BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > M3 Frequently Asked Questions
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Frequently Asked Questions First place to check if you've got a question about your BMW M3. UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Old Sun, Sep-10-2006, 03:18:35 PM   #41
Miami M3
If I only Had Gummybears ...

Switzerland

okay vert experts -- anyone know the part number for the trim piece that is around the shifter on a 6MT - you know - with the cut-outs for the windows

also, can we order this piece individually without the other 8 pieces of trim?

is this piece different from the coupe since we have the extra "all windows down" button ???

i want to change my shifter and boot because they are worn - and my titan shadow trim around the boot is in horrible condition

i hate titan shadow - wish i had a set of the Piano Black that came on the 01s

Official Boobie Connoisseur Number Fifty-Four
Jump to top Miami M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 03:52:48 AM   #42
M3boy0817
M3boy0817

United States

Default Please help....

Hi Everyone!
I am not much of a mechanic guy nor very knowledgable about M's. Please help.
I owned a 03 M3 Convertible for over a year now. I've been getting this strange noise coming from the engine bay. This problem was discovered by a friend of my when he first drove my car when I first bought it. Since I'm not a mechanic guy I didn't think that it would be a big deal. Over the weekend, I brough it to an auto shop, the mechanic told me that there is something wrong with the exhaust manifold. To his knowledge, he said that there is a leak or there is something wrong with the gasket. The car will be servincing in 2 weeks by Longbeach BMW but I just want to expand my knowledge a little bit. If anyone of you could expand my knowledge, I would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Sincerely,
Mike
Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 03:54:41 AM   #43
M3boy0817
M3boy0817

United States

What do you guys think about H&R springs? I'm thinking about buying it from one of the guy in the forum but I'm sure if H&R is good. Please help....
Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 11:40:57 AM   #44
asianjedi
My Jiu-Jitsu Is Strong

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami M3
okay vert experts -- anyone know the part number for the trim piece that is around the shifter on a 6MT - you know - with the cut-outs for the windows

also, can we order this piece individually without the other 8 pieces of trim?

is this piece different from the coupe since we have the extra "all windows down" button ???

i want to change my shifter and boot because they are worn - and my titan shadow trim around the boot is in horrible condition

i hate titan shadow - wish i had a set of the Piano Black that came on the 01s
I think you can get it individually. The piece is the same as the coupe.

Hate the Rasp? Got Headers? Still want to pass emmissions? Email me for details on the Catted Rasp Terminator!!!!scott@custom-performance.net
Check out the vid>>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ql4sCXDs4s
Jump to top asianjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 11:42:14 AM   #45
asianjedi
My Jiu-Jitsu Is Strong

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3boy0817
What do you guys think about H&R springs? I'm thinking about buying it from one of the guy in the forum but I'm sure if H&R is good. Please help....
My buddy has them on his vert. Good medium drop while maintaining ride. Get some adjustable rear shocks and it will be perfect.

Hate the Rasp? Got Headers? Still want to pass emmissions? Email me for details on the Catted Rasp Terminator!!!!scott@custom-performance.net
Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 11:44:05 AM   #46
asianjedi
My Jiu-Jitsu Is Strong

United States

Quote:
Hi Everyone!
I am not much of a mechanic guy nor very knowledgable about M's. Please help.
I owned a 03 M3 Convertible for over a year now. I've been getting this strange noise coming from the engine bay. This problem was discovered by a friend of my when he first drove my car when I first bought it. Since I'm not a mechanic guy I didn't think that it would be a big deal. Over the weekend, I brough it to an auto shop, the mechanic told me that there is something wrong with the exhaust manifold. To his knowledge, he said that there is a leak or there is something wrong with the gasket. The car will be servincing in 2 weeks by Longbeach BMW but I just want to expand my knowledge a little bit. If anyone of you could expand my knowledge, I would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Sincerely,
Mike
Couldn't tell you without hearing it. I suggest you post this in the general faults and fixes sections you will get more views and possibly a quicker answer. Our engines are not vert specific.

Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 12:18:01 PM   #47
GJGM3
Porsche 997

United States

Quote:
Moderate drop. I've got Tein S Tech on mine with Koni SA and the drop on mine equates to 1.5" front and 1.3" rear. The springs are great, although H&R I've heard are too. It really depends on what you want. I would not recommend changing springs without changing your shocks/struts as you'll end up having to remove the springs again in short order. I know some others run just the springs but it gets really harsh on rough roads - or so at least mine did. Good luck.

Miss the M3 ASA Boost

But truly, "Porsche, There is No Substitute"

Jump to top GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-12-2006, 03:28:40 PM   #48
M3boy0817
M3boy0817

United States

thank you guys
Old Sat, Sep-23-2006, 11:18:40 PM   #49
M3boy0817
M3boy0817

United States

Default 19" & 20" set up....what do you guys think????

I'm getting some shoes for my //M this weekend. The set up is 19" in the front and 20" in the rear. I need you guys opinion on this. Should I go with 19" all the way around or 19" and 20".
Thanks,
Mike
Old Sat, Sep-23-2006, 11:56:00 PM   #50
asianjedi
My Jiu-Jitsu Is Strong

United States

Quote:
I'm getting some shoes for my //M this weekend. The set up is 19" in the front and 20" in the rear. I need you guys opinion on this. Should I go with 19" all the way around or 19" and 20".
Thanks,
Mike
First I am going to start with the bottom line:

IF YOU DIG IT WHOS GIVES A **** WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS!

Now for my 2 cents:

The "hot rod" look hasn't been done before to an e46 M3 to my knowledge. It could look could but an adjustable drop is key. Thus coilovers is a must as oppossed to your spring inquiries. I would go all 19s or all 20s...but then again if you can pull it off you would be very unique.

One side note: I believe different size wheels will effect your speedomoter and odometer.