BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:12:12 AM   #81
e46Dawg

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: This Is Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger453 View Post
Actually this

You started this.
Jump to top e46Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:17:15 AM   #82
hogger453

In the garage:

Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by keca10 View Post
Good job railroad industry for implementing standard times.

What I wanna know is which assholes brought to us the daylight savings time?

Two possibilities exist:

Either we are alone in the universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying.

Arthur C. Clarke
Jump to top hogger453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 10:46:24 PM   #83
hogger453

In the garage:

Bulgaria

https://abc7.com/automotive/safety-g...icles/4470375/

Quote:
DETROIT -- A nonprofit auto safety group is demanding that Hyundai and Kia recall 2.9 million cars and SUVs in the U.S. due to consumer complaints that they can catch fire.

The Center For Auto Safety said Friday that there have been more than 220 complaints to the U.S. government since 2010 about fires and another 200 complaints about melted wires as well as smoke and burning odors.

The complaints involve the 2011 through 2014 Kia Sorento and Optima and the Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe. Also included is the 2010 through 2015 Kia Soul.

The fires are being investigated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as part of a 2017 probe into Hyundai and Kia engine failures.

"The volume of fires here make it appear that Hyundai and Kia are content to sit back and allow consumers and insurers to bear the brunt of poorly designed, manufactured and repaired vehicles," Jason Levine, the center's executive director, said. The fire reports have come in from across the country, including a death in Ohio in April of 2017, he said.

Hyundai says it monitors safety concerns and acts quickly to recall defective vehicles.

"We have a robust system in place for monitoring and investigating reported vehicle fires that includes investigation and reporting to NHTSA as required. Vehicle fires can result from a variety of reasons," the company statement said.

Kia said it is using company and third-party fire investigators to determine what caused the fires so it can address them.

"A vehicle fire may be the result of any number of complex factors, such as a manufacturing issue, inadequate maintenance, the installation of aftermarket parts, an improper repair, arson, or some other non-vehicle source, and must be carefully evaluated by a qualified and trained investigator or technician," the company said in a statement.

The Center for Auto Safety filed a petition asking NHTSA to investigate the fires in June. The agency said Friday that it is still evaluating the petition and it has sent information requests to Hyundai, Kia and other automakers about the issue.

Levine says the center does not know what's causing the fires.

In May of 2017 the government began investigating whether the automakers moved quickly enough to recall over 1.6 million vehicles because of engines stalling.

NHTSA is looking into three recalls by the related Korean brands, and it's also investigating whether the automakers followed safety reporting requirements.

Hyundai recalled about 470,000 vehicles in September of 2015 because manufacturing debris could have restricted oil flow to connecting rod bearings. That can cause bearings in four-cylinder engines to wear and fail. The repair is an expensive engine block replacement.

In March of last year, the automakers issued two more recalls covering 1.2 million additional vehicles with the same engine problem.

If NHTSA finds that the companies moved too slowly to recall vehicles, then it can issue fines or order additional recalls.

Levine said the center has found a dozen complaints of fires in vehicles that had the recall repairs, indicating that the fires may not related to the engine debris problem.

NHTSA, in documents posted last year, said Hyundai limited vehicles in the 2015 recall to a group manufactured prior to April 12, 2012. The company said it solved the manufacturing problem after that date.

Kia said at the time of the 2015 recall that its 2.4-liter and 2-liter "Theta II" engines that were the same design as Hyundai's were not recalled then because they didn't have the same issue.

Then both companies issued more recalls 18 months later for the same problem, including models the automakers originally said weren't affected, investigators wrote in documents posted on the agency's website.

The recalls from last year cover some of the Korean automakers' most popular models in the U.S. and Canada, including 2013 and 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUVs and Sonata midsize cars. Also covered are Kia Optima midsize cars from 2011 through 2014, Kia Sportage SUVs from 2011 through 2013 and Kia Sorento SUVs from 2012 through 2014.

Kia is a smaller affiliate of Hyundai. Together they are the world's fifth-largest automaker.
Fckin garbage.

Two possibilities exist:

Arthur C. Clarke
Old Sun, Oct-28-2018, 02:19:36 PM   #84
hogger453

In the garage:

Bulgaria

Two possibilities exist:

Arthur C. Clarke
Old Sun, Oct-28-2018, 03:57:44 PM   #85
Ginsu Tim
Dark, Fussy, Hard To Use, and Potentially Dangerous

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Thatís all cool stuff, and Iíd have to wager is mostly true. What they arent addressing is the impact China is creating to make these changes and ďleapsĒ forward, which Iím certain include permanently displacing millions of residents, destroying local ecosystem and habitat, and erasing millennia of history. I guess itís one of the upsides of totalitarian leadership.

All of that being said, at least they are making progress.

a 10 hand donkey, brown.
1988 Alpine White 325ix (OO==[][]==OO) - Gone but not forgotten
Jump to top Ginsu Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Oct-28-2018, 05:30:26 PM   #86
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu Tim View Post
Thatís all cool stuff, and Iíd have to wager is mostly true. What they arent addressing is the impact China is creating to make these changes and ďleapsĒ forward, which Iím certain include permanently displacing millions of residents, destroying local ecosystem and habitat, and erasing millennia of history. I guess itís one of the upsides of totalitarian leadership.

All of that being said, at least they are making progress.

From that what I see is that China is finally starting to catch up with the rest of the developed world.

Desert to farmland: See: California's central valley. What the Chinese will learn is that sustained and long-term heavy irrigation and river diversion isn't all it's cracked up to be.

5G. I was at a birthday party last night with one of the senior engineers for Keysight Technologies (they're headquartered here in Santa Rosa) and he was talking about 5G being just around the corner here (within 2 years).

We've sent numerous unmanned probes to Mars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
STFU Klong!!!!! Go Fuk Yourself!
Jump to top propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Nov-04-2018, 03:51:47 PM   #87
hogger453

In the garage:

Bulgaria

Synthetic or natural wax?

I tried a sample size of some synthetic wax I got at a car show. It's pretty good.
Curious what you guys think or use?

Two possibilities exist:

Arthur C. Clarke
Old Tue, Nov-06-2018, 05:01:23 PM   #88
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post

From that what I see is that China is finally starting to catch up with the rest of the developed world.

Desert to farmland: See: California's central valley. What the Chinese will learn is that sustained and long-term heavy irrigation and river diversion isn't all it's cracked up to be.

5G. I was at a birthday party last night with one of the senior engineers for Keysight Technologies (they're headquartered here in Santa Rosa) and he was talking about 5G being just around the corner here (within 2 years).

We've sent numerous unmanned probes to Mars.
We're preparing right now for the massive amount of antennas/comm equipment that we'll have to install for 5G. And this is being forced on us (power company) by the feds to install all the antennas in our clearance space on our poles with as little cost to the telecom's as possible.
It's going to be a nightmare for us for the next couple years.

Quote:
Synthetic or natural wax?

I tried a sample size of some synthetic wax I got at a car show. It's pretty good.
Curious what you guys think or use?
non-GMO free range organic shade grown FSC certified fair trade wax only.

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-07-2018, 03:18:09 PM   #89
Ginsu Tim
Dark, Fussy, Hard To Use, and Potentially Dangerous

In the garage:

United States

Looks good

a 10 hand donkey, brown.
1988 Alpine White 325ix (OO==[][]==OO) - Gone but not forgotten
Jump to top Ginsu Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-07-2018, 05:52:26 PM   #90
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu Tim View Post
Looks good
what's this have to do with technology? and I've heard from your employees that this is just the normal morning routine.

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is online now   Reply With Quote