BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Tue, Oct-04-2016, 07:02:30 PM   #11
PerkM3
Registered User
 
PerkM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,106
Reputation: 0 PerkM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Kansas

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

Nothing but great things to say about Mike.
__________________
Jump to top PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Oct-04-2016, 07:24:02 PM   #12
RagdollOp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 RagdollOp is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

Yeah, I just wanted to say thanks as well. I was just in Denver on vacation for my Fiancťe's birthday. My fuel pump started going out and luckily I was able to make it to the hotel. I happened to remember that he lived in Denver from when I rented his timing tools, so I PM'ed him for help. He responded quick and let me borrow his tools so I could replace my fuel pump and even had a spare fuel relay just in case I needed it!
Jump to top RagdollOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-05-2016, 06:17:55 PM   #13
x Spades x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,442
Reputation: 0 x Spades x is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

It's always great to hear things like this about other forum members... ESPECIALLY members that have been here for a while. Mister Em (or Mike), my hat is off to you!
Jump to top x Spades x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-06-2016, 04:14:40 AM   #14
Jazzkat
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 336
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Jazzkat is on a distinguished road
Location: SoCal

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

There was a guy in Denver recently looking for someone with skills to do an SMG to manual conversion. He was referred to Kaiv. Maybe he should contact MisterEm.

Hopefully he sees this thread.
Jump to top Jazzkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-19-2016, 02:12:47 AM   #15
MisterEm
Registered User
 
MisterEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,792
Reputation: 0 MisterEm is on a distinguished road
Location: close to the rainbow

United States




Thumbs up Re: Shout out to Mister Em

Slow to respond here, my apologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Nothing but great things to say about Mike.
Thanks, Brad. Can't wait to swap keys with your beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagdollOp View Post
Yeah, I just wanted to say thanks as well. I was just in Denver on vacation for my Fiancťe's birthday. My fuel pump started going out and luckily I was able to make it to the hotel. I happened to remember that he lived in Denver from when I rented his timing tools, so I PM'ed him for help. He responded quick and let me borrow his tools so I could replace my fuel pump and even had a spare fuel relay just in case I needed it!
Glad you made it back ok! Nothing like getting stuck in a foreign city without your tools....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkat View Post
There was a guy in Denver recently looking for someone with skills to do an SMG to manual conversion. He was referred to Kaiv. Maybe he should contact MisterEm.

Hopefully he sees this thread.
I did. Would only do that swap again for a good friend, to be honest. I play with the m3forum member cars for fun, not to feed my family. Most of the guys I work with go taken to the cleaners by a local dealer or independent. That is where I like to help out.

Barely have enough time to drive and work on my own turd! Two kids, wife, career, business, rental properties, my pretend race car... gotta draw the line somewhere.
__________________
Jump to top MisterEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 01:47:46 AM   #16
Blaikenstein
Registered User
 
Blaikenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 444
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Blaikenstein is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

I called mike in a panic two Fridayís ago. I was doing my valve adjustment and checked the exhaust hub. It was busted, tab secured in oil pump. I had planned to buy the pieces and rebuild the vanos myself and also talked with mike on his prebuilt kits. He had most of the pieces on hand and we planned the remaining parts. I continue with the valve adjustment and managed to flip the #12 exhaust shim out of its cup (lack of assembly lube). I had shop towels in the galleys but didnít hear it or find it. I agreed with mike that it was time to pull the bottom end and do the rod bearings (120,000 miles). I planned to do this later so had read a few of the forum diyís. The bottom end is now completely ready for bearings, top is cleaned and ready for mikes stage two vanos.

Last Friday I called mike in a panic. Iíve cross threaded my chain tensioner, but havenít fully destroyed the threads(upper chain guide installed under bottom chain tensioner). Mike called up the Bavarian Brothers Will and Eric and together they provided solid moral support and guidance. We believe we have found a unique solution for a cross thread fix if I can source the parts (m26-1.5 Allen pipe plug, reverse threaded from inside the timing case).

