BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 03:19:32 AM   #21
Braymond141

In the garage:

United States

Good thread idea being ruined with nonsense... yay.

I want one of these

Paul, I'm getting a pair of brand new lenses this weekend. Automotive lighting swears up and down that they don't make the headlights, even though I provided proof. Lets hope I get Bosch glass :-)
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 04:15:25 AM   #22
Shock(/\)ave
Freedom Under Democracy

Canada

Arrow

If a moderator would kindly remove the garbage posts from this thread I'd greatly appreciate it. It didn't even get past 10 posts before people started screwing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danios View Post
This is a great idea!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danios View Post
Not quite as cool, but pretty rare I think, I need door panels (front and rear) in modena leather from a 99 so with airbags slots. Most upholstery shops don't want to try and refinish mine because they are concerned about the bags.
I've seen a complete set of modena leather panels from a luxury package coupe for sale on bimmerforums.com over a year ago. I'd keep checking there and on eBay Germany.

You might also think about removing the panels and airbags yourself and trying the reupholstery route again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon318 View Post
You can still order those. They're $880 each at Pelican Parts for the front, and $484 each for the rears. Part numbers 51 43 2 489 028 and 51 43 2 489 029, and 51 43 2 489 028 and 51 43 2 489 029, respectively.
Ummm... ouch. I don't even think Jon is baller enough to go that route.

Quote:
I'm hunting down the same headlight glass too; the lenses with the little bumps on the top-most leading edge.
I doubt very much you care about whether or not the glass is original; I'm trying to replace my pitted lenses with period correct replacements. You should still be able to order the replacement glass you're looking for from the dealer or a major online vendor with access to the complete BMW parts catalogue. Let me know if you need part numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
Paul, your rare car fell in the right hands. I know you have the patience to wait out the hunt. If Euro sedans ever came with better seats...in cloth...I'd like those. I'd take that strut bar too.
Thanks Bob!

I've seen several variants of cloth E36 sport package seats with the adjustable thigh support if that's what you're after (assuming you aren't interested in vaders). I'll see if I can find a few pictures for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel///M3 View Post
Does anyone know where to find replacement side view mirror glass at a reasonable price? Looking for OEM with the slight blue tint to them, as mine have become "rusty".
If you're looking for European glass I've seen it come up often on eBay Germany and United Kingdom. If you're after the standard glass we get here there are dozens of online retailers to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
I too would love the motorsport strutbrace with the writing vs. the small emblem.
I think I should get the first offer on any that come up as I've actually got a car old enough for the brace to be period correct on.

Quote:
an alternative would be the ac schnitzer strut brace.
Which one are you looking for specifically?

Quote:
I'm also looking for a european instrument cluser with the water temp and oil temp gauges. (is it oil temp or oil pressure?)
It's oil temperature, and it'll require an oil cooler to hook up the factory sensor. I know Anthony at one time had several spare European clusters for sale. Are you looking for an imperial or metric cluster (imperial is much harder to find)?

Founder Of The New Car Smell Club & The Canadian Edition Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3BabyDady View Post
i once stood in front of my x fiance and said .... wow that right there is the love of my life, and i pointed at an m3
Jump to top Shock(/\)ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 04:24:18 AM   #23
Blutarsky
rule thyself

United States

oil temp is very nice

great thread, Paul.
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 04:27:43 AM   #24
Shock(/\)ave
Freedom Under Democracy

Canada

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Estoril View Post
I'm in the market for BBS RCJ Forged wheels 18x8 18x9.
I've known that for some time now and have been actively looking for a set for you. So far the only sets I've seen come up were for various Volkswagens and they wouldn't work with your car.

Doesn't Benji have a set of RCJs? If you ask really nicely you might get him to sell his...

Quote:
I have both versions of the Motorsport strut brace and might be selling a spare in the near future.
Why doesn't that surprise me? If you ever lose your mind and decide to unload the earlier style (which really doesn't belong on your car) I'm interested as long as the price isn't too insane.

Don't I still owe you a PayPal tip?

Quote:
Hey Paul, perfect timing eh?
Yeah, no kidding. The guy is a rare parts fiend, though: he was able to help me source a one piece daytona violet leather shift knob and boot (the last one known in existence) and matching pair of black Amaretta rear headrests (pulled from a '94 coupe) in Germany. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
Good thread idea being ruined with nonsense... yay.
Tell me about it.

Quote:
I want one of these
I'll see what I can come up with. Do you have any more details for me?

Quote:
Paul, I'm getting a pair of brand new lenses this weekend. Automotive lighting swears up and down that they don't make the headlights, even though I provided proof. Lets hope I get Bosch glass :-)
Why are you buying replacement lenses? If you do get Bosch etched glass with the correct markings I'll buy it off of you at a premium, seriously.

Quote:
i once stood in front of my x fiance and said .... wow that right there is the love of my life, and i pointed at an m3
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 04:48:09 AM   #25
Brandon318

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post

I doubt very much you care about whether or not the glass is original; I'm trying to replace my pitted lenses with period correct replacements. You should still be able to order the replacement glass you're looking for from the dealer or a major online vendor with access to the complete BMW parts catalogue. Let me know if you need part numbers.
True true. Replacement glass would absolutely suffice. I think I'll take you up on the offer, could you get me the numbers? Thanks Paul

Jump to top Brandon318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 04:57:33 AM   #26
99Estoril

Quote:
I've known that for some time now and have been actively looking for a set for you. So far the only sets I've seen come up were for various Volkswagens and they wouldn't work with your car.

Doesn't Benji have a set of RCJs? If you ask really nicely you might get him to sell his...
He does, with zero miles on them. He's not motivated to sell them just like I am not motivated to sell my early version strut brace.

Quote:
Why doesn't that surprise me? If you ever lose your mind and decide to unload the earlier style (which really doesn't belong on your car) I'm interested as long as the price isn't too insane.

Don't I still owe you a PayPal tip?
Sorry, but it does belong on my 9/94 Avus Blue M3 Coupe. Best I can do for you is a mint later style brace with new oe nuts.
Jump to top 99Estoril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 05:03:40 AM   #27
Shock(/\)ave
Freedom Under Democracy

Canada

Arrow

Quote:
True true. Replacement glass would absolutely suffice. I think I'll take you up on the offer, could you get me the numbers? Thanks Paul
You'll find all of the required part numbers here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...73&hg=63&fg=05

Don't forget to order a pair of new gaskets to keep your nice new glass from fogging up due to moisture!

Quote:
He does, with zero miles on them. He's not motivated to sell them just like I am not motivated to sell my early version strut brace.
Make him an offer he can't refuse and leave an oily pair of cams under his bed sheets!

Quote:
Sorry, but it does belong on my 9/94 Avus Blue M3 Coupe. Best I can do for you is a mint later style brace with new oe nuts.
I take it you've got more than one E36 M3.

I've passed on the later style braces before and would have to pass on yours as well. There's no way I'm paying over $500 for a strut brace if it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Quote:

Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; Sun, Jan-06-2008 at 05:08:27 AM.
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 06:18:31 AM   #28
Braymond141

In the garage:

United States

I'm replacing mine because I have a good sized hole in the driver headlight

I'll let you know if I get Bosch lenses, but I get them first :-P
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 06:21:40 AM   #29
SG_M3
#56 JP M3

United States

between evan, benji, paul, myself, and jon we might have enough spare parts to build another really nice e36 M3
Old Sun, Jan-06-2008, 06:40:12 AM   #30
Shock(/\)ave
Freedom Under Democracy

Canada

Red face

Quote:
I'm replacing mine because I have a good sized hole in the driver headlight
Damn! It takes one massive impact to put a hole in glass that thick. At least whatever hit your lense missed your sheet metal.

Quote:
I'll let you know if I get Bosch lenses, but I get them first :-P
I've had several people open boxes for me at dealerships and warehouses in Canada, Germany and the U.S. only to find the lenses weren't original Bosch parts. If you're somehow able to tap into a cache of Bosch glass you would make me very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_M3 View Post
between evan, benji, paul, myself, and jon we might have enough spare parts to build another really nice e36 M3
Don't give us any ideas.

Quote: