BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 05:29:06 PM   #11
BearDeXPS
Registered User
 
BearDeXPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,872
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 BearDeXPS is on a distinguished road
Location: SATX

United States




Default Re: Halo headlights

I plan on removing my Umnitza's... terrible company.
__________________

'05 BMW ///M3 JB/Blk My Journal
Dinan | Rogue Engineering | Status Gruppe Tuning | H&R | Koni | 3M | Umnitza | Turner Motorsport | TeKarbon | Coby | aFe | Bimmerworld | Schroth
Lang Racing Stg. 2 | SuperTech | ARP | Radium Engineering | Aeromotive | Dimple | Brembo | Racing Brake | Motul | Mishimoto | Redish | C&R
EVOsport | Michelin | Beisan | Macht Schnell | Lamin-X | AKG | BSW | Eurosport Design | Mason Engineering | Vibra-Tech | evolve-R
Jump to top BearDeXPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 05:46:33 PM   #12
2006E46M3fan
Registered User
 
2006E46M3fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,386
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 2006E46M3fan is on a distinguished road
Location: Connecticut

United States




Default Re: Halo headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDeXPS View Post
I plan on removing my Umnitza's... terrible company.
Sounds like there's a story behind this. Do tell.
__________________
Jump to top 2006E46M3fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 06:02:20 PM   #13
oleg232000
e46AllDay
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 341
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 oleg232000 is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles, CA

United States




Default Re: Halo headlights

find user : crazyafghanguy . He comes to you and installs in the SoCal area. Otherwise he will send you a good kit and you can install yourself. I feel this is the best middle of the run option. Not cheap unreliable stuff, but not top of the line color adjustable stuff that will cost you 200+ with setup. He has a thread in the parts for sale section. You can see all the pics of users who bought from him. Looks good. He responds quickly as well.
Jump to top oleg232000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 09:15:53 PM   #14
forzanerazzurri
Registered User
 
forzanerazzurri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 616
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 forzanerazzurri is on a distinguished road
Location: Calgary

Canada




Default Re: Halo headlights

I have been thinking about angel eyes for a while but cant do it. The install just seems so ghetto with the clips and the wires going everywhere.
__________________
Jump to top forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 09:51:23 PM   #15
pwsull
Registered User
 
pwsull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 78
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 pwsull is on a distinguished road
Location: New England

United States




Default Re: Halo headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
I have been thinking about angel eyes for a while but cant do it. The install just seems so ghetto with the clips and the wires going everywhere.


When done patiently the clips and wires are all "behind the scenes" and not visible or "ghetto" appearing.

You do have to make sure you get the correct diameter halo rings for the headlight reflectors your car has. The OEM HID reflectors are a different diameter than the OEM halogens are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

'04 TiAg 6MT, Bilstein PSS10's, Turner Front Camber Plates & Rear Camber Arms,
Apex 18X9.5 ARC 8's, Turner SS Brake Lines, Brass Brake Caliper Bushing Upgrade Kit, Dinan Front Sway Bar, Dinan Stage I Tune
Jump to top pwsull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:29:15 PM   #16
forzanerazzurri
Registered User
 
forzanerazzurri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 616
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 forzanerazzurri is on a distinguished road
Location: Calgary

Canada




Default Re: Halo headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwsull View Post
When done patiently the clips and wires are all "behind the scenes" and not visible or "ghetto" appearing.

You do have to make sure you get the correct diameter halo rings for the headlight reflectors your car has. The OEM HID reflectors are a different diameter than the OEM halogens are.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do the Umnitza Orions attach securely or do the halos swing on the hinge like some install videos seem to indicate?
__________________
Jump to top forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 11:21:55 PM   #17
Takumi587
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,153
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Takumi587 is on a distinguished road
Location: San Marino

United States




Default Re: Halo headlights

I have Umnitza angel eyes installed and I did it myself. I did a very thorough job of incasing the wiring and fastening loose wires etc. This was all done with additional supplies from Home Depot. Pretty easy DIY if you have the time and patience.

However, these cars are 11+ years of age so some plastic clips you bend or move might break on you when doing it.

My Umnitza angel eyes have been on since 2008 but 1 eye is dead. I reached out to Umnitza and the best they can do is give me a discount on a new set since the generation of angel eyes I have are apparently no longer made by them. I thought they had lifetime warranty or that's what I remember was advertised when I bought it many years back... So, I am not replacing them but will remove the whole thing eventually when I find the time to do so.

I do remember back in the day people were scared of the angel eyes wiring being too hot that they caused a fire in the engine bay. Could have been bad ballasts or poor installment of wherever they had it. Not trying to scare you but I would do some serious due diligence before moving forward with adding angel eyes.

If I could go back in time then I would have never put the eyes on the car and used the money towards other mods. Just my .02 cents.
Jump to top Takumi587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-22-2017, 08:17:30 PM   #18
w@lterwhite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
Reputation: 0 w@lterwhite is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Halo headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
I have Umnitza angel eyes installed and I did it myself. I did a very thorough job of incasing the wiring and fastening loose wires etc. This was all done with additional supplies from Home Depot. Pretty easy DIY if you have the time and patience.

However, these cars are 11+ years of age so some plastic clips you bend or move might break on you when doing it.

My Umnitza angel eyes have been on since 2008 but 1 eye is dead. I reached out to Umnitza and the best they can do is give me a discount on a new set since the generation of angel eyes I have are apparently no longer made by them. I thought they had lifetime warranty or that's what I remember was advertised when I bought it many years back... So, I am not replacing them but will remove the whole thing eventually when I find the time to do so.

I do remember back in the day people were scared of the angel eyes wiring being too hot that they caused a fire in the engine bay. Could have been bad ballasts or poor installment of wherever they had it. Not trying to scare you but I would do some serious due diligence before moving forward with adding angel eyes.

If I could go back in time then I would have never put the eyes on the car and used the money towards other mods. Just my .02 cents.
The original kits were CCFL. They were introduced in 2003 and were sold up through 2009 until the factory used stopped producing them entirely. For about 3-4 years after that, you could still reasonably easily get rings for replacement but that supply dried out and so by 2012-3 rings were nearly impossible to find.

The new kits are LED based have been around since 2008 - the V4 was introduced in 2010.

There have been more than 30000 kits sold of both V2 and V4 kits.

The newer kits in 2014 were the COB based kits. Pretty much if you are buying the cheaper LED based kits for $55-75, they will fail on you because of incorrectly spec'ed components.

Umnitza hasn't been a vendor on here for a while but still sells the best kits on the market. $160 for the V2 kit and $269 for the V4 kit.
Jump to top w@lterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Halo headlights in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)