BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Mon, Jan-28-2019, 11:11:25 PM   #161
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: More Evidence of Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 hal View Post
And you think this concept is beyond the grasp of a climate researcher because?
The almighty dollar. Follow the money.

Quote:
Al Gore was wrong about something so the whole thing is a hoax?
He was wrong about many things.

Quote:
That's three fallacies in a row!
There is it is again, my favorite buzz word "fallacies".

Quote:
Lol, I admire the optimism but's that's not a convincing article:

However, if we do have a “Maunder Minimum,” it would not be a return to the “Little Ice Age.” Solar radiation expert Judith Lean, PhD, of the Naval Research Laboratory points to global surface temperature about 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit, warmer now than at the time of the Maunder Minimum and says a return to a Maunder Minimum phenomenon would lead to a cooling by only one-tenth of a degree C or .18 degree F.
You might want to read why the surface temp is up. Not what you think and while it does change local climates by a small amount, it isn't what we are talking about here.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0127134210.htm

Quote:
Also, it's not the change that is alarming, it's the rate of change.
Take the below chart and superimpose the last few hundred years. Looks scary and like a dramatic change. Look at the big picture (pun intended) and see that it is not out of the ordinary.
Explain this to me. If the chart below is accurate, what caused the dramatic changes before? Clearly it wasn't' humans driving SUV's?

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Sportline CS8's, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jan-28-2019, 11:11:37 PM   #162
FastYugo

United States

climate change is a hoax! i open my fridge, bam...cold!
Jump to top FastYugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-28-2019, 11:56:47 PM   #163
chasem3

Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post
Nothing is constant. The very definition of climate is that it is the weather condition in areas over a long time. Meaning it takes time to average out. I think the sticking point is that the alarmist take a very short (relatively speaking) time period, and then use it as "evidence". We should never forget that climate has always changed and always will.

Back to the sea levels. Remember what Al Gore predicted in his movie? Florida was supposed to be under water a long time ago. It could very well be that we just went through 2-3 warm decades, because of high solar activity and now we'll go back to normal, meaning sea levels will recede again.

Maybe some of you aren't old enough to remember, but in the 70's they thought the next ice age was just around the corner. Turns out they were completely wrong.

BTW, there are many scientist that think we are on the brink of another ice age now. Solar activity has been very low and if it stays that way, we could be in trouble, or we can blame it on climate change
https://www.almanac.com/blog/astrono...g-mini-ice-age
Well I wont really pretend that I have all the answers and while I believe that global warming is happening right now as scientists have said, I would be lying if I said I wasnt a little skeptical the more I read about why that could be. Still, even NASA says melting in the Arctic far outweighs freezing in the south. There are just so many variables to consider that I am not sure scientists have all the answers either. Still concerned though and feel more needs to be done to consider our impact on this planet. In the meantime, I have 2 V8s barely pulling 10mpgs.
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 12:00:42 AM   #164
m3 hal

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post
The almighty dollar. Follow the money.

He was wrong about many things.

There is it is again, my favorite buzz word "fallacies".

You might want to read why the surface temp is up. Not what you think and while it does change local climates by a small amount, it isn't what we are talking about here.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0127134210.htm

Take the below chart and superimpose the last few hundred years. Looks scary and like a dramatic change. Look at the big picture (pun intended) and see that it is not out of the ordinary.
Explain this to me. If the chart below is accurate, what caused the dramatic changes before? Clearly it wasn't' humans driving SUV's?

[IMG]http://jonova.s3.amazonaws.com/graphs/lappi/gisp-last-10000-new.png[IMG]
Dang, there's no way I can rebut that response. You win!
Jump to top m3 hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 12:11:35 AM   #165
chasem3

Egypt

another thing - that guy in the cool velvet coat seems to be cherry picking his evidence. What do you think about this article which kinda rebuts everything that guy said:

https://bigthink.com/politics-curren...1#rebelltitem1

"In December, NASA scientists described how increased snowfall helped to offset ice loss in East Antarctica, though the losses are still outpacing the gains. That's not to suggest that climate change isn't occurring, but rather the opposite: Warmer temperatures have enabled the atmosphere to retain more water, which has led to increased precipitation in Antarctica."

Global Warming = more water and snow which explains why ice increased. This doesnt mean there is no global warming.
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 12:21:07 AM   #166
delvin
Water Champion

United States

If it’s as big of a deal as they would have us believe why would governments of the world be working on anything else? Who cares about healthcare and minimum wages when we are going to melt off the earth?!?

Any NASA study should be looked at with suspicion just like any other study funded by a government or interest group.
Jump to top delvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 12:30:05 AM   #167
Rakshas

In the garage:

India

Nothing like an ex-youtube rapper *** former bernie support suddenly turned born again trumpet to capture the attention of conspiracy theory sheep.
Jump to top Rakshas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 03:43:40 AM   #168
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

I just checked Forbes top 500 and didn't see "Climate Change Scientist" on the list. Did I just overlook it?

Sent from my crotchphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
STFU Klong!!!!! Go Fuk Yourself!
Jump to top propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 04:39:14 PM   #169
m3 hal

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvin View Post
If it’s as big of a deal as they would have us believe why would governments of the world be working on anything else?
It only takes so much manpower and the policy changes are disruptive.
Jump to top m3 hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-29-2019, 04:57:01 PM   #170
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

We're not sure what is going to happen with climate change. There are some who believe we could kickstart the next ice age, or we'll just raise temperatures, increase coastal flooding, and completely alter the weather patterns everywhere. Yes, this is a natural phenomenon that has happened thousands of times and we can't stop it. BUT we are definitely speeding the process up, likely much faster than we can react and adapt to the changes.

If we're following the money, isn't it all coming back to the big energy groups primarily big oil?

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote