BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Place to discuss sights and sounds.

Old Sun, Mar-16-2014, 10:25:27 PM   #21
M3-3M

United States

Default Re: Comprehensive Intravee Thread

Has Richard made any updates over the winter? I don't think I have updated my Intravee since late summer.

2005 ZCP Nav 47k miles - Frank Smith Custom Tune / SGT Headers / Euro Cats / RE El Diablo / Koni Yellows / Eibachs / AKG RSMs / AKG RTABs / 3M Clear Bra / BMW Perf SSK / Intravee II / Alpine KCA-420i / Alpine PXA-H700 / Rocketfish Bluetooth via Optic / Phoenix Gold SD1300.5 / Boston Acoustics Pro 6.4 / Stealthboxes w/ Image Dynamics ID8s / 13th Gen ULF / Homelink Module / Smoked Corners / Black Grills / Black Gills / 35% Tint
Jump to top M3-3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Mar-16-2014, 10:31:46 PM   #22
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Couple of bug fixes, no major features I can think of.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 06:25:18 AM   #23
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Obi- I now have the Intravee, 420i and pxa-h100. Curious as to where you got the intravee breakout box?

Do the front speaker outputs carry full range signals?

Should the LOC have some sort of line driver? I dont know how many volts the stock navigation carries pre-amp but I heard its real low unless you crank the volume.
Jump to top deepinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 10:39:13 AM   #24
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinya View Post
Obi- I now have the Intravee, 420i and pxa-h100. Curious as to where you got the intravee breakout box?

Should the LOC have some sort of line driver? I dont know how many volts the stock navigation carries pre-amp but I heard its real low unless you crank the volume.
I forget where I got it, but I believe RichardP can source them.

I originally used the pre amp signal from the bm53, but it wasn't a good solution. By the time I has enough gain to make it audible, there was noticeable white noise. The passive LOC was a far better solution, IMO.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 12:11:21 PM   #25
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I forget where I got it, but I believe RichardP can source them.

I originally used the pre amp signal from the bm53, but it wasn't a good solution. By the time I has enough gain to make it audible, there was noticeable white noise. The passive LOC was a far better solution, IMO.
Do you have Richards contact info?
Passive LOC? Please elaborate.

I was gonna get the Audio Control Matrix as a pre-amp line driver into the PXA -> JL amp. From what I read, the PXA will drive 4 volts output into the JL amp.

All this crap just to keep the stock Navigation! lol
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 02:37:51 PM   #26
M3-3M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinya View Post

You can PM RichardP. He has previous posts in this thread. I heard he was having problems finding the parts he needed at one time. Not sure if that is still a problem or not.

Yes the front signal out of the BM53 is full range.

You do not need a line driver. Actually you need to lower the voltage. I'm pretty sure Ian had the pre-out mod done to his BM53. That is where people are having a hard time getting enough voltage.

I am using an Audio Control LC2i. Just be careful not to overdrive the PXA-H100 as I did at one point and it caused distortion in highly compressed downloads.

2005 ZCP Nav 47k miles - Frank Smith Custom Tune / SGT Headers / Euro Cats / RE El Diablo / Koni Yellows / Eibachs / AKG RSMs / AKG RTABs / 3M Clear Bra / BMW Perf SSK / Intravee II / Alpine KCA-420i / Alpine PXA-H700 / Rocketfish Bluetooth via Optic / Phoenix Gold SD1300.5 / Boston Acoustics Pro 6.4 / Stealthboxes w/ Image Dynamics ID8s / 13th Gen ULF / Homelink Module / Smoked Corners / Black Grills / Black Gills / 35% Tint
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 02:45:06 PM   #27
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-3M View Post
You can PM RichardP. He has previous posts in this thread. I heard he was having problems finding the parts he needed at one time. Not sure if that is still a problem or not.

You do not need a line driver. Actually you need to lower the voltage. I'm pretty sure Ian had the pre-out mod done to his BM53. That is where people are having a hard time getting enough voltage.

I am using an Audio Control LC2i. Just be careful not to overdrive the PXA-H100 as I did at one point and it caused distortion in highly compressed downloads.
Sorry, this is all correct and a much fuller answer than mine. I probably should have been more awake before replying

Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 09:02:49 PM   #28
deepinya
ZCP IB CINN

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-3M View Post

Just so we are on the same page. I have a 2005 m3 with factory HK and navigation. Im trying to replace the HK amp and speakers with aftermarket amp/component setup.

Someone on e46F said his lc7i didnt work and needed the Matrix cause the pre HK amp signal was too low. I know the lcxx series will take 400 amps of power and lower it but that would mean post HK amp?

"Technic" who has done a ton of installs also said to use the Matrix so yeah Im confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Sorry, this is all correct and a much fuller answer than mine. I probably should have been more awake before replying

All good, any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know the actual voltage PRE HK amp? I suppose that would help clear things up a bit.

thanks for all the help, I dont want to purchase the wrong products.
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 09:58:44 PM   #29
M3-3M

United States

There is a mod that Baris and a few others do that bypasses the internal amps in the BM53. That signal is not strong enough for some amps and allows noise/hiss into the system. Ths signal coming out of the BM53 wires that are going to the HK amp are amplified and need to be adjusted down. If I can find the voltage I will repost. I am using the LC2i in my set up. I also have factory nav and aftermarket amps and components& sub.

Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 10:00:50 PM   #30
M3-3M

United States

I think it might be in this thread

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=425521