BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 03:51:08 AM   #1
11b4

United States

Default Anyone have kw v2 Coils, thoughts?

Looking at buying kw v2 coils and was wondering if anyone can give some feedback on how they feel with our platform. I searched but nothing came up. I was going to get bilstein pss10 but ecs tuning raised the price on them so that's not happening. I'm currently running BC racing Br coils, but they need to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jump to top 11b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 04:20:48 AM   #2
ColinGreene
Archer

United States

Default Re: Anyone have kw v2 Coils, thoughts?

The PSS are better, However if you are just daily driving the KW are fine.
I sell both on my website. the daily driver guys really like the KW stuff. Plus the warranty is good.
Jump to top ColinGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 04:33:44 AM   #3
rovert604

Canada

Default Anyone have kw v2 Coils, thoughts?

The only thing I can comment on PSSx compared to my KWV2 is that I feel PSS valving might be towards more comfort. I did like the ride in my friends PSS but havenít driven it or pushed it hard so donít quote me on that. Iíve pushed my KWV2s hard and continue to do it. Iíve ridden with KWV2 in a 330i for 5 years and about 3 years in the M3 while still taking in snowy cold winters.

Valving is on the firm side but it only feels a a hair firmer than OEM. What it does do well is soak up compression at high speed in a corner without feeling ďboatyĒ with OEM. Small sharp drop offs feel more harsh than OEM but rolling washboards feel more controlled with KW.

When I adjust the shocks, they adjust the rebound but I believe compression is the same or similar. So the harshness of initial compression feel similar but not enough to make mom think anything different. What it does change is the recovery of the shock when it hits a bump or dip which can let you tune in/out oversteer. I believe sway bars would still make a bigger difference to control that.

The progressive springs may take some getting used so as they get firmer the harder they are squeezed. So when I enter a corner spiritedly I am mindful of setting the car into the corner and out of it so i donít get any snap surprises. Chicanes will teach you the speed at which the suspension can transfer weight to the other side.

All in all, Iím happy with their performance. I can bring my car to full lateral traction of whatever tire side and feel what the chassis wants to do without much surprise. Itís quick enough to recover as far as daily driveability and spirited runs.
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 10:32:40 PM   #4
Fhcrubarb

United States

I had them before I switched to a more track focused setup and I really enjoyed them. I had another E46 M3 at the time on stock suspension and although the V2 were lower they rode considerably better. Nice and comfortable for daily driving on the softest setting and somewhat teeth rattling on the harshest setting.
Jump to top Fhcrubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 05:17:24 PM   #5
ctdriver86

United States

I run kw v2. The car was my daily for a bit. I'm very happy with them. I have run them on full soft and they are very compliant for daily driving, much better than stock. I've dialed them only about 4-6 clicks from full soft and the car responds very well with the setup with ad08r tires at buttonwillow raceway. And is still driveable on the street. I also do notice that the car's behavior changes with your tire setup (staggered vs sqaured) with the kw's. nothing a little tuning to get better response.

My goal was to keep the car streetable and be capable at the track. It has done both. I didn't want to keep adjusting the valve setup as I wanted to improve my driving as much as possible first before I start moving up to 2-3 way coilovers.

It's a great coilover setup for someone who wants to do some minor adjustments and wants to keep their suspension relatively simple. It all depends on what your goal is (track/street/ both?). The kw v2 is a great street coilover setup from my experience.

What's your goal for the car?

Hope this helps.
Jump to top ctdriver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 05:50:01 PM   #6
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

I'm actually looking at the same coilovers. I've been on the fence about these, the Pro-Street Eibach Coilovers, and the Fortune Auto 500s. Are V2s worth it due to the warranty?

Have you looked into the Pro-Street Eibach Coilvers, OP? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-eibach-p.../2072.711~eib/

Anyone have experience with these?
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 08:34:44 PM   #7
Mars

In the garage:

I've been running the KW V2's for four years now. I daily drive my car and have no complaints.
Jump to top Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 08:53:36 PM   #8
Paulo M

United States

I ran them, bc coilovers-kwV2-low mileage stock, all within 1 month. KW was very comfortable, at much lower height compared to stock. It was more comfortable than the China bc’s but felt more direct. Can’t go wrong with these for street use. My next coilovers will most likely be kwV1.
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 10:46:49 PM   #9
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
I ran them, bc coilovers-kwV2-low mileage stock, all within 1 month. KW was very comfortable, at much lower height compared to stock. It was more comfortable than the China bcís but felt more direct. Canít go wrong with these for street use. My next coilovers will most likely be kwV1.
Are you looking at the KW v1s because you dont see the benefit of the kw v2s dampening adjustment capabilities?
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 10:49:04 PM   #10
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkenny15 View Post
Are you looking at the KW v1s because you dont see the benefit of the kw v2s dampening adjustment capabilities?
Yep, I’d rather have kw spec it for me than my noob ass try again.

When I adjusted the v2’s, I couldn’t tell if things were getting better or not. I set at the middle and was happy.