BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, May-02-2018, 04:07:47 AM   #81
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Introducing the VinceSkinz (subframe plates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredomin View Post
How long does it usually take vince to answer you guys?
Trying to get some skinz. And possibly a vincebar. Want to see if a mason brace could work with the vncebar in unison.
I think over next few weeks/months it will take him a bit longer to respond to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All DIY: 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, WPC rod bearings, Beyer driveshaft, full SS (SS stepped V1, catted S1, resonated S2, SS sport), Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, VANOS bullet proofing with anti-rattle, valve adjustment, cooling refresh, Ohlins R&T/Swift 448f 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, AFD E85 Proflex kit.
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-02-2018, 05:01:27 AM   #82
Toasty

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
I have a welder and I'm pretty good at welding and so I doubt the epoxy/rivet method is easier in my case. Welding is easy but drilling a bunch of wholes/rivets and messing with glue sounds like a pita.

Could be wrong, of course.
When I spoke to Vince about this, he was strongly in favor of the epoxy rivet method. While others have mentioned that Vince thinks it's just as strong as welding (something he told me as well), the one factor he mentioned that really stuck with me where his concerns that welds could damage the surrounding metal if not done carefully. Now, if you are a TIG wizard and/or MIG magician or you know one, this will likely not be an issue, but I could definitely see this being a concern for the less experienced DIY'er type (such as myself). For me, welding is a much more daunting prospect than riveting and epoxy. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Again, whether or not this is a problem will differ for everyone, depending on how they plan to weld their plates and who ends up doing the work. But as for myself, I'm planning to have Kaiv do the rivet/epoxy method on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredomin View Post
How long does it usually take vince to answer you guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
I think over next few weeks/months it will take him a bit longer to respond to you.
Yeah, seconded, see above. Vince actually recently posted a thread here about this very issue as well. To make a long story short, the man has a lot going on and he's also a solo operation, so communications are not ideal at the moment. IMO, your best bet at the moment to get in touch quickly would likely be a combination of his facebook page + patience, unfortunately.
Jump to top Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-02-2018, 06:03:47 AM   #83
rovert604

Canada

Not sure if this helps demonstrate our epoxy application...

Last edited by rovert604; Wed, May-02-2018 at 06:18:55 AM.
Jump to top rovert604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-02-2018, 08:21:07 AM   #84
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Contact him on FB. He should reply on FB.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote