BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 07:15:31 PM   #1
Gtfour

In the garage:

Canada

Default FS: E46 M3 custom roll bar kit- you weld

Hi guys,

When I made my roll bar in my E46 M3 track car, I did 3 identicals roll bar at the same time. I installed mine and sold the 2 others locally. I will be making 5 more of these in the next month and I tought I would also offer them here on this forum because a lot of guys track their E46 M3.

This is not your usual bolt in roll bar btw so I am aware that a Kirk or Autopower sells for half the price.

**For OFF-ROAD use ONLY**
**This device is not designed or intended to protect occupants in the event of a roll over or crash**

It will meet most sanctionning org requirements. This roll bar can be convert into a full roll cage at any moment.

All tubes are 1.75"x0.095".

The base plates of the main hoop and the rear shock tower reinforcement plates are 1/8" thick and meet the require 20" sq.in minimum dimension. Main hoop base plates are 4"x5" and rear shock tower plates are 3"x8".

The sheet metal for the subframe reinforcement point covers is 1/16" because it doesn't need to meet any standard.

You will be able to weld 360 degrees all the tubes of this cage.

You can take a look at my build thread to see more pictures of the roll bar:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=545369

I will sell my roll bar kit with all the tubing already notch and the plates bend. All you need to do is fit and weld it in your car.

Pictures are just to show what's included (how many bars) but the bar between the 2 rear shock tower is too short in the pics. Also, the plates that hide the rear subframe tied in attachment points are now bend with a hole in it ready to be weld.

Here is what's included in the kit:

-1x main hoop
-1x horizontal bar between rear shock tower
-2x diagonal bars from main hoop to rear shock tower
-2x diagonal bars from main hoop to front subframe reinforcement tie-in points
-2x diagonal bars from rear shock tower to rear subframe reinforcement tie-in points
-1x X-brace between rear subframe reinforcement tie-in points
-4x bars for subframe reinforcement tie-in points
-2x main hoop base plates
-2x rear shock tower plates
-4x covers for subframe reinforcement tie-in point holes
-2x gussets from main hoop to B-pillars (chassis)

Kit will come with an installation instruction guide and can also make it in PDF if you want.

I will only ship to Continental USA or Canada

Price: $1200 + shipping

See pictures here;

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autres-pieces...ationFlag=true

Last edited by Gtfour; Fri, Sep-15-2017 at 05:32:38 PM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 08:00:50 PM   #2
E30toF30

Canada

Default Re: FS: E46 M3 custom roll bar kit- you weld

Wow. . This roll bar looks amazing!
Saw your post in the safety thread and I happen to be looking at a Kirk bolt in as my first half cage/roll bar.

I know the bolt in may not be as safe as a weld in like this, but for now I was thinking it would be a good first step to improve safety while still giving me the option to revert back to stock if things change.

However, this kit looks so amazing! . More or a general question, but would installing this kit prevent me from returning back to stock if I wanted to? And if not, what about welded options makes going back to stock not possible? If going with a welded option is however possible in my case, I would rather go this route for an increase in safety?
Thanks!
Jump to top E30toF30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 08:05:10 PM   #3
xM P0W3Rx
Dan the VANOS man

In the garage:

United States

Love it! Looks like a fantastic permanent cage solution at a good price.

Jump to top xM P0W3Rx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 08:13:47 PM   #4
Gtfour

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30toF30 View Post
Wow. . This roll bar looks amazing!
Saw your post in the safety thread and I happen to be looking at a Kirk bolt in as my first half cage/roll bar.

I know the bolt in may not be as safe as a weld in like this, but for now I was thinking it would be a good first step to improve safety while still giving me the option to revert back to stock if things change.

However, this kit looks so amazing! . More or a general question, but would installing this kit prevent me from returning back to stock if I wanted to? And if not, what about welded options makes going back to stock not possible? If going with a welded option is however possible in my case, I would rather go this route for an increase in safety?
Thanks!
Everything is possible in life but returning to stock after installing a weld in roll bar would be a PITA and also you would loose the money you put into the roll bar. A bolt in roll bar is a reversible option in that case and you can sell it after.

A weld in roll bar is for a dedicted track car and I will also make the front section for a full cage option over the winter so it can be upgrade to full cage in the future if someone is interrested.
Jump to top Gtfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 08:16:38 PM   #5
Gtfour

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by xM P0W3Rx View Post
Love it! Looks like a fantastic permanent cage solution at a good price.
Thanks!

