BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, Mar-12-2010, 08:57:48 AM   #41
///MIKE M

In the garage:

United States

Lookin good my man. That last pic is just amazing. damn.

BTW, im leaning more toward just grabbing your side gills and getting cracking on them lol. Ill be in touch.
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Mar-12-2010, 03:26:22 PM   #42
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MIKE M View Post
Lookin good my man. That last pic is just amazing. damn.

BTW, im leaning more toward just grabbing your side gills and getting cracking on them lol. Ill be in touch.
Thanks my man. I agree, the last pic is sick.

Ok let me know. Although after seeing your gills painted up, I may want to hold onto mine incase I do go that route lol.

2004 Carbon Black///M3 (gone)
Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal
Old Fri, Mar-12-2010, 05:36:03 PM   #43
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

Updated daytime pics on post #40

Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal
Old Sat, Mar-20-2010, 11:51:16 PM   #44
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

March 18, 2010: Not too big of a mod, but I figured I would post anyway. I started to notice my passanger side windshield wiper was starting to rip so I figured I would replace them. Being that I was very pleased with the Bosch Icon's on my old car, I figured I would get a pair for the M. I ended up getting sizes 422A(driver) 420B passanger). Fit great, give it a low profile look, and work amazing.

I also ended up polishing up the vanos and some parts of the engine the other day. Tough getting my fingers in the tight spots, but it turned out pretty good.

Here are some pics that I liked after my spring detail this afternoon. Going to tackle the interior tomorrow, but it's pretty clean to begin with.

Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal
Old Mon, Mar-22-2010, 04:29:52 AM   #45
redice
hello

In the garage:

Philippines

looking good, nice pics!
Old Mon, Mar-22-2010, 05:03:44 AM   #46
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by redice View Post
looking good, nice pics!
thanks man! always have been a fan of your CB.

Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal

Last edited by m3freak86; Tue, Apr-06-2010 at 10:22:02 PM.
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 10:19:28 PM   #47
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

April 9, 2010: One thing that always annoyed me since I've got the car was that the cabin air filter cover was very faded from the previous owner. The sun shines through the hood vent and over the years, has faded the cover. It looked old, gray, and unpleasing to the eyes. So I took a stab at painting it up, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it. So, I went to Tischer to see how much they were for a new one, lo' and behold it was only 7 bucks, so I said why not. While ordering the cover, I decided to order a new hood grill/vent since it was a bit faded as well. Slight difference, but I think it gave the engine bay and hood a fresh newer look. Here are some pictures.

April 16, 2010: This was one thing I wanted to do right away, but took my time in researching it. Yeah, I've read some of the issues this comes with, but I figured it's pretty cheap, popular, and seems that all the kinks were worked out. WHY NOT!? right? Plus I was tired of making cd's and couldn't stand not listening to my ipod. Ended up ordering the Dice Silverline ipod trunk interface along with the long sliding euro tray from EAS. Shipping was fast and very pleased with the products thus far. Took a little bit of time getting used to what controls do what, but I got the hang of it now. Finding the cables was the hardest part since they were tucked away pretty well.

I also saw that EAS started selling a new Macht Schnell Intake kit a couple weeks ago. Being that I couldn't justify spending 400+ for an intake system for just sound/problems, I knew this would be the best setup to get. Plus, read a lot that a silicon tube and drop in filter was the best route to go when dealing with an intake for these cars. I ended up only ordering the MS intake elbow from EAS because when I cleaned the MAF sensor the other day, I decided to open up the intake and bang out the filter of any loose debris. To my surprise, I found out that the previous owner had installed a K&N drop in filter. I was very happy to see that and decided ordering the Macht Schnell filter wouldn't be much of a difference compared to the K&N. Install was extremely smooth and love the updated look it gives the engine bay. I notice a deeper growl at idle and under heavier acceleration. MPG's have improved slightly, but nothing to write home about. Very pleased with all the products.

About 1k miles away from my 7,500 interval oil change, so I will be ordering the Oil change kit from Tischer and probably tackle that next month. After that is where I will be getting a bit more serious with the mods. Got big plans for the m3 this coming summer! Can't wait!

I also ended up taking the front plate off. Hate NJ for having to run front and rear plates, so I decided to gamble my luck a bit and take it off. Looks SO much cleaner and actually more aggressive coming down the road. I keep the front plate under the passenger side floor mat just in case.

Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal

Last edited by m3freak86; Tue, Apr-27-2010 at 10:47:26 PM.
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 10:52:08 PM   #48
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

April 24, 2010: Went to the Rogue Engineering meet up in Upper Saddle River NJ. Only my 2nd m3 get together, but this was the best one yet! Had an absolute blast and got some great pics from others. Here are a couple I liked.

Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 11:12:27 PM   #49
jpaik316
John Paik

United States

Great job, love what you did with the car. Clean mods.. def. what i plan on doing with my M.
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 11:14:43 PM   #50
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaik316 View Post
Great job, love what you did with the car. Clean mods.. def. what i plan on doing with my M.
Thanks man. I really do appreciate that. That was and is my plan all along. I like modded cars, but I like the simple and clean that highlite the best attributes of the car. Keep checkin back in here soon. Next few updates will be the bigger mods

Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal
Closed Thread