BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Wed, Nov-13-2019, 03:23:45 PM   #21
B329iC

United States

Default Re: New shoes or not?

Personally I think they look great. I have no idea how good they are but at that price they better be. I think those would look good on my Z4 as well.
Jump to top B329iC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Nov-13-2019, 04:58:42 PM   #22
TomS2
BS Buster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
Reread what he wrote. The guy is not going to drive on the original rubber. He’s going to save the original wheels with original tires for future value if/when the car is sold.
Thank you. I thought it was a simple statement that would be easy for anyone to comprehend. I was wrong - again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
That wasn't clear to me but I guess to each their own, I don't see how that would add value but maybe someone would...
Since you don't see it, it must not exist. Save yourself from being embarrassed. Don't go to a car museum or an auction. Definitely don't go to the Shelby museum where they point out one of the cars is exactly as it was when it won a race in the early 60s, down to the tires.

Quote:
Yea if you don't plan on ever driving the car, at all, I guess things like fuel filters, tires, brakes, all rubber parts, none of those "matter."
The first post I made said he was going to drive the car again. Things like illness and death kept him from using it. He had the car flat bedded (he sent me a picture of it being loaded on the truck from where it was stored) to a shop where they checked, cleaned and replaced parts. Since you mentioned cracks - there are none on the tires. The shop owner suggested he drive it home and instead of putting new rubber on the DS1s, get another set of wheels and tires. Then, if/when he decides to sell it, the purchaser will have the originals. He must be a fool for listening to the master tech shop owner with first hand experience instead of an internet troll expert.

Does that add value? Yes. How much? Who knows? The fact is the collector market puts value on these things. That's why Coker tire makes redline tires using the original molds.

OP I apologize. I didn't think my comment would bring out such .

I look forward to a ride in his time capsule that was not ridden hard, or put away wet.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
Jump to top TomS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-13-2019, 10:41:59 PM   #23
spaghettiM3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomS2 View Post
Save yourself from being embarrassed. Don't go to a car museum or an auction. Definitely don't go to the Shelby museum where they point out one of the cars is exactly as it was when it won a race in the early 60s, down to the tires.
We are talking about a 95 M3, that is not a rare spec that miles are being added to once again. We are not talking about a Ford GT40.
Old Wed, Nov-13-2019, 11:02:27 PM   #24
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy OE LTW air for my car?
Can’t help you with that, but if you want some replica LTE air...

'98 M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-13-2019, 11:10:12 PM   #25
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Alright Tom, sorry for misinterpreting your weirdly worded post. It's pointless to mention original 1990s tires as a positive from any standpoint. The cars you are talking about are museum pieces, your friend's car isn't.

It's a bad idea to drive even a couple miles on extremely old tires, doesn't matter what some mechanic tells you. That is in fact, a fact, not an opinion. I'm done here, carry on if you must.

natehasslerphoto.com
@Nate047
Jump to top Nate047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-14-2019, 01:27:25 AM   #26
Mollzyie

United States

I’d say switch it up bro ... I’ve never been a fan of the ones you currently have on . They look nice no doubt , but Just because they are super duper rare doesn’t mean you have to be a slave to them . You’ve had that car for a loooong time , I’ve read some of your threads on it . I’ve also read you’ve been contemplating selling it . Change it up !
Jump to top Mollzyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-14-2019, 02:59:49 PM   #27
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

I think the new ones your considering looks a little too busy for a car like the E36. I kind of prefer the simple design of wheels of that era on that car. I would be curious to see how they turn out though, because I'm also a fan of 3 piece wheels. You can add some nice contrast between face, lip and tires.

Jump to top W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-05-2019, 05:33:08 PM   #28
EY84002

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
It's pointless to mention original 1990s tires as a positive from any standpoint. The cars you are talking about are museum pieces, your friend's car isn't.
...yet. It's a 10k mile 95 in Dakar w/ factory LTW's. It will be....not to the degree of a Le Mans winning GT40, but it will be.

A low mile 1984 Pontiac Grand Prix rolling across the auction block would bring more money if it had the original tires. It's just the way collectors work. Agree or not with the philosophy, it is a reality.

If this were my car, I would pull the wheels with original tires and save them. They add value to that car today and will only add more value as time passes. I would replace with DSI's to complete the look of the press car/ poster car from model launch.
Old Wed, Dec-11-2019, 06:33:15 PM   #29
Bayou

United States

I like the style of those SSRs. I had GT03 on my FX45 and loved the look.

However I got mine cheap new from TireRack...I wouldn't have bought them otherwise as they are not forged wheels (my preference).
Old Wed, Dec-11-2019, 11:52:33 PM   #30
TomS2
BS Buster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EY84002 View Post
...yet. It's a 10k mile 95 in Dakar w/ factory LTW's. It will be....not to the degree of a Le Mans winning GT40, but it will be.

A low mile 1984 Pontiac Grand Prix rolling across the auction block would bring more money if it had the original tires. It's just the way collectors work. Agree or not with the philosophy, it is a reality.

If this were my car, I would pull the wheels with original tires and save them. They add value to that car today and will only add more value as time passes. I would replace with DSI's to complete the look of the press car/ poster car from model launch.
He is. Apex wheels with tires, spacers, long lug bolts, and center caps are on their way.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
Jump to top TomS2 is offline   Reply With Quote