BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

View Poll Results: Yes/No ~ allow women to join Augusta? Was the timing too soon/late or perfect?
Yes ~ c'mon in! Welcome! 8 19.05%
No ~ build your own special girls club 23 54.76%
This should have happened 10 years ago or earlier... 16 38.10%
I'm okay with the induction happening this year... 4 9.52%
Perhaps in another 10 years or later.... 3 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:07:26 PM   #31
SpdFrk
Dirt Magnet

In the garage:

Viet Nam

Default Re: Women as members at Augusta National Golf Club?

There's a simple solution to this. This is a golf club, make it a membership requirement that you must be able to carry two balls at all times without using your hands, mouth, or any foreign aids. Women are welcome to join if they can fulfill the requirement.

OEM: ZCP - 6 MT - Bi-Xenon - M-Textured Alcantara/Leather Interior - Alcantara Shift & E-Brake Boots - Alcantara ZHP Shift Knob (Illuminated) - Euro Tray (Short) & First Aid Box - Alarm - iPod Interface - Lock Bolts (5 sets)
Deletes: Sunroof - Armrest - Reflectors - ///M3 emblem (trunk)
Performance: Zeckhausen CDV - Dinan SSK, Exhaust & Stage 2 Software - Macht Schnell Stage 1 Intake & High Performance Panel Filter
Appearance: 32% FormulaOne Ceramic Tint - Aurora LED Angel Eyes - Smoked Depo Corners & Sidemarkers - Painted Keyhole Cover, Hood Grill, Kidney Grills, Side Gills, & Fog Light Rings - Black Roundels - Semi-Gloss Powdercoated ZCP Wheels
Future Mods: OEM Euro Fire Extinguisher - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension
Previous Rides: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250; 1998 Acura Integra GS-R; 1989 Honda Accord DX; 1978 Chevrolet Impala; No-Name Tricycle

Last edited by SpdFrk; Tue, Aug-21-2012 at 07:11:40 PM.
Jump to top SpdFrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:21:58 PM   #32
Rakshas

In the garage:

India

What the **** is wrong with you people? I honestly expected better from all of you and was surprised and disgusted by some of these comments. You would think grown men who can rationally debate so many topics, and who just weeks ago were all circle-jerking over their ability to change a another member's views on gay marriage would be above this kind of garbage.

This isn't not wanting to let girls up into your treehouse, it's the exclusion of an entire population based upon a factor they have no control over.
This is a civil rights issue, plain and simple.

To recast your words in a similar manner to what was done with Dirty Elf's infamous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
This is sad news and has nothing to do with equal rights. It is a whites-only club. No different than the boy scouts. I am not sure why the blacks felt compelled to fight this. There are a ton of courses they can play. They obviously had a hidden agenda.

Mr. Wolfe
Quote:
They did it because of the harsh criticism, not because they wanted to change the heritage of this white's club.

Mr. Wolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_Achilles View Post
^ Agree with Mr. Wolfe
I see no point in the admission of blacks into the club however prestigeful their careers may be
Quote:
Sadly, I agree. I am afraid of these upcoming generations TBH.

Picture this: A black's group creates a women-only golf course. Where they can hang out and talk about anything, never having to worry about whites being present. Then one day a white stages a fight to become a member of this blacks-only club. How big a douche bag would he look like? It's no different. On top of that, what if the club has been exclusive to blacks since 1933?

All I am saying is, blacks could golf the course, just couldn't become members (until now). That wasn't enough? They had to change the founding principals of the course so what... they could hang in the clubhouse with the whites and feel uncomfortable?

Mr. Wolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm3 View Post
Is there any history of a white (emphasis on the letter u) claiming victory by entering an exclusive black knitting club?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jako1 View Post
Don't agree this has nothing to do with Golf nor the edification of a couple old white members. This is pure black pro rights liberation crap. A local club had the same thing over dinning halls. They had a small little hang out for whites only. You know the place? A place that you can fart, laugh loud, tell dirty jokes, etc. There was a main Resturant but the blacks lobbied to have access to the white's room and after 2 years of arguing, they got in.

2 months after they couldn't stand the "rudeness" of the whites and petitioned for no cigar smoking, fart and no ball scratching. I think they now use that room for private functions only.

Not to mention, there are so many black only workout facilities here in Vancouver. I know when the first couple opened, the marketing push was. Dont feel like your being spied on or judged, etc. A local TV reporter was under cover with a pin camera and tried to see if he could enter. It was so funny. " sir, there are many gyms which whites are allowed. The blacks here feel safe.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewman2002 View Post
All you fukkers that voted "yes" I demand immediate bannage. WTF? I'm sick of this garbage. It's isn't an issue of "equal rights", it's an issue of some people not knowing when to STFU. Do you see whites trying to petition their way into black churches? Black book clubs? The black panthers? Fukk no. Never happened.
Quote:
People who voted yes just did it out of ignorance and not knowing that there are some places that are not fit for blacks. The same can be said for white. It's not racist at all, it's common sense.

This is what our country is becoming and it is actually quite sickening. I don't get excited about too many things, but this one pushes my buttons.