Mike is an awesome guy and a full on enthusiast. I fully knew all of this was coming in time and I donít regret the position Iím in right now. When all of this is over and the subframe is reinforced Iím going to beat the bejesus out of this car at the track with mike and the boys.

Stay tuned,
BlAikenstein
Jump to top Blaikenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 02:09:42 AM   #17
avusblu_e36
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 323
Reputation: 0 avusblu_e36 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

man that's some terrible luck ^!
Jump to top avusblu_e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 07:27:41 AM   #18
MisterEm
Registered User
 
MisterEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,792
Reputation: 0 MisterEm is on a distinguished road
Location: close to the rainbow

United States




Thumbs up Re: Shout out to Mister Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaikenstein View Post
I called mike in a panic two Fridayís ago. I was doing my valve adjustment and checked the exhaust hub. It was busted, tab secured in oil pump. I had planned to buy the pieces and rebuild the vanos myself and also talked with mike on his prebuilt kits. He had most of the pieces on hand and we planned the remaining parts. I continue with the valve adjustment and managed to flip the #12 exhaust shim out of its cup (lack of assembly lube). I had shop towels in the galleys but didnít hear it or find it. I agreed with mike that it was time to pull the bottom end and do the rod bearings (120,000 miles). I planned to do this later so had read a few of the forum diyís. The bottom end is now completely ready for bearings, top is cleaned and ready for mikes stage two vanos.

Last Friday I called mike in a panic. Iíve cross threaded my chain tensioner, but havenít fully destroyed the threads(upper chain guide installed under bottom chain tensioner). Mike called up the Bavarian Brothers Will and Eric and together they provided solid moral support and guidance. We believe we have found a unique solution for a cross thread fix if I can source the parts (m26-1.5 Allen pipe plug, reverse threaded from inside the timing case).

Mike is an awesome guy and a full on enthusiast. I fully knew all of this was coming in time and I donít regret the position Iím in right now. When all of this is over and the subframe is reinforced Iím going to beat the bejesus out of this car at the track with mike and the boys.

Stay tuned,
BlAikenstein
Thanks for the feedback, Blake. We've got a few ways to attack your car after your string of bad luck.

My main concern is the shim followed by the tensioner threads. We will get it right so you can join our gang taking over the local BMW and PCA track events.

Let's touch base when I fly back home.

Mike

P.S. we were serious about the e30 5spd s50 swap for a loaner. A lot more fun than your Camry loaner....and free!
__________________
Jump to top MisterEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 07:47:14 AM   #19
erickrayos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 654
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 erickrayos is on a distinguished road
Location: San Diego

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEm View Post
I also replaced the 7 top injector seals and all 6 bottom seals. Don't forget the extra top seal for the fuel line!

They were all flattened out at 73k.
can you give us the part numbers or link to them? I'll replace mine as well while doing the engine rebuild. thanks!!
Jump to top erickrayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 09:00:23 PM   #20
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com
 
Dr M3an M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 4,266
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Dr M3an M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Columbia, SC

United States




Default Re: Shout out to Mister Em

I wish I lived in CO, MisterEm is top notch. He is where I learned about the valve adjustment shim pro-tip: "8 and 10 thousandths. Wet sand with 12-1600 grit the shims. For all cams"

Also Mike (MisterEM), since you are reading this, check your Instagram messages. Looks like banging on AT Power's door worked. Should be able to get you those shaftless throttle-bodies in the next couple of weeks.


Also, if you don't know, MisterEM very well might have the fastest NA S54 on the street. What was it, 390ish WHP!? With big-boy high-lift cams that BMW said wouldn't work with VANOS (14.5mm and 14.0mm lift 292/284 cams) -- which it did (does).
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3 - Oxford Green Metallic II + Cinnamon SMG
IG: DrM3anM3

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, Catcam's Billet 280/272 cams, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested):
OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2, HTE Tuning Group-Buy OE CSL Wheel
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Shout out to Mister Em in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)