BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Sat, May-26-2018, 07:03:22 PM   #171
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Default Re: 1999 Dakar M3 Coupe Build/Restoration Journal (Long and Picture Heavy)

I've been MIA since I last posted here in Nov. Since then, I've bought a house with a 4 car detached garage.

I've caught up with this thread and still amazed at how clean your cars are. I plan on spending all day tomorrow washing the M's, much needed. Thanks for the motivation and keep up the good work!

Jump to top W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, May-31-2018, 08:19:20 PM   #172
Texaz3

United States

Default Re: 1999 Dakar M3 Coupe Build/Restoration Journal (Long and Picture Heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I've been MIA since I last posted here in Nov. Since then, I've bought a house with a 4 car detached garage.

I've caught up with this thread and still amazed at how clean your cars are. I plan on spending all day tomorrow washing the M's, much needed. Thanks for the motivation and keep up the good work!
4-car garages are super nice. Congrats!
Thanks! Keeping them clean is part of the therapy!
Jump to top Texaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-16-2018, 07:58:34 PM   #173
Texaz3

United States

I have an intermittent issue with my ASC and /or brake switch. But decided to created a separate thread as I was not getting any response here.

Last edited by Texaz3; Wed, Jul-18-2018 at 04:13:24 AM.
Old Wed, Jul-18-2018, 02:52:47 AM   #174
zerofks
Banned

United States

you is a genieous
Jump to top zerofks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-25-2018, 03:51:54 AM   #175
Texaz3

United States

Well, the switch showed up yesterday, so I decided to put it in today. What a stupid design! I guess it has to be done that way cause its a critical part, but man....

Offender:

Untitled by Alex Kustov, on Flickr

Took the panel off:

New switch - went with URO cause that's what was on Amazon Prime with free overnight delivery. Lately, if the part is not critical, I skip OEM and go for the one that can be delivered fast. This certainly fit the bill - $13 shipped.

Got the 4-prong one for the OBC:

Darn thing didn't want to come out, so I just grabbed it by the plunger and ripped that shit of together with the red collar. Popped right out.

Installation simple, just pop in, done.
Fixed the light, so let's hope this lasts cause I really didn't like the job - not a lot of room to work there.
Old Wed, Jul-25-2018, 03:54:10 PM   #176
simon_c

United States

A clean set of LTW wheels would be perfect on this car. Awesome job.

Like you, I've been a big fan of Leatherique so I'm interested in how the simple green/soft brush has worked out. I'll likely try this out soon on my E46 M3.
Old Wed, Jul-25-2018, 05:02:50 PM   #177
Texaz3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_c View Post
A clean set of LTW wheels would be perfect on this car. Awesome job.

Like you, I've been a big fan of Leatherique so I'm interested in how the simple green/soft brush has worked out. I'll likely try this out soon on my E46 M3.
Strangely, I'm not a big fan of how LTWs look. I can appreciate the weight and all, but not the look. I really like Contours, and I guess I wouldn't mind getting a set of clean DSIIs, but I'm content as is.

I have tried simple green/magic eraser on my drivers seat and it worked great. I need to post some pictures, but I really liked this method to make your leather look new'er and get that matte look.
Old Wed, Jul-25-2018, 05:20:21 PM   #178
simon_c

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaz3 View Post
Strangely, I'm not a big fan of how LTWs look. I can appreciate the weight and all, but not the look. I really like Contours, and I guess I wouldn't mind getting a set of clean DSIIs, but I'm content as is.

I have tried simple green/magic eraser on my drivers seat and it worked great. I need to post some pictures, but I really liked this method to make your leather look new'er and get that matte look.
Pics and specific method you used would be awesome. I have a couple magic erasers left but like you am worried about it cutting the leather a little too much.
Old Wed, Jul-25-2018, 07:31:28 PM   #179
JJCTHE1

In the garage:

United States

Nice M. I have been patiently looking for a Dakar 98-99 Coupe. Its been about 4 months now, I hope to find one soon and have a similar journey/experience making it perfect again.
Old Wed, Jul-25-2018, 07:47:45 PM   #180
Texaz3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_c View Post
Pics and specific method you used would be awesome. I have a couple magic erasers left but like you am worried about it cutting the leather a little too much.
Will do. There is really nothing different that I did - just basically very lightly rub/massage the leather, avoiding the seams and creases, mostly working on flat surface, and almost no pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1 View Post
Nice M. I have been patiently looking for a Dakar 98-99 Coupe. Its been about 4 months now, I hope to find one soon and have a similar journey/experience making it perfect again.
Yeah, I saw your post in for sale section. You'll find one, they do pop up from time to time. I was lucky that I was just randomly looking on craigslist that day!