My design with the rear subframe reinforcement point tied in will rigidify the rear end and will stop future crack in the sheet metal.
Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 08:35:47 PM   #6
E30toF30

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtfour View Post
Everything is possible in life but returning to stock after installing a weld in roll bar would be a PITA and also you would loose the money you put into the roll bar. A bolt in roll bar is a reversible option in that case and you can sell it after.

A weld in roll bar is for a dedicted track car and I will also make the front section for a full cage option over the winter so it can be upgrade to full cage in the future if someone is interrested.
Thanks for addressing my question above.
My car is in fact a dedicated track car, but one I want to continue to be able to drive to and from the track. That will probably be 98% of the street driving it gets. I'm not yet prepared to trailer a car to and from the track so for now the half cage/roll bar is what I'm planning.

At the same time, I'm wondering if maybe this should be the way I go regardless. If it isn't reversible, at least there are always people out there who are looking to purchase a track prepped M3... I know I was! However here in Canada, the number of pre-built cars available are very limited unlike down in the states. I ended up picking up a bone stock car so I'm in for a big (and throughly enjoyable) project.

I'll reach out to you via PM to discuss this as an option for me.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtfour View Post
Thanks!

My design with the rear subframe reinforcement point tied in will rigidify the rear end and will stop future crack in the sheet metal.
Good note on this.
The subrame reinforcement (TMS kit) is something I have planned. Would doing this cage actually be a way to bang out two birds with one stone? Or would I still need to do the full turner kit?

Thanks!
Jump to top E30toF30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-12-2016, 10:48:07 PM   #7
Gtfour

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30toF30 View Post
Thanks for addressing my question above.
My car is in fact a dedicated track car, but one I want to continue to be able to drive to and from the track. That will probably be 98% of the street driving it gets. I'm not yet prepared to trailer a car to and from the track so for now the half cage/roll bar is what I'm planning.

At the same time, I'm wondering if maybe this should be the way I go regardless. If it isn't reversible, at least there are always people out there who are looking to purchase a track prepped M3... I know I was! However here in Canada, the number of pre-built cars available are very limited unlike down in the states. I ended up picking up a bone stock car so I'm in for a big (and throughly enjoyable) project.

I'll reach out to you via PM to discuss this as an option for me.
Thanks!

Good note on this.
The subrame reinforcement (TMS kit) is something I have planned. Would doing this cage actually be a way to bang out two birds with one stone? Or would I still need to do the full turner kit?

Thanks!
Exact, when you have a weld in roll bar and decided it's over with track days, just sell the car. There is always someone willing to buy a track ready turn key car instead of having to start from scratch.

My roll bar adress the problem of subframe attachment point failure only on the part that is inside the cabin. You still have to do it under the car with the Turner kit. My car had the Turner kit installed by the previous owner somewhere around 2010 but was cracked on the inside part. I discovered it when I did my roll bar.

You can also take a look at the Reddish kit. I heard good comment about this one.

I will send you a pm tonight after looking at some online shipping quote
Old Tue, Dec-13-2016, 01:38:25 AM   #8
Odessa656

In the garage:

Canada

Looks really great.
Jump to top Odessa656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-13-2016, 03:20:01 AM   #9
wtbe46m3

In the garage:

United States

wow. I want this..... please pm me a price shipped to 94546 in the U.S.
Jump to top wtbe46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-13-2016, 07:48:25 AM   #10
ILLuSioNz X
Built, not bought

In the garage:

India

All that for a thousand bucks? I don't think people realize the amount of time and labor that goes into making a kit like this. GLWS, it's truly a great deal!
Suspension/Braking: TRM Coilovers 780F/895R|OEM Front & Turner Rear Reinforcement Plates|RE Rear Spring Perch Reinforcement|GC Race FCABs|GC Monoball RTABs|Godspeed LCAs|Turner Monoball Upper CAB|Turner Sway Bars|Turner Subframe Reinforcement (installed by Coinage)|Turner Solid Subframe, Differential, Motor and Transmission Mounts
Braking: Rotora 4-Piston Calipers|S/S Lines|Ate Dot4|Powerslot Rotors|Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads

The Official Supercharger Kit Maintenance/Replacement Parts Thread (VF, AA and ESS)
Check out my for sale threads:ILLuSioNzX 2003 M3 Coupe Partout | 2003 BMW E46 M3 Coupe TiAg/Blk (VF570, Track Suspension, Etc.)
Jump to top ILLuSioNz X is offline   Reply With Quote