BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 12:00:05 AM   #11
liam821

United States

Default Re: Buyer beware/scam - ElusiveFX (Tab Khan)

e73 xDrive35d Platinum Gray Metallic on Cinnamon
Jump to top liam821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 12:05:20 AM   #12
lmtfi

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
I don't know man. Most auctions online, aka eBay, are well understood that you are buying a product that is accurately described and represented honestly. I suppose if the auction said "buys as is where is, NO PPI allowed, no returns no takes backsies" then I'm with you. But online auctions are well evolved from the typical live car auction and if the seller is knowingly misrepresenting and not being forthcoming about some easy questions, well, that's on the seller. No reason to dodge like that unless you are hiding something to make a quick buck cause you're a douchetoy.
The OP appears to have no basis to assert that the seller ever possessed the PPI report. In my track car purchase - the seller similarly never had access to the PPI results. I was paying for it - its my report. Yet the OP impugns the seller's reputation by inferring that the seller had it - even though the seller said he didn't.

Then when the OP started emailing more screening questions after submitting a binding bid - the seller wanted that to shift to a phone discussion. I guess one can try see that as as something bad - but the OP hasn't offered any proof of that.
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 12:06:27 AM   #13
TK-421

United States

Infrequent poster but just thought I would chime in.

I bought an e46 from Tab last year and the entire time he was upfront and helpful. He agreed to take the car in for a PPI upon request (on his time) and everything checked out. Car has been fantastic the year I've owned it. He definitely knows these cars and based on my experience if I were in the market again would check out what he has.

Also to clarify, I paid for the PPI as the prospective buyer and Tab was kind enough to take the car in on his time. The shop that did the PPI (I chose the shop) shared the results only with me.

Last edited by TK-421; Fri, Apr-13-2018 at 12:09:57 AM.
Jump to top TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 12:56:32 AM   #14
lsbe36

In response to your message:

I just dodged a huge bullet by walking away from a deal with ElusiveFX (Tab Khan) and wanted to share my experience so that no one here gets burned by him.

Sorry you feel that way, we specialize in these cars and have built a reputation by buying them from all over the country, reconditioning them and reselling them to enthusiasts such as yourself for a discounted price compared to any other reseller in the country. We have been around the automotive community for over two decades and have done different businesses within the industry. We enjoy the auto business and our company focus has been older BMW M cars.

Many of you who follow the market will have seen ElusiveFX flipping a number of well-optioned M3s on eBay, Cars.com, etc. Although he claims to be a dealer, he is not and will push to transact as a private party. Also, for whatever reason, he does not accept financing from traditional/reputable financial institutions.

Let's recap here real quick, you asked us to write a lower amount sales price for this vehicle, which we respectfully declined to do so. You clicked the buy it now for a fixed price eBay listing. The sales price is as listed in the ad, and that is a reported number and archived in the eBay and Pricehub database.

We traditionally work with cash buyers on collectible cars, we write that very clearly in our ads, a very small percentage of buyers will require financing as most of my clients are usually mature adults that have the financial means to purchase a collectible. We are selling investment grade cars here, why would anyone that needs to pay 7% interest on a car, buy a collectible kind of defeats the purpose of the purchase?

In regards to financing: We get sales inquiries daily, we keep it simple. Ryan@JJbest does classic and collector car financing, you can give ryan a call, he will get the deal done.

If you don't like Ryan, call Lightstream. Most banks won't do the deal, some credit unions will. We tell all prospective finance buyers to please have their prequalification letter in hand prior to calling us or coming to view a car in person. I sold real estate for years, and we never showed a property without a pre-approval letter, same goes for this. I won't show a car, or spend my time unless the proper and necessary steps are taken to make sure you are willing, and able buyer to be able to close a transaction. Offer, acceptance, and consideration.

Background -
Last night, I decided to pull the trigger on his 2005 Alpine White 6MT ZCP (WBSBL93455PN63166) that has been on the market for quite some time. I ran a Carfax and saw that a PPI was done at Bill Jacobs BMW two weeks ago and asked if he could share the findings. He claimed that it was commissioned by a potential buyer and that he does not have access to the report. I was told that buyer ultimately walked away because he could not secure financing for the vehicle. This morning, I called the dealership to see if I could gather any takeaways from the service adviser and was surprised to hear that Tab Khan brought the car in himself and NOT a potential buyer as he stated. This leads me to believe that there is something seriously wrong with the car and he is trying to hide it.

Last night, you called us multiple times and texted us until 1 AM in the morning. This is not sufficient or acceptable. We have normal 9AM-5PM business hours, please be respectful of my time, as I am of yours. Yes, we provided you with a carfax report. We did have another client schedule a PPI inspection on the car two weeks prior, he did not purchase the car due to not being able to secure funds for the transaction. We do not have access to the report, as we did not pay for the report and the prospective buyer had paid for it and that is his property. Bill Jacobs BMW, and BMWNA does not allow us to retain or keep that record since we did not pay for it. We spoke with Bill Jacobs BMW, the owner, and the service advisor have both stated no one at their store told you I drove the car there. I did in fact drive the car there, as most of our buyers are out of state. But the party that had the PPI scheduled, they paid for the report and they got it, not me. I am not entitled to the report as I did not pay for the report, you are not entitled to the report either as you did not pay for the report. This is confidential information, that only the recipient paying for the inspection receives, no other party.

