BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Tue, May-07-2019, 06:55:30 PM   #1
Tp///M3
Got ///M?

Laos

Default CMP Kits

Hi all,

Anyone from recent CMP group-buy installed their kits in SoCal, shop used? Or have recommendation on the shop? Thanks.

04 CarbonBlack/ImolaRed
Jump to top Tp///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, May-07-2019, 07:05:17 PM   #2
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: CMP Kits

Interested as well. I would guess Matt at Techcraft (Irwindale) could handle it as he fabs cages I believe.

Evolve-R Alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox Eventuri Scoop Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" SS V1 S pipes 2.5" OE sect 2 SCZA 2.5" sect 3 Besian RE pullies fan/SAP/washer/fog delete CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6 + GroundControl/Eibach 325/550lb + GC "tall" RSMs Hotchkis front sway (med) rear strut bar TMS camber & subframe plates Eibach alu rear camber arms RE trans mounts AKG poly subf/diff 95a SDW RTAB OE weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR + delrin bushing

OE CSL trunk Cobra Nogaros + BK + manual OE bases TMS black pedals Sportline 8S 18"x 8.5/9.5" MPSS 245/275 APEX 75mm Studs Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL ZHP "712" rack Pioneer/CDT/Eclipse/Kicker

Last edited by TboneM3; Tue, May-07-2019 at 10:04:19 PM.
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-07-2019, 08:40:11 PM   #3
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

I've done in norcal (this one not diy) if anyone interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All DIY: VANOS, WPC rod bearings, full SS (SS stepped V1 headers, catted S1, stock S2, SS sport), AFD E85 Proflex kit, Ohlins R&T/Hyperco 375f Swift 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, ST40 355 pfc08, 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, Beyer driveshaft, valve adjustment, cooling refresh.

Happy to help with VANOS or any other DIY job around NorCal. Have various specialty tools (VANOS, RTAB, engine bar, valve adjustment, tranny jack, ball joint separator, pilot bearing puller, tap&die kit, etc).
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-08-2019, 04:31:56 PM   #4
Tp///M3
Got ///M?

Laos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
I've done in norcal (this one not diy) if anyone interested.

Yup, looked at the manuals that came with the parts, experienced welder needed.
Which kit/kits did you order?

I think there were couple guys from LA area on the group-buy, wonder where they get theirs installed.

04 CarbonBlack/ImolaRed
Old Wed, May-08-2019, 06:20:48 PM   #5
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp///M3 View Post
Yup, looked at the manuals that came with the parts, experienced welder needed.

Which kit/kits did you order?

I think there were couple guys from LA area on the group-buy, wonder where they get theirs installed.
I did topside with the extension. I already had turner plates from po. I was excited about this kit because it didn't require dropping the subframe and could be done from top only...Shop still had to drop the subframe because the drill bit guide included needs to be modified - it assumes the subframe is down when drilling from bottom so you can screw it in flush with the underside, if you don't drop the subframe, the guide doesn't fit to screw in to protect the threads.

Word of advice on the subframe reinforcement from top for anyone looking to do it, I didn't follow my advice because had family stuff. 75% of total work hours is prepping, so clean out your trunk, rear seat, remove (with chisel, 3m remover, etc) all the sound deadening crap, especially the gooey black stuff across the trunk right behind the rear seat.

All DIY: VANOS, WPC rod bearings, full SS (SS stepped V1 headers, catted S1, stock S2, SS sport), AFD E85 Proflex kit, Ohlins R&T/Hyperco 375f Swift 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, ST40 355 pfc08, 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, Beyer driveshaft, valve adjustment, cooling refresh.

Happy to help with VANOS or any other DIY job around NorCal. Have various specialty tools (VANOS, RTAB, engine bar, valve adjustment, tranny jack, ball joint separator, pilot bearing puller, tap&die kit, etc).
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-08-2019, 10:06:23 PM   #6
Tp///M3
Got ///M?

Laos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
I did topside with the extension. I already had turner plates from po. I was excited about this kit because it didn't require dropping the subframe and could be done from top only...Shop still had to drop the subframe because the drill bit guide included needs to be modified - it assumes the subframe is down when drilling from bottom so you can screw it in flush with the underside, if you don't drop the subframe, the guide doesn't fit to screw in to protect the threads.

Word of advice on the subframe reinforcement from top for anyone looking to do it, I didn't follow my advice because had family stuff. 75% of total work hours is prepping, so clean out your trunk, rear seat, remove (with chisel, 3m remover, etc) all the sound deadening crap, especially the gooey black stuff across the trunk right behind the rear seat.

Thanks for the info.

I am doing the whole thing; topside, plate reinforced on the bottom, also the solid bushing so the subframe needs to come down.
Hoping someone in SoCal had done this using CMP kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04 CarbonBlack/ImolaRed
Old Fri, Jun-07-2019, 10:36:32 PM   #7
apexapex

Japan

It's been a while since this was posted but I hope this helps. I didn't join the GB since I didn't have a M3 yet but I purchased their subframe reinforcement plate, subframe bushings and RTAB 2 weeks ago and just had Matt @ Tech Craft install it. Everything went smoothly and he was really impressed with the overall kit, especially the RTAB bushing.
Old Mon, Jun-10-2019, 03:42:44 PM   #8
Zzyzx85

In the garage:

United States

I think I saw some pics of the installed reinforcements on your car that Matt posted up on Instagram. They look good. Lots of coverage.
Jump to top Zzyzx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-11-2019, 08:18:19 AM   #9
apexapex

Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzx85 View Post
I think I saw some pics of the installed reinforcements on your car that Matt posted up on Instagram. They look good. Lots of coverage.
Yeah, thatís the one!
Old Tue, Jun-11-2019, 04:42:13 PM   #10
Tp///M3
Got ///M?

Laos

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexapex View Post
It's been a while since this was posted but I hope this helps. I didn't join the GB since I didn't have a M3 yet but I purchased their subframe reinforcement plate, subframe bushings and RTAB 2 weeks ago and just had Matt @ Tech Craft install it. Everything went smoothly and he was really impressed with the overall kit, especially the RTAB bushing.
Thanks for posting this. Could you pm me on how much he charged you? Thanks.

04 CarbonBlack/ImolaRed