BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Place to discuss sights and sounds.

Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 11:47:50 PM   #31
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Default Re: Comprehensive Intravee Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-3M View Post
There is a mod that Baris and a few others do that bypasses the internal amps in the BM53. That signal is not strong enough for some amps and allows noise/hiss into the system. Ths signal coming out of the BM53 wires that are going to the HK amp are amplified and need to be adjusted down. If I can find the voltage I will repost. I am using the LC2i in my set up. I also have factory nav and aftermarket amps and components& sub.

So your head unit is completely stock?

I called Audio Control just to ask their opinion and the gentleman said the LCXX series is for after amp installs and would not recommend it for PRE HK amp installs. For that he said use the Matrix Plus or Overdrive Plus.

If you can check the pre-amp voltage that would be great.

Richard is all out of breakout boxes so it doesnt seem like Ill be able to use the PXA after all. I wish I asked about the breakout box before I purchased the PXA unit! lol

Quote:
Interesting concept, would bypass the need for any sort of loc or line driver.

"Take the line-outputs from the BM53 or CD53. These are amplified as well, but you could never use them as speaker-level outputs, though they are 'full-range'"

If they arent speaker level, they must be closer to line level? I wonder if he knows the actual voltage....I assume would fluctuate with the volume knob?
Jump to top deepinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-04-2014, 12:31:35 AM   #32
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

I originally had an overdrive using the pre amp outs. It didn't work properly, I forget why. I think there was still a hiss.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-04-2014, 12:53:23 AM   #33
M3-3M

United States

Yes my BM53 is completely stock.

There are a couple guys on here who made their own break out boxes. If I can find their info I will PM it to you. Maybe they would be willing to make a breakout box for a small fee.

Also, If you decide not to use the PXA you probably won't need a LOC. Most later model JL Audio amps will take a balanced differential input which is what you have pre HK amp(I have read that the voltage is around 10-14 volts coming out of the BM53). Many members have done this with good results. Believe me, that is what I would do. But I do like having the PXA and I have had good results with the Imprint Auto tunes. There is a thread on diymobileaudio.com that tells you the best methods for mic placement to give you a proper tune.

2005 ZCP Nav 47k miles - Frank Smith Custom Tune / SGT Headers / Euro Cats / RE El Diablo / Koni Yellows / Eibachs / AKG RSMs / AKG RTABs / 3M Clear Bra / BMW Perf SSK / Intravee II / Alpine KCA-420i / Alpine PXA-H700 / Rocketfish Bluetooth via Optic / Phoenix Gold SD1300.5 / Boston Acoustics Pro 6.4 / Stealthboxes w/ Image Dynamics ID8s / 13th Gen ULF / Homelink Module / Smoked Corners / Black Grills / Black Gills / 35% Tint
Jump to top M3-3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-04-2014, 01:37:35 AM   #34
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I originally had an overdrive using the pre amp outs. It didn't work properly, I forget why. I think there was still a hiss.

damn, sure wish I had the proper knowledge to check it out and report back. I have a harbor freight voltage meter (unused lol) and would happily check if you point out which lines to tap into.

Quote:
Yes my BM53 is completely stock.

There are a couple guys on here who made their own break out boxes. If I can find their info I will PM it to you. Maybe they would be willing to make a breakout box for a small fee.

Also, If you decide not to use the PXA you probably won't need a LOC. Most later model JL Audio amps will take a balanced differential input which is what you have pre HK amp(I have read that the voltage is around 10-14 volts coming out of the BM53). Many members have done this with good results. Believe me, that is what I would do. But I do like having the PXA and I have had good results with the Imprint Auto tunes. There is a thread on diymobileaudio.com that tells you the best methods for mic placement to give you a proper tune.

Yeah I wouldnt mind paying a small fee for the box. Richard is actively looking for someone to no avail.

The JL HD amp I have has these specs Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs Switchable from 200 mV - 2 V RMS to 800 mV - 8 V RMS

If thats the case, then it cant be 10-14 volts PRE HK amp as many people use JL amps straight with an RCA cable spliced into the wiring.
Old Mon, Apr-21-2014, 08:54:24 PM   #35
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Is it possible to add a rearview camera that displays on the nav screen? From what Ive read you need a tv tuner but not sure if the Intravee supports it.
Old Mon, Apr-21-2014, 09:52:08 PM   #36
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinya View Post
Is it possible to add a rearview camera that displays on the nav screen? From what Ive read you need a tv tuner but not sure if the Intravee supports it.
yes you can, but it's completely unrelated to the intravee. Just get the factory reverse camera kit. It automagically kicks in when you put the car in reverse and out when you stop.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Old Mon, Apr-21-2014, 10:09:34 PM   #37
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Do our cars support it? I thought the euro versions had some sort of tv module that integrates with the camera.
Old Mon, Apr-21-2014, 10:20:23 PM   #38
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

The TV module is part of the kit. Neither euro or US cars came with it as standard.

Old Tue, Apr-22-2014, 08:47:34 AM   #39
ccfj1

In the garage:

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
The TV module is part of the kit. Neither euro or US cars came with it as standard.
The TT was an extra option (when ordered), but if ordered with nav there was a discount, so **most** cars in the UK that have oem nav also have the TV (as standard).

there is a small add on loom for cars that have nav only, and it allows the connection of the TV module.

Adding a Rev camera to a car with TV, is easy, its 3 wires (on the tv module), 2 wires to power the camera and the camera.
Old Wed, Apr-23-2014, 12:52:09 AM   #40
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Unfortunately I dont have the TV. I tried searching for OEM parts but most are used from Ebay and Im not sure how complete it is or if its the correct item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181308331603...84.m1423.l2649

There was also a Navik unit on Ebay which isnt OEM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261244445337...84.m1423.l2649

If you could help me with correct part numbers it may be easier to find.

Is this the loom?
http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/bmw_av_cam.html