After the auction ended, he kept pressing for the $300 deposit while dodging some very basic questions about the car. I merely asked via text if he had the service records for the recent Inspection II and if the subframe had been inspected for any issues. He then insisted that we discuss these matters over the phone and seemed very hesitant to confirm anything in writing. When pressed harder, he blew up and claimed that I was wasting his time and threatened to relist the vehicle.

Yes, first of all, it was not an auction, you clicked the buy it now on our listing. We charge a $300 is a nominal fee we charge to secure the deal on our M cars. It covers our listing and prep fee on these cars. And it shows us the buyer is serious. Usually we have eBay portal automatically take payment via Paypal, so in the case of the event a prospective buyer "flakes" such as in this case, we have the funds to be able to relist the vehicle, which in this case now we will have to enter a non paying bidder form and leave a strike against your account for not completing the transaction and wasting our time and our listing charges. We have listed everything in our ads, so stating we don't put things in writing is ridiculous. But we do not text message clients, we talk to them on the phone, email or use eBay message during normal business hours.

We recommend inspections, and to review the listing all the info is presented.

I reassured him that I was a serious buyer but needed to check the box on a few items before moving forward. We went back and forth for a bit over text before I brought up my findings on the PPI being done by him. There has been no word from him since and the vehicle has since been relisted on eBay.

We tried calling, we didn't get a response. Sorry, give us a call we can hash it out.

In a nutshell: I am honest about the condition of the cars I sell and more than willing to answer any questions, I am a top rated seller on eBay for a reason. But I have zero tolerance for time wasters, and if you want to window shop please do so but not on my time. A serious buyer, will view the picture, purchase and obtain an inspection, call me or speak with me so I can provide them with further information on the car, and then make a decision. This individual, did not want to speak, did not want to purchase an inspection, and then decided to try to destroy my reputation over a car that he has never seen, never driven, and didn't purchase.

Last edited by lsbe36; Fri, Apr-13-2018 at 05:16:32 PM.
Jump to top lsbe36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 01:06:51 AM   #15
lsbe36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Infrequent poster but just thought I would chime in.

I bought an e46 from Tab last year and the entire time he was upfront and helpful. He agreed to take the car in for a PPI upon request (on his time) and everything checked out. Car has been fantastic the year I've owned it. He definitely knows these cars and based on my experience if I were in the market again would check out what he has.

Also to clarify, I paid for the PPI as the prospective buyer and Tab was kind enough to take the car in on his time. The shop that did the PPI (I chose the shop) shared the results only with me.
Hey thank you for the kind words please remind me of which car I sold you and what your name was I apologize in advance. This is the company that I've built from the ground up and I'm very passionate about my work effortlessly for years to build up our name and to be able to specialize in these cars there's lotta hard work and dedication that goes in it and reading a positive feedback response from the customer such as yourself just made my day thank you so much!!! Tab Khan ElusiveFx
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 01:27:53 AM   #16
TK-421

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbe36 View Post
Hey thank you for the kind words please remind me of which car I sold you and what your name was I apologize in advance. This is the company that I've built from the ground up and I'm very passionate about my work effortlessly for years to build up our name and to be able to specialize in these cars there's lotta hard work and dedication that goes in it and reading a positive feedback response from the customer such as yourself just made my day thank you so much!!! Tab Khan ElusiveFx
I bought a 2002 Carbon Black M3 from you around March of last year, name is Peter I had the e36 M3 that I drove out to check out the car.

I had a great experience talking with you and seeing the cars (I originally came to look at a different M3 than the one I bought). You definitely knew your stuff when it came to e46 M3s and were very open about any issues the cars I looked at had along with taking it in for a PPI. I've had my e46 for a year and I love it. Currently having the subframe reinforcement done along with ST coilovers installed and I'm very excited to get it back on the road.
Jump to top TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 01:36:38 AM   #17
Bimmerboi19

Italy

Reading the ebay listing makes me want to vomit. For that money I'd find one without two accidents on the carfax and one that doesn't look suspect for a mileage rollback.

Last edited by Bimmerboi19; Fri, Apr-13-2018 at 01:39:45 AM.
Jump to top Bimmerboi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 01:38:37 AM   #18
Voss
Function over Form

In the garage:

United States

You ever think about changing your name ElusiveFx? I mean, being elusive does not have a good connection to it.

Unless thatís what youíre going for.
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 01:48:04 AM   #19
lsbe36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voss View Post
You ever think about changing your name ElusiveFx? I mean, being elusive does not have a good connection to it.

Unless that’s what you’re going for.
It's a name I've had for over a decade. When we sold Dpe wheels, iforged and Hre. I won't change my name it's like changing your identity. Would you change your name? I know they sell water named the same thing, but does that matter?

Last edited by lsbe36; Fri, Apr-13-2018 at 01:53:04 AM.
Jump to top lsbe36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 01:57:12 AM   #20
lsbe36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I bought a 2002 Carbon Black M3 from you around March of last year, name is Peter I had the e36 M3 that I drove out to check out the car.

I had a great experience talking with you and seeing the cars (I originally came to look at a different M3 than the one I bought). You definitely knew your stuff when it came to e46 M3s and were very open about any issues the cars I looked at had along with taking it in for a PPI. I've had my e46 for a year and I love it. Currently having the subframe reinforcement done along with ST coilovers installed and I'm very excited to get it back on the road.
Hey yes!!! I remember we took a picture with you and the car and put it on our IG! Glad you like the car, I actually remember buying that car and having it shipped and putting the 19's on it, it was super clean I remember you initially came over to look at an 04, and the opted for the one you bought! I think it even has some dinan software on it if I recall correctly!