BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Apr-14-2018, 12:12:25 AM   #41
BMW_HUB

United States

Default Re: Buyer beware/scam - ElusiveFX (Tab Khan)

I have dealt with ElusiveFX in the past briefly. As a BMW Client Adviser myself in the Chicago area and someone who knows these cars inside and out I can not further advise to stay away from purchasing a vehicle from there. Tab will straight up lie to you regarding his prices, If you watch the market, his cars fluctuate in price by up to $15,000 differences during very time short time frames. I had once inquired about a Imola/Imola example with 65k miles he had for sale. He had the car priced at around 30k and said there is no room for negotiation and that it well ďneverĒ be auctioned on eBay. Later that week the car was auctioned at eBay and sold for ~$23,000, a price that I was more than willing to pay if not more. He is price gouging people and doesnít know the first thing about HONESTY in sales. DO NOT BUY from him unless the car is priced very aggressively and even then be very careful and be sure to get a PPI. There are too many question marks around his cars and he does not run an honest business by playing around with numbers constantly. No reputable dealership would do that.
1999 M3 Coupe TiAg/Black SOLD
2003 M3 Coupe Imola Red/Black
Jump to top BMW_HUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Apr-14-2018, 12:44:28 AM   #42
MrCooperS

United States

For someone who "specializes" in selling E46 M3s, I'm surprised at how you're not able to notice and call out flaws in the cars you sell. At the very least, it seems like transparency is missing. Sure, you're not EAG, and you sell 100K+ mile cars, but disclosure and honesty goes a long way. While I'm sure customers have many great experiences with you, there's definitely a pattern here of deception.

OEM gloss black kidney grills & fender grills | Osram DS2 bulbs | Smoked corners | IB valve cover | IB side markers | Angel eyes | Status Gruppe CF Trunk | CF CSL rear diffuser | CF front spoiler | US Mill Works tow hook license plate holder | Stainless steel M3 pedals

Auto Solutions 30% SSK | Eventuri Intake & CF Scoop | Macht Snell silicon intake elbow | Turner IAT relocation kit | WPC-treated rod bearings | CSL headers | Euro section 1 | Supersprint resonated section 2 | Supersprint sport section 3 | Eibach springs | Turner monoball FCABs | Apex EC-7 hypersilver wheels | Bridgestone RE71R | Apex spacers | Apex bolts

Ledarmanz perforated flat bottom steering wheel | Coby Alcantara shift + e-brake boot | ZHP Shift Knob | Armrest & cupholder delete + Euro tray | Schroth 3-point harness | Alcantara wrapped A+B+C pillars

Are you an E30 M3 owner? If you're looking to trade for an 05 Interlagos Blue E46 M3, message me!
Jump to top MrCooperS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-14-2018, 02:08:10 AM   #43
lsbe36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_HUB View Post
I have dealt with ElusiveFX in the past briefly. As a BMW Client Adviser myself in the Chicago area and someone who knows these cars inside and out I can not further advise to stay away from purchasing a vehicle from there. Tab will straight up lie to you regarding his prices, If you watch the market, his cars fluctuate in price by up to $15,000 differences during very time short time frames. I had once inquired about a Imola/Imola example with 65k miles he had for sale. He had the car priced at around 30k and said there is no room for negotiation and that it well “never” be auctioned on eBay. Later that week the car was auctioned at eBay and sold for ~$23,000, a price that I was more than willing to pay if not more. He is price gouging people and doesn’t know the first thing about HONESTY in sales. DO NOT BUY from him unless the car is priced very aggressively and even then be very careful and be sure to get a PPI. There are too many question marks around his cars and he does not run an honest business by playing around with numbers constantly. No reputable dealership would do that.
So you work for Perillo from our conversation and when you don't advise buyers to purchase from me you recommend they do from you? We run cars no reserve auction from time to time. There are sites such as eBay that allow this and bring a trailer. When it's a hot car we do it. The car you are referring to was a 1 of 171 ever made imola on imola 05' M3. We sold the car for $22,100. Most people would call that a steal deal when the market price is about $10k higher. When we list cars at fixed prices I.e when it was listed at $30k, that was market value we had it listed for. You can't knock me because I didn't negotiate the price down for you. Your in the car business and you know how things work. If you wanted it bad enough you should have bid on it like everyone else did. There are rules, this isn't a free for all and explaining my business model to you is irrelevant. Whats funny is you actually applauded my model and said you wished more dealers would take initiative and sell cars that way. We were running cars no reserve before BAT was, we helped stabilize and build the market on E36 M3's and E46 M3. We took initiative to clean up 01-03 models when others wouldn't touch them. Don't knock me. Thank me for what I've done for this market, your in the business. The E46 M3 didn't make it to the hagerty top bullet list on its own 2 years in a row. Did you know we sent our sales transactions data to them and showed them this is a strong market. Get your facts straight before you rip a competitor.
Old Sat, Apr-14-2018, 02:16:54 AM   #44
lsbe36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCooperS View Post
For someone who "specializes" in selling E46 M3s, I'm surprised at how you're not able to notice and call out flaws in the cars you sell. At the very least, it seems like transparency is missing. Sure, you're not EAG, and you sell 100K+ mile cars, but disclosure and honesty goes a long way. While I'm sure customers have many great experiences with you, there's definitely a pattern here of deception.
The pattern your referring to is people that can't close the deal and want to make excuses and point the finger. The same customers also have very unrealistic expectations for a car with 10 years of age and sometimes even 100k miles on the clock. We are like any other business we make mistakes sometimes and we do our best to help customers out in those scenarios. We offer to buy back cars, franchise bmw dealers don't even offer that. Try it and ask anyone of them. Carmax won't even take a car back after 7 days. I do. I think that should show you I stand up for my client and my product.