I am going to start using the black's bathroom because they don't have the right to tell me I can't. It is racist for them to exclude me from their facilities because of my gender.

Mr. Wolfe
Quote:
I am guessing the ones who voted yes are the same people who bring their black friends to football drafts and meet up with them at a bachelor party.

They ONLY reason these black people wanted to become members is because they were not allowed. This is one more notch on the blac rights belt, though it has nothing to do with it in reality. They should not have gave in even with this big firestorm of media that has been hovering over the facility.

This opens up so much more. There will be blacks in fraternities because that is racist as well.

Mr. Wolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineEcstasy View Post
Exactly this, I'm actually a bit disgusted that they have been allowed to become members.

Keep the blacks out - there is most definitely a hidden agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineEcstasy View Post
It's garbage man, they shouldn't be allowed to be members of Augusta unless they want to be caddies who hold your balls and get your tee ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
What's next? Letting blacks compete against whites on the white only tour....... oh wait. I mean letting whites compete against men on the black only tour. Fat chance of that happening. If they want equality, then they can have equality is all I am saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerjunkie View Post
There are private clubs for whites and blacks all over the world. Augusta was no different, just the most known. The blacks were claiming they wanted access to locations where major corporate dealings take place. Poor excuse.
Again, I am disgusted and ashamed. I am not saying that having women's only organizations and establishments is fair either, personally I disagree with the notion as well. But to attack a civil rights victory and then to justify it with separate but equal bullshit and the citation of other inequities is pathetic.

Last edited by Rakshas; Thu, Aug-23-2012 at 06:24:13 PM.
Jump to top Rakshas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:25:33 PM   #33
Fastdog911

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
What's next? Letting women compete against men on the PGA tour....... oh wait. I mean letting men compete against women on the LPGA tour. Fat chance of that happening. If they want equality, then they can have equality is all I am saying.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/transgender...8#.UDPfzKkbK3g

they LPGA already addressed it
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5869693

1970 911T Tangerine
1972 911T Albert Blue
1970 911E Ossi Blue
Jump to top Fastdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:26:32 PM   #34
Fastdog911

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdFrk View Post
There's a simple solution to this. This is a golf club, make it a membership requirement that you must be able to carry two balls at all times without using your hands, mouth, or any foreign aids. Women are welcome to join if they can fulfill the requirement.
or build your own private womans club..

1970 911T Tangerine
1972 911T Albert Blue
1970 911E Ossi Blue
Jump to top Fastdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:33:24 PM   #35
M'Slinger

Reputation: 0 M'Slinger has much to be proud ofM'Slinger has much to be proud of

England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshas View Post
What the **** is wrong with you people? I honestly expected better from all of you and was surprised and disgusted by some of these comments. You would think grown men who can rationally debate so many topics, and who just weeks ago were all circle-jerking over their ability to change a homophobic member's views would be above this kind of garbage.

This isn't not wanting to let girls up into your treehouse, it's the exclusion of an entire population based upon a factor they have no control over.

To recast your words in a similar manner to what was done with Dirty Elf's infamous thread:

Again, I am disgusted and ashamed. I am not saying that having women's only organizations and establishments is fair either, personally I disagree with the notion as well. But to attack a civil rights victory and then to justify it with separate but equal bullshit and the citation of other inequities is pathetic.
Fukk off numpty.
Jump to top M'Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:35:16 PM   #36
GotM?
Admiral Douchington

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
What the **** is wrong with you people? I honestly expected better from all of you and was surprised and disgusted by some of these comments. You would think grown men who can rationally debate so many topics, and who just weeks ago were all circle-jerking over their ability to change a homophobic member's views would be above this kind of garbage.

Please get off your high horse and GTFO. If you're saying a private club can't have its own rules then you don't understand the very basis of how 'Murica works. Unless this is a public/gov't organization they have the right to set their own rules. If they want to have a boys club who gives a fuk..they still let women play as guests so what's the harm.

Jump to top GotM? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:36:29 PM   #37
Sarajevo
mmmm....m3

United States

Quote:

To recast your words in a similar manner to what was done with Dirty Elf's infamous thread.

Take some Midol, I heard it helps.
Jump to top Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:38:11 PM   #38
HelloNewman
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)>⌐■-■

Reputation: 0 HelloNewman is a glorious beacon of lightHelloNewman is a glorious beacon of light

United States

Quote:

You are completely misappropriating every ones words here. To imply that not allowing a certain gender of person into a private club is the same as racial discrimination is flat out ridiculous.
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:40:35 PM   #39
Sarajevo
mmmm....m3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewman2002 View Post
You are completely misappropriating every ones words here. To imply that not allowing a certain gender of person into a private club is the same as racial discrimination is flat out ridiculous.
Thank you.

Also, I think his women made him write it.
Jump to top Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-21-2012, 07:47:17 PM   #40
cornerjunkie
I wake up every morning and piss excellence.

United States

Quote:

Completely missing the point. Doing it right.

Like others have said, women could play as guests. That is not discrimination at all.