BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 01:56:03 AM   #21
OahuMPower
:FACEPALM:

United States

haha... that late pass into T8 was awesome.. in retrospect it was probably best though. You had tucked in front of the mini, and the mini was right next to me, if you went first and I had to "tuck in line" there was no where to go. It turned out best I think by giving the late point
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 02:16:41 AM   #22
saem3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by OahuMPower View Post
haha... that late pass into T8 was awesome.. in retrospect it was probably best though. You had tucked in front of the mini, and the mini was right next to me, if you went first and I had to "tuck in line" there was no where to go. It turned out best I think by giving the late point
I didn't have any issue with the pass, in fact I thought it was cleanly done by all....and it's one of my fave tactics RACING at Putnam but, it was NOT the opinion of the powers that be ... I was trying to get my guy to grow a set of stones and make the faster cars work a bit harder for a pass, so I was a bit pissy with him later... I would have blocked your ass.... he he...

Steve E.
Jump to top saem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 02:50:58 AM   #23
saem3

United States

But now that I think about the situation, with all kidding aside, while it was a bit of a cluster f..k, it was an instance in which two wrongs don't make a right. We are operating under DE rules, that means no passing in the corners, period. Just because my guy gave you a late point by (BAD move on his part) does not mean you can take the pass ( BAD move on your part). You got the black flag, hey, we should have been flagged too, but that didn't happen. I made it clear to my guy that that move didn't work, but I do think he should have had a trip to the marshall too, to make it clear.

In the end it all worked out without any drama, it was a good clean pass, but the rules of the game were indeed violated.. So much of one's craft as a driver is to know the rules of the game so as to exploit them to the max, and yet, not to overstep them,, all at the same time.

Steve E. (has never done anything wrong.... yeah right)

Fun pics by the way, get yer vids up!

Last edited by saem3; Mon, Aug-31-2009 at 02:55:04 AM.
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 03:03:11 AM   #24
fitchesbass
I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it

United States

I was kinda nearby... at indy for MotoGP! Nice pictures!

Prior BMWs:
E36 M3
E86 Z4MC
E92 M3
Jump to top fitchesbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 03:09:38 AM   #25
OahuMPower

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by saem3 View Post
But now that I think about the situation, with all kidding aside, while it was a bit of a cluster f..k, it was an instance in which two wrongs don't make a right. We are operating under DE rules, that means no passing in the corners, period. Just because my guy gave you a late point by (BAD move on his part) does not mean you can take the pass ( BAD move on your part). You got the black flag, hey, we should have been flagged too, but that didn't happen. I made it clear to my guy that that move didn't work, but I do think he should have had a trip to the marshall too, to make it clear.

In the end it all worked out without any drama, it was a good clean pass, but the rules of the game were indeed violated.. So much of one's craft as a driver is to know the rules of the game so as to exploit them to the max, and yet, not to overstep them,, all at the same time.

Steve E. (has never done anything wrong.... yeah right)

Fun pics by the way, get yer vids up!
very true... when your student gave me the pass, I questioned it as it was very late, and Ken said to take it inside and stay tight.. with your students E30, and the mini "training it" on the right hand side of the track, it would of been MORE dangerous to fall behind you, in front of the mini....

you knew what was going on, I knew what was going on, we all stayed safe, and in that instance, in retrospective, probably was the best option due to the double pass in that short straight...

to keep it truly safe, I should of stayed behind the mini, and waited until the main straight, and not taken the double pass between 7 and 8
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 03:42:48 AM   #26
saem3

United States

I don't think that there was a safety issue at all, as I said, it was clean. There was a rules issue and while strict adherance to a set of rules may or may not be the best for a given situation, rules is rules... Your last comment was the correct one in this case. I was just giving you a bit of the bussiness, and in doing so hoped that it might make you think.. (I woulda gone for the double too... and taken the flag... but that's another story)

I do think that you should try and do a Club Race school, even if you don't plan on racing in the near future... hint Autobahn... spring... 2010...

Steve E.

Last edited by saem3; Mon, Aug-31-2009 at 04:10:50 AM.
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 04:29:52 AM   #27
OahuMPower

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by saem3 View Post
I do think that you should try and do a Club Race school, even if you don't plan on racing in the near future... hint Autobahn... spring... 2010...

Steve E.
very interesting thought
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 06:05:17 PM   #28
WRXEATR
The Frugal and Outspoken One

United States

Good god....
Jump to top WRXEATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-31-2009, 07:33:40 PM   #29
jpjpjp

United States

Cool pics man. I have yet to make it out to Putnam Park. I hope it's in my future.
Jump to top jpjpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-01-2009, 01:00:26 AM   #30
OahuMPower

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjpjp View Post
Cool pics man. I have yet to make it out to Putnam Park. I hope it's in my future.
amazing track, great place to "push it"... tons of run-off in most of the corners, and can be VERY rewarding when you get it "right"