BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Apr-16-2018, 09:32:51 PM   #81
Mr. Black
Registered Drug User

Canada

Default Re: Supersprint Twin Pipe exhaust sect.2

I'm definitley interested, and It would be easy to have my indy shop fabricate a new 2.5 muffler
Jump to top Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:23:19 PM   #82
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

A little update, I hope AlpineRider (Alessandro Gilli -- Supersprint, Italy) doesn't mind me chiming in.

I asked Supersprint about the whether or not they had plans for a complimenting muffler to this new section 2, here is their reply:

Quote:
We have not planned on offering an oversize version of our current rear mufflers.

However, in the case there is enough interest, this option would be feasible, no problem.

The new, SS dual-pipe section 2 has its ends reduced down to 60mm, featuringh oem spec flanges & sealing ring recesses, in order to accept any of the SS current mufflers.

As is, this new SS exhaust setup hase a wide range of use on modified / race cars, guaranteeing the proper exhaust gas flow rate, up to a max output of 400 / 420 crank hp.

More extensive, radical engine modification, from 420 hp on up, or supercharging conversions, would definetly benefit from larger diameter rear mufflers, and from a new, specific sect. 2 to go with them.

We can always build special edition exhausts, with larger tubing, oversized core mufflers, etc. for a min. requested q. ty of 10 sets.

In some particular cases, that can go down to 5 sets.

Best Regards

Alessandro Gilli

Supersprint
With all of this being said, we should ABSOLUTELY take advantage of what Supersprint is offering to us. Finding 10 people to commit to a special edition exhaust system that meets our high HP needs without compromise should be EASY.

Thoughts?

Mods: Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:28:01 PM   #83
C///M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
A little update, I hope AlpineRider (Alessandro Gilli -- Supersprint, Italy) doesn't mind me chiming in.

I asked Supersprint about the whether or not they had plans for a complimenting muffler to this new section 2, here is their reply:

With all of this being said, we should ABSOLUTELY take advantage of what Supersprint is offering to us. Finding 10 people to commit to a special edition exhaust system that meets our high HP needs without compromise should be EASY.

Thoughts?
I'll never go beyond my cams/CSL Airbox setup, but am 100% down for a custom 2.5" SS offering.

Truth be told, if we're going to do this, I'd want to make sure we got the section 2 that doesn't neck-down to 60mm, otherwise what's the point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Jump to top C///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:31:05 PM   #84
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Mmmm...was afriad of that.. definatly someone start a group buy and ask for the full enchilada. Lets get this show on the road...why am I so vested in this lol

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers, Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
364.1 whp 287.8 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:34:50 PM   #85
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Thoughts?
This might be a good chance for Brian N to get the quieter race style SS muffler he's been wanting

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:36:37 PM   #86
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Thoughts?
I am assuming would we need a special run for both the new section 2 so it doesnít neck down and muffler correct?

Also are we limited to them adapting an existing design Street, Sport, Race? Or can we have some sorta hybrid like Hassan has built. (Race Design with Sport sound levels.) Which I think would be better suited to pair with an Airbox.

Pretty sure I am down for this if we can get a GB going!

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:39:45 PM   #87

In the garage:

United States

Would definitely be in on a GB.

Engine: Lang Racing stage 2.5 head, Schrick 288/280 cams, ARP studs, Epic Tuning, AFE intake, CSL headers, SGT scza section 3.

Driveline: Clutch Masters FX725, AKG stage II shifter, Vibra technics engine and trans mounts, Motorsport 4.10 R&P, mason clutch pedal.

Suspension: Bilstein coilovers, camber mod, UUC sways, PFC direct drive, PFC 08's, Nitto NT05's.

Coming soon: Lang Racing rod journal widening kit w/ CP 12:1 87.5mm pistons, Carrillo rods, Supersprint stepped V1 headers & section 1.

Instagram: instatroll_zach
Jump to top . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:44:02 PM   #88
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
I am assuming would we need a special run for both the new section 2 so it doesnít neck down and muffler correct?
Thought the same immediately. This new sect 2 necks down to 60mm to match almost every sect 3 out there, so we'd need another dual pipe sect 2 that's 63.5mm all the way to the end.

How much HP would be left on the table with a full 2.5" system that goes down to 2.37" at the muffler in contrast to a completely 2.5" system all the way to the exhaust tips?

Evolve-R Alpha N ∑ Evolve CSL CF Airbox ∑ Eventuri Scoop ∑ Supersprint V1 stepped 63mm ∑ SS V1 S pipe 63mm + 200 cell HFC ∑ OE sect 2 60mm ∑ SS Sport 60mm ∑ BMW Motorsport 4.10 ∑ Besian ∑ RE pullies/fan delete ∑ WPC rod bearings ∑ TMS Camber & Subf plates ∑ RE Trans Mounts ∑ AKG poly SUB/DIFF 95a ∑ SDW RTAB ∑ ZHP knob + UUC DSSR ∑ GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 376/440) + tall RSMs ∑ OE CSL trunk ∑ APEX 75mm Studs ∑ Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" ∑ MPSS 245/275 ∑ Brembo 996 36/40 345mm Textar ∑ Pioneer DEH-80PRS ∑ Eclipse PA5422 ∑ CDT HD-6 + WS-100i ∑ CDT EX-530 ∑ 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 ∑ PPI 1600.4 ∑ CDT HD-6 + HD-100 ∑ CDT EX-530 ∑ Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:46:39 PM   #89
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
I am assuming would we need a special run for both the new section 2 so it doesn’t neck down and muffler correct?

Also are we limited to them adapting an existing design Street, Sport, Race? Or can we have some sorta hybrid like Hassan has built. (Race Design with Sport sound levels.) Which I think would be better suited to pair with an Airbox.

Pretty sure I am down for this if we can get a GB going!
All good questions that I will have to ask them about. I think anyone interested in a new 2.5in muffler, will likely already be interested in the complementing 2.5in Twin-Section 2 (and vise versa) since they play together. It wouldn't make much sense to add a new muffler without the section 2. Also, I would think it would be rather easy for them to replace the flanges on the new twin-section 2 so as not to "neck down". From my experience with Supersprint and based on Alessandro's reply, it sounds like they are willing to make us anything we want in terms of custom exhaust parts, as long as there is enough interest before-hand to make it financially worth it for SS to produce. If we all can agree on a single design and if there is enough of us, I don't think we will have any issues having a custom exhaust engineered for our specific 'niche' needs.

Mods: Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Wed, Apr-18-2018 at 06:50:15 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:49:14 PM   #90
maynard423

United States

Default Supersprint Twin Pipe exhaust sect.2

Does .14Ē really make that much of a difference at the Muffler? Iím all for new parts but Iím not sure about paying $2200 or more for a . 14Ē larger version of the Muffler I have. I see the benefit in the Section 2 by going back to two pipes with a matching diameter and reducing the single pipe bottle neck. Iíve been wrong before but Iíd need to see proof with the back box change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by maynard423; Wed, Apr-18-2018 at 08:08:27 PM.
Jump to top maynard423 is offline   Reply With Quote