BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 07:29:40 PM   #321
TheSt|G
Resident Curmudgeon

In the garage:

Isle of Man

Default Re: Group buy: Karbonius CSL Airbox - Up to 14% off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
What’s the exact username?

Been talking to Epic. He can do it with just IAT and no need for MAP but needs to be done on a dyno and I’m not local to him.
Do the MAP conversion. Runs much better than way.
Sold - '13 WRB BRZ Limited 6MT
Sold - '03 Lemans on Lemans E39 M5 6MT
Sold - '99 Kosmos-Schwarzes E36 5MT M3 Coupe
Jump to top TheSt|G is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 07:31:28 PM   #322
Redshift
Bimmerhead

In the garage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Do the MAP conversion. Runs much better than way.
Unless I can get an Epic tune temporarily, I won't have a choice.

Trying to figure out what to do to drive the car now while I wait to finish up the rear end modifications and finally get a proper rear exhaust done. Once that happens I should be fine with an aftermarket CSL tune but I think I can probably run a stock CSL tune for the moment with the airbox installed, no?

2003 Sapphire Black/Natural Brown M3 Touring
2003 Sapphire Black/Tan M5 Touring

Sold: 2001 LeMans Blue M5, 1994 Imola 332i w/S50B32 // RIP: 1995 Avus/Black M3
Jump to top Redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 07:56:01 PM   #323
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

You can run an airbox on stock software with the MAF undone, IAT wired in (which you'll havento do anyway) helps I think, but it may even take a while for a CEL to show. Car will run ok though till you figure out what tune you want.

·Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 63mm · SS V1 S pipe 63mm + 200 cell HFC · OE sect 2 60mm · SS Sport 60mm
·Besian · RE pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/525) + tall RSMs · TMS Camber & Subframe plates · SPC Adj alloy rear camber arms
·RE Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF 95a · SDW RTAB · Weighted ///M knob + UUC DSSR + delrin carrier bush · OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs
·Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · Brembo 996 36/40 345mm CSL Textar FF & 28/30 328mm CSL ATE "D738" FF · CM brackets & ss/teflon lines
·Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · DVC 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 07:56:15 PM   #324
TheSt|G
Resident Curmudgeon

In the garage:

Isle of Man

Quote:
Unless I can get an Epic tune temporarily, I won't have a choice.

Trying to figure out what to do to drive the car now while I wait to finish up the rear end modifications and finally get a proper rear exhaust done. Once that happens I should be fine with an aftermarket CSL tune but I think I can probably run a stock CSL tune for the moment with the airbox installed, no?
I don't know what other mods you have done to the engine to make that call.
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 09:18:03 PM   #325
Redshift
Bimmerhead

In the garage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
I don't know what other mods you have done to the engine to make that call.
Right now I have euro headers and cats, M3 section 2, and a 330 rear section. It's custom tuned.

Adding CSL airbox soon, so that would be the only change until I redo the rear exhaust (and possibly but still thinking about adding Epic headers instead of euro headers - not sure it's worth the cost).

2003 Sapphire Black/Natural Brown M3 Touring
2003 Sapphire Black/Tan M5 Touring

Sold: 2001 LeMans Blue M5, 1994 Imola 332i w/S50B32 // RIP: 1995 Avus/Black M3
Jump to top Redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 11:03:30 PM   #326
Nrikem3

In the garage:

United States

I have been running my csl air box on stock m3 tune for about 6 weeks cel is on due to missing maf imput(car runs fine doesnt get driven much tho)sent my mss54hp dme to TTFS 8 weeks ago for csl tune with flap option and still waiting on it..
Jump to top Nrikem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 11:44:09 PM   #327
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrikem3 View Post
I have been running my csl air box on stock m3 tune for about 6 weeks cel is on due to missing maf imput(car runs fine doesnt get driven much tho)sent my mss54hp dme to TTFS 8 weeks ago for csl tune with flap option and still waiting on it..
I have a buddy that is currently running his car without a MAF, MAP, or IAT....both on the stock DME and CSL converted DME, and his car runs "fine" much to my surprise. That being said, the MAP/IAT (CSL engine management) is the way to go if it's a street driven car.

For DME conversions, another option is Kassel Performance: https://www.kasselperformance.com/pr...re-conversion/

They took care of my CSL DME conversion with H-bridge addition. I mailed my DME to them, they sent me pictures of the before and after of the circuit boards (I sent them two, one for my car and the second for my buddy's), and shipped both of them back (in excellent packaging). 24 hour turn around time (for both DMEs) from the time they received it...AND they paid for the return shipping (which If I remember correctly, was received the very next day). Can't beat that turn-around time or price in my experience. Gabe (I forget his forum username on here, but he is an active member) also provides excellent post-service support. I had some issues with the wiring of my conversion (totally my fault and not in any way related to Kassel's DME conversion service)...but during the trouble-shooting phase, Gabe Kassel stood by his work and offered to pay for my DME to be overnighted to him to double-check that the issues were not coming from the DME. Luckily it was a relatively simple wiring mistake on my end, but his customer support and willingness to pay for my DME to be shipped back to him (which would have also been a 24 hr turn around time) was very impressive to me as the costumer. Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again if I had to do it all over again.

The Kassel CSL converted DME came back to me with the stock CSL base tune already on it too for that price. One word of advice to ensure no drivability issues with the stock CSL tune; unless you have CSL cams, you will need to have the cam values adjusted within the tune to reflect the cams that you have in your car (stock or aftermarket). I had Paul Claude take care of all the tuning and adjustments and have been very impressed with his service and the results. My car runs flawlessly, like it came this way from BMW, and I didn't have to break the bank to get these results.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Wed, Jun-13-2018 at 11:50:12 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-14-2018, 02:03:58 AM   #328
Nrikem3

In the garage:

United States

Hey Dr m3an M3 thank you for your imput and hooking me up with the SS race exhaust lol,Kassel turn around time is very impressive,prize on csl base tune is very good and if it includes the csl flap option is even better lol is less than half what i paid for the other tune, my car is an 02 manual so i had to source a dme from 03+ which was an smg,im running stock everything other than the ss race muffler and csl box so i dont know if that’s causing the delay,Im going to give it another week in the meantime ima source another dme here locally and give kassel a try maybe sell the other dme when it comes in.
Jump to top Nrikem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-14-2018, 02:09:06 AM   #329
lippstuh

In the garage:

United States

To the one user that submitted the order form on June 6th somehow: your order will not be honored. Group buy is closed and no one else can be added. That list is separate from the official one I give Karbonius anyway.

Other than that, more orders are shipped and invoiced.

Mods
Karbonius CSL Airbox (1x1) · CSL-spec DME · Kassel MAP sensor
OE CSL trunk · OE LED taillights · Llumar Air 80 Tint
JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · Square Style 67 18s · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Jump to top lippstuh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-14-2018, 02:20:39 AM   #330
TheSt|G
Resident Curmudgeon

In the garage:

Isle of Man

Quote:
Right now I have euro headers and cats, M3 section 2, and a 330 rear section. It's custom tuned.

Adding CSL airbox soon, so that would be the only change until I redo the rear exhaust (and possibly but still thinking about adding Epic headers instead of euro headers - not sure it's worth the cost).
So I would think(though I am far from the expert here), that you could do the CSL tune and then the binary mod tool to do the 6MT software. I think you will need a new binary mod license for the CSL tune though.