BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sat, Nov-15-2014, 04:28:04 AM   #351
ZCP boyzky
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 ZCP boyzky is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE (Sound Clip Added)

I already put my order in for the Vibrant resonator. CPI resonators are out of stock.


Sent from my iPhone
Jump to top ZCP boyzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 03:50:46 PM   #352
Tifosi Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Reputation: 0 Tifosi Scuderia is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

So I have Fabspeed Headers, Fabspeed 200 Cell Cats and a Dinan Rear muffler. I was hoping that there is a solution I can use to put a resonator in place of the mini muffler that is before the main rear muffler. Really, I just don't want to cut up my Fabspeed section with the Sport Cats to put in a resonator, even though the cats are at the back of the section and I could fit one upstream just fine.

An ideas? the only part of the exhaust that is oem is the section between my sport cats and rear muffler.
Jump to top Tifosi Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 04:21:13 PM   #353
Custom Performance
M3Forum Sponsor
 
Custom Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,824
Reputation: 0 Custom Performance is on a distinguished road
Location: Northern VA

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi Scuderia View Post
So I have Fabspeed Headers, Fabspeed 200 Cell Cats and a Dinan Rear muffler. I was hoping that there is a solution I can use to put a resonator in place of the mini muffler that is before the main rear muffler. Really, I just don't want to cut up my Fabspeed section with the Sport Cats to put in a resonator, even though the cats are at the back of the section and I could fit one upstream just fine.

An ideas? the only part of the exhaust that is oem is the section between my sport cats and rear muffler.
The "mini muffler" is actually a dual-core, straight-through resonator. Replacing it with resonators is nearly impossible (plus won't really help much more). The OE pipes coming into and out of the OE resonator are not round (but rather a D-shape) - flat on the back side. Installing resonators would require custom fabrication. To eliminate the rasp, the best method in resonators in section 1.
__________________
Jack

BMW M3 Performance Parts
We know the parts - not just the part number


For questions, quotes, or inventory checks...
Call or TXT me @ 540.903.3405
Email @
sales@custom-performance.net

FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING
Visit our website - Custom-Performance.net
Jump to top Custom Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 04:58:53 PM   #354
curiouz_g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,366
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 curiouz_g is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

So I have the CPI CRT200 with resonators and cats, SS non resonated X pipe (had the stock one on for a while), M3an one headers and OEM muffler. I still have what I would call "rasp". Is there any way to further dial it out?
__________________
Daily grinder: 2008 BMW 335I
All weather warrior: 2011 Acura RDX
Weekend thrasher: 2004 BMW M3 6spd Vortech Supercharged VT550+ (500whp @ 9lbs on ONLY 93 )
Toy: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan 6 speed AA Supercharged
Jump to top curiouz_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 05:22:22 PM   #355
Tifosi Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Reputation: 0 Tifosi Scuderia is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Performance View Post
The "mini muffler" is actually a dual-core, straight-through resonator. Replacing it with resonators is nearly impossible (plus won't really help much more). The OE pipes coming into and out of the OE resonator are not round (but rather a D-shape) - flat on the back side. Installing resonators would require custom fabrication. To eliminate the rasp, the best method in resonators in section 1.
Ahh gotcha. Are you able to provide any measurements of the 1700 Resonator that I would only need one of? I need to measure my Section 1 Diameter to make sure it would fit on one side. I am 90% certain it is 2.5" (I should know this, I worked at Fabspeed for two years, DOH!)
Jump to top Tifosi Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 05:37:35 PM   #356
Custom Performance
M3Forum Sponsor
 
Custom Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,824
Reputation: 0 Custom Performance is on a distinguished road
Location: Northern VA

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi Scuderia View Post
Ahh gotcha. Are you able to provide any measurements of the 1700 Resonator that I would only need one of? I need to measure my Section 1 Diameter to make sure it would fit on one side. I am 90% certain it is 2.5" (I should know this, I worked at Fabspeed for two years, DOH!)
I'm not familiar with the "1700" resonator. What brand? I would guess it is in the 2.25" range. A 2.5" pipe is a bit large for section 1 (unless you are running the Supersprint V1 stepped headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouz_g
So I have the CPI CRT200 with resonators and cats, SS non resonated X pipe (had the stock one on for a while), M3an one headers and OEM muffler. I still have what I would call "rasp". Is there any way to further dial it out?
You will still have a little rasp with that setup. The only way I have found to eliminate all the rasp (with aftermarket headers) is to use the large Magnaflow 10445 resonators.

__________________
Jack

BMW M3 Performance Parts
We know the parts - not just the part number


For questions, quotes, or inventory checks...
Call or TXT me @ 540.903.3405
Email @
sales@custom-performance.net

FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING
Visit our website - Custom-Performance.net
Jump to top Custom Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 06:16:44 PM   #357
curiouz_g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,366
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 curiouz_g is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

Thanks for the info Jack.
__________________
Daily grinder: 2008 BMW 335I
All weather warrior: 2011 Acura RDX
Weekend thrasher: 2004 BMW M3 6spd Vortech Supercharged VT550+ (500whp @ 9lbs on ONLY 93 )
Toy: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan 6 speed AA Supercharged
Jump to top curiouz_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-26-2014, 09:38:45 PM   #358
Tifosi Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Reputation: 0 Tifosi Scuderia is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Custom RASP-B-GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Performance View Post
I'm not familiar with the "1700" resonator. What brand? I would guess it is in the 2.25" range. A 2.5" pipe is a bit large for section 1 (unless you are running the Supersprint V1 stepped headers.


You will still have a little rasp with that setup. The only way I have found to eliminate all the rasp (with aftermarket headers) is to use the large Magnaflow 10445 resonators.

Sorry, I meant the 1790. I will verify the diameter of the tubing. I wouldn't be surprised if if is 2.25".
Jump to top Tifosi Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
custom, raspbgone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Performance Rasp Terminator m3musclehed E46 M3 (2001-2006) 17 Tue, Aug-26-2008 11:48:38 PM
FS: Custom Performance Rasp Terminator ZimaMotorsports Parts for Sale/Wanted 13 Mon, Jun-09-2008 12:32:54 AM
Custom Performance Custom Rasp Terminator 3rd_Collective Parts for Sale/Wanted 12 Fri, Aug-18-2006 11:08:24 PM
RE Rasp Pipe with Custom Exhaust? jjm3 E46 M3 (2001-2006) 11 Thu, Aug-18-2005 08:50:39 PM
Custom Rasp-B-Gone - HUGE thumbs up!! The_Chad E46 M3 (2001-2006) 4 Sat, Jul-02-2005 01:53:46 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Custom RASP-B-GONE in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)