The only deception is when the clients think they can under cut and rob me of a car and think they will go and flip it for a profit and when that doesn't happen they get upset. I've helped guys that could never afford a nice M car get into them and this is that thanks I get for it?

Last edited by lsbe36; Sat, Apr-14-2018 at 02:21:25 AM.
Jump to top lsbe36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-14-2018, 02:20:11 AM   #45
M3Ollie

In the garage:

United States

I bought a 2002 BMW M3 white on cinnamon with Competition wheels, competition rotors/brakes and on coilovers with over 10k in recent work done including rod bearing done twice once by BMW part of recall and then at 95k as preventative maintenance. I agree I paid a little more then I should have but the car had records of everything and for that color combo thatís what I wanted to the T not playing a bid war on eBay.
Tab provided a book of all maintenance and service the car went through from 35k onward. Everything looked good. When the car arrived it was absolutely mint except for the bottom of front bumper since the cars low bt I expected that. I also planned on dropping about 3k into the car regardless of the price this is an M3 not a corolla. And guess what i didnít spend a dime on it to fix pass everything with flying colors and instead dropped that money into Active Autowerke Headers and SGT muffler.
Every shop I bring the car to they all say where did you get he car very hard to find color combo and extremely clean interior and exterior. Atleast 3 people offered to buy car from me, but not selling.
No ones perfect, I had a great experience answered all questions,took my calls, end of day you click buy time to shut up and put the money up.
  • Custom exhaust
  • Muffler Delete
  • Resonator Delete
  • Secondary Cat Delete
  • KN Drop Ins
  • LM 10W60
2002 BMW M3
Alpine White on Cinnamon
  • 6 Speed
  • 25% Tint
  • Beisan Vanos
  • SCZA Section 3
  • AFE Dry Filter Drop-in
  • TRM Coilovers
  • Competitions Wheels
  • Competition Brakes and Rotors
Jump to top M3Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-14-2018, 02:29:02 AM   #46
Voss
Function over Form

In the garage:

United States

Used car salesman has principles of a used car salesman.
Old Mon, Apr-16-2018, 03:54:16 AM   #47
mercedesc63

United States

LOL at this guy...

I remember when I tried buying DINAN wheels from him this was about 6 months ago.
I tried to inform him that his listing was wrong (wheel sizes), he became very defensive then later, changed his post because he measured the wheels.

Bottom line he is a very defensive guy I mean seriously he doesn't need to keep chiming in.
I think it that just makes him seem more guilty (which I think he is).

in the words of 05MDriver from that wheel thread....

Why do you keep raising the price everyday .. 2000.. 2250... 2500.... 3000....
Seller "elusivefx" seems like a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited by mercedesc63; Mon, Apr-16-2018 at 04:01:56 AM.
Jump to top mercedesc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-25-2018, 08:27:57 PM   #48
sarends

United States

I bought two very nice 97 M3ís from Tab last year. I flew out to get both of them. The cars were as good as, or better than, represented. Tab was a great host while I was there.

I would buy from Tab again.

I am 62 years old and not easily deceived. Iíve owned 10 plus BMWs over the years so Iím not a novice when it comes to checking into cars and sellers before buying.

I have no idea what the other forum user here has experienced but I can assure you the two cars I bought were 100% as Tab represented them. One was a one owner and the other was a three owner car- one had 54k miles and the other 74k.

Thanks, Steve
99 Estoril M3 Coupe, 99 Estoril M3 Coupe, 02 E39 M5 Imola, 99 Titanium Silver M3/2/5, 89 Zinnoberot 325IS, 89 tan 325 IS - Eurotuner magazine car, 92 DINAN 325 IS,, 86 325E, 86 Buick Gran National, 70 Buick GS Stage I, 56 Lincoln Premier
Jump to top sarends is offline   Reply With Quote