!

I'm sure it's already been discussed/debated a million times on this forum, but I have to sound off. The sale prices that people have been fetching on BAT are really ludicrous and by no means a realistic indicator of market pricing. It must be due to the fact that that site caters to enthusiasts with niche interests, and clearly those with more money than brains. I guess it only proves that there will always be an idiot who'll pay ridonkulous prices!

One of the last remaining members of the E36 M3 original owners club...a dying breed indeed.

What's worse is that the E36 M3 has sadly become the new Honda Civic of tuning...
Jump to top SIDEWAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Feb-24-2018, 10:39:25 PM   #2
Duck360198

United States

Default Re: BAT prices are crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDEWAYS View Post
I'm sure it's already been discussed/debated a million times on this forum, but I have to sound off. The sale prices that people have been fetching on BAT are really ludicrous and by no means a realistic indicator of market pricing. It must be due to the fact that that site caters to enthusiasts with niche interests, and clearly those with more money than brains. I guess it only proves that there will always be an idiot who'll pay ridonkulous prices!
More money than brains? Please. Let me guess, you're probably the first to complain about EAG prices as well. You're talking about a platform where people know the ins and outs of every car on that site. I know NOTHING about the majority of the cars offered and stick with what I know. But if something catches my eye, there is an incredible resource to bid with confidence or completely stay away from the car altogether. I rely on those individuals. Plus you can reach out to the seller privately and ask questions. People ask the perfect questions because they know what they're talking about. Some cars get bashed, others are praised.

It is absolutely a site that caters to enthusiasts. A niche market? I don't think so. There's so much traffic to that site now that I'd pay $99 to list my car and take the fee hit after knowing I'm going to have a lot of views. There were some 30K hits on that 2002 E46 M3 that went for $50K or whatever it was. I think the pricing on vehicles are VERY much in line with fair market value. If everyone has a public opportunity to bid on a no reserve car, I'm pretty sure that's as close to fair market value as you're going to get.
Jump to top Duck360198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-24-2018, 11:55:15 PM   #3
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

The whole E36 market here is overheated.

Now everything 6 cylinder, specially later 323i and 328i are also priced crazy.

Or is it? With full electric cars becoming the norm pretty quickly, people realize it’s a now or never situation.

'98 M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-25-2018, 12:35:37 AM   #4
bmwstephen

United States

The e36 may be more mass produced than the generations prior but Clean and headache free examples are getting scarce. Happened with the e30 and will happen with the e36s. We only have ourselves to blame
Jump to top bmwstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-25-2018, 03:35:53 AM   #5
westopher

Canada

Meh. If i was rich I'd have no problem paying 50k for my idea of a perfect e36. I'm the idiot because I can't afford it unfortunately.
Either way I don't care that much about the prices anymore. I'm not buying, and I'm not selling, but I keep aware of them so I can help steer new buyers in the right direction.
Keep in mind the economy is pretty optimistic at the moment. Wait till shit hits the fan again and we will see the effect on the "fun car" market.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 106k and officially worthless. 2000 323i touring, silver/grey/sport pack, 170k and officially boring.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-25-2018, 04:19:39 PM   #6
Technician_Dude
1999 M3

United States

Man, can't you guys see what's going on here? This same discussion has been had many times on many forums. 10-15 years ago if you told the E30 guys their cars would be worth 50-100k+ they wouldn't have believed you. E36 M3 is desirable, you want one, I want one, other people want them too and decent ones are getting fewer and farther between. They're also not a cluster to maintain like a lot of other sports cars. Look at the turbo supra, FJ60, 240Z, S13/S14, etc... People my age are starting to be able to afford the cars they wanted growing up - basically the same thing as when the baby boomers went muscle car crazy in the 00s.
Jump to top Technician_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-25-2018, 05:12:39 PM   #7
wgknestrick

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Parallel View Post
The whole E36 market here is overheated.

Now everything 6 cylinder, specially later 323i and 328i are also priced crazy.

Or is it? With full electric cars becoming the norm pretty quickly, people realize it’s a now or never situation.
Show me another light, RWD, iron block I6, reliable, manual car for less.

Cars that are fairly reliable, around 3K lbs, can make decent HP, are manual, and RWD will be increasing in value because they aren't currently being made. You should be happy the car you own is increasing in value.
Jump to top wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-25-2018, 08:58:19 PM   #8
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Show me another light, RWD, iron block I6, reliable, manual car for less.

Cars that are fairly reliable, around 3K lbs, can make decent HP, are manual, and RWD will be increasing in value because they aren't currently being made. You should be happy the car you own is increasing in value.
I wasn't complaining there at all. Just in case.

'98 M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-25-2018, 09:47:37 PM   #9
Braymond141

United States

Are they bat shit crazy?
Jump to top Braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-26-2018, 12:29:55 AM   #10
Vitaliy93

United States

OP, do you even watch BAT auctions? Why don't you start off by posting some links to said cars. The average sale price is maybe $12-$13k on BAT. Sure you will get over $15k occasionally if its really low mileage or a certain color. But how is that any different than the forums? I would not call those prices "ludacris".

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Jump to top Vitaliy93 is offline   Reply With Quote