BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Apr-24-2017, 04:51:06 AM   #71
bimmerdriver

In the garage:

Canada

Default Re: CMP Auto Engineering subframe kit

OP, looks interesting. IMO, you are now the second source of a proper fix to the RACP issue, the first being the "VinceBar". By proper, I mean a fix that directly connects the rear subframe mounts to the chassis rails.
2002 (12/2001) M3 6MT Coupe Carbon Black on Black - ZCP/CSL Wheels, 245/35/19 Mich PS2 & 285/30/19 Conti ExtremeContact DW, H&R 15 mm Front Spacers, CSL F/R Brakes, EBC Redstuff, TMS SS F/R Brake Lines, PSS9, TMS F/R Sway Bars, TMS Rear Control Arms, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, TMS/Carbonio Intake, Eisenmann Exhaust, AutoSolutions 30% SSK, BMW Illuminated Shift Knob, BMW Performance Pedals, BMW Performance 4.10 R&P, CDV Delete, Flossmann GTR Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk, Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Euro Front Signal Lights, Euro Rear Tail Lights, Angel Eyes, Homelink

1997 328is 5MT Coupe Madeira Violet on Black - Staggered M Forged Double Spoke Wheels, Bilstein Sport, H&R Sport, M Tech Rear Spoiler (Sold)
Jump to top bimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Apr-24-2017, 10:34:20 AM   #72
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Quote:
FYI, you've got a couple of broken links to images.
Thanks for the heads up. For some reason I have trouble with images linking correctly to this forum.

The article link I tried to do on my phone, I'm pretty hopeless on it.

I've updated the image links and the article seems to be working now to.

Thank you. I'm surprised more people aren't offering their solutions to the public. Many have done something for their own with varying methods well before we came around. I got a lot of interest locally and chose to develop it into a kit. It's like a hobby outside my work to keen my passion alive.

I see our kit as introducing a new chassis member between the parallel rails rather than just fill the gap between the RACP and chassis legs. It picks up the point loads with the tube and has the added benefit of a vertical rib between the RACP and new chassis member offering superior chassis rigidity by increasing the second moment of area exponentially.

If you're interested, I'm also working on underside plates so that I can offer a more comprehensive solution and saves people sourcing different things from different places when doing their repairs.
I've been waiting months to get a rear cut and it looks like it'll be picking up a clean undamaged 2005 model back end in a weeks time.
Jump to top AussieE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 06:05:15 AM   #73
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Afternoon guys, Sorry I haven't posted in quite a while.

Thought I'd share some news for those who don't follow us on Facebook.

It looks like we have a group buy coming up in the next few days for this kit. It will be hosted on the E46 Owners page. I made an indicative post a couple weeks ago which is linked below;

The general pricing will be 1% off per person for a maximum of 20% off. There's an opportunity to make a great saving.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e46o...1371871471791/

There's also been progress in developing our own underside repair plates. I acquired a rear cut from a 2005 model E46 3 series. This model has all the revisions made to the rear axle carrier panel over the course of the E46 production.

This was cut down into smaller pieces isolating it to the area within the shape of the carrier panel including chassis legs and shock towers.

This was then wire brushed clean, primed and the spot welds around the mounting faces marked. Rear left mount shown.

I've begun mapping out and measuring the area of the plates and considering the spot weld locations to integrate into their design. I'll share an image of the area I intend for the plates to envelop once I share it on Facebook.

Just like our top kit, it's being designed for maximum strength and rigidity so the plates will have greater coverage than anything currently available and link with all structural spot welds to avoid adding stress in undesirable areas.

This paired with out topside kit will offer a combined unrivalled rigidity.

Soon after I'll be using the same rear cut to see if a front mount reinforcement of similar design to our rear kit is feasible.
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 09:01:04 AM   #74
VinceSE2
FKA VinceSE

In the garage:

Sweden

Default CMP Auto Engineering subframe kit

Wow, you keep pushing into uncharted territory with your pioneering ideas!

Not

Aug 2016
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=552534

I'm sorry, but it's getting silly how you are following along, while insinuating innovation.

Your "more-than-anyone-else-must-be-better" design philosophy isn't innovative, and it doesn't "redesign the chassis" as you seem to believe. And claim.

Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by VinceSE2; Mon, May-22-2017 at 11:48:14 AM.
Jump to top VinceSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 11:20:38 AM   #75
Headlock

Australia

lol no need to get into a pissing match. it's a big planet with a lot of E46's on it, plenty of room for you both.
Jump to top Headlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 11:33:52 AM   #76
VinceSE2
FKA VinceSE

In the garage:

Sweden

Default CMP Auto Engineering subframe kit

It's not so much the market, or business, I simply feel that credit should be given when credit is due.

I have certainly done my best to credit James Redish for his findings and his large number of excellent videos on YouTube. In hindsight I guess at least some of that credit should also have been given Psiddy81 @ PS Designs who I believe R&D'd the Redish plates.

So I just don't see why CMP is trying to make the illusion that they figured this out on their own?

The only real "innovation" has been adding more steel, larger square tubes etc.

There, now I blew off some steam.
I'm sorry if I had to do that, it's not usually something I do. But there's always a limit for everything I guess.

Last edited by VinceSE2; Mon, May-22-2017 at 12:00:47 PM.
Jump to top VinceSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 10:44:18 PM   #77
M3 dude

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceSE2 View Post
It's not so much the market, or business, I simply feel that credit should be given when credit is due.

I have certainly done my best to credit James Redish for his findings and his large number of excellent videos on YouTube. In hindsight I guess at least some of that credit should also have been given Psiddy81 @ PS Designs who I believe R&D'd the Redish plates.

So I just don't see why CMP is trying to make the illusion that they figured this out on their own?

The only real "innovation" has been adding more steel, larger square tubes etc.

There, now I blew off some steam.
I'm sorry if I had to do that, it's not usually something I do. But there's always a limit for everything I guess.

conversely race shops have been reinforcing the racp by extending the cage onto the mounts for years also.

i don't see how one business or another can claim innovation when the concept has been around.

what you guys are doing is promoting the idea to the broader public to help them keep these things on the road. which is great, and we thank you for it.
Jump to top M3 dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-23-2017, 12:02:15 AM   #78
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Vince, I think you need to put your ego in check.

That post made no claim of innovation whatsoever. Any issues you have with my kit and what I am doing are held by you alone.

Are you saying you want credit because you believe you’re the first person to think of cutting a car down to design plates? I’d be surprised if anyone managed to design theirs without a rear cut or carrier panel. What credit do you deserve for that?

I fail to understand why you have such an issue with what I’m doing.

If you must know, my inspiration came from Redish motorsport’s video repairs and a fellow named Allan Aj here in Aus. He pioneered a kit like the one we manufacture back in 2009.

I don’t know how long you’ve been offering your own solution however, his is one of the earliest solutions I can find. Here’s the link, post #15.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=909256

I didn’t see your contribution to the issue till I had decided on a design (which I can prove from my first ever post on this forum). Your contribution was helpful and confirmed my thoughts and I did adopt the idea of an extended bolt to relieve some of the stress on the threaded insert welds. I am willing to give credit on that aspect of my design to you.

I do give credit where it is due. I’m much more active on Facebook than here on the forum and am often involved in discussions regarding the carrier panel cracking. I pass on information and recommend products based on people’s needs. I’m not trying to monopolise or dominate the market or undermine anyone.

Believe it or not, I have even recommended your product to people who wants a hidden solution as well as another solution made here in Aus call the Ray Brace for those who want a bolt in solution as I consider it superior to the very expensive Mason kit.

My goal is to help people where I can and offer a solution for those who want something more robust. The reason for ‘more steel’ was actually to increase the second moment of area and thus rigidity. I (and many others) wanted maximum rigidity with only minor compromise in the boot cavity. I mostly get interest from those who either run significant forced induction or build drift cars. Many purists do not want to cut their cars and occupy the boot as much as I did. I understand that.

This is not a source of income to me, simply a hobby. I’m an undergrad mechanical engineer in my final year and trying to make use of my education and have some fun with designing parts for an issue many people suffer.

Cars are my passion and the M3 was a bucket list car for me. I was devastated when this happened to me and I want to help people in a similar situation.

If you must know I’ve made less than $300 AUD thus far as this is fun for me. I have a part time desk job and without this I don’t get the opportunity to enjoy my passion.

I personally would like it if we had a better relationship. I don’t feel the need to undermine each other. We’re both trying to help the community fix an issue from two opposing approaches. Neither one suits everyone’s needs.

Last edited by AussieE46M3; Tue, May-23-2017 at 12:36:09 AM.
Old Tue, May-23-2017, 04:30:48 AM   #79
bimmerdriver

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:

Not

Aug 2016

I'm sorry, but it's getting silly how you are following along, while insinuating innovation.

Your "more-than-anyone-else-must-be-better" design philosophy isn't innovative, and it doesn't "redesign the chassis" as you seem to believe. And claim.

Just saying

Vince, you don't do yourself any favours at all when you piss on others. You don't have a monopoly on RACP modifications. In the future, if you don't anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Just to be clear, if this was the only time you interjected your solution into someone else's thread I might not have said anything, but you habitually do this.
2002 (12/2001) M3 6MT Coupe Carbon Black on Black - ZCP/CSL Wheels, 245/35/19 Mich PS2 & 285/30/19 Conti ExtremeContact DW, H&R 15 mm Front Spacers, CSL F/R Brakes, EBC Redstuff, TMS SS F/R Brake Lines, PSS9, TMS F/R Sway Bars, TMS Rear Control Arms, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, TMS/Carbonio Intake, Eisenmann Exhaust, AutoSolutions 30% SSK, BMW Illuminated Shift Knob, BMW Performance Pedals, BMW Performance 4.10 R&P, CDV Delete, Flossmann GTR Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk, Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Euro Front Signal Lights, Euro Rear Tail Lights, Angel Eyes, Homelink

1997 328is 5MT Coupe Madeira Violet on Black - Staggered M Forged Double Spoke Wheels, Bilstein Sport, H&R Sport, M Tech Rear Spoiler (Sold)

Last edited by bimmerdriver; Tue, May-23-2017 at 04:36:14 AM.
Jump to top bimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-23-2017, 04:51:43 AM   #80
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Not

Aug 2016

Just saying

I think what is getting silly is how you feel the need to point things out like that. Why? The impression I am getting is that you are acting like the one that insist on having the superior design.

You already get more credit than anyone else on the forum about subframe reinforcements. Maybe the credit you get is deserved, maybe not. It's not for me to judge. But your comments were ill placed IMHO.

To me Aussi's (CMP Auto Engineering) looks more professional than the Vince Bar, sorry! I think the only reason he is not selling as many as you are, is because of your relentless pursuit in every subframe thread to promote yours, which also undermines what he wrote, that he is doing as a hobby and to give back to the community, not to take "market share" away from you.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Sportline CS8's, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote