BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:48:06 PM   #21
Paulo M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,014
Reputation: 0 Paulo M is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

How many complaining even bought these cars new? Bmw isn’t dumb, majority of the people buying their cars are corporate types that want the M badge simply to have the top of the line (nothing wrong with this).

My friends, who are car guys, non stop complain about how the new m cars are too this or that. I’m like, go drive your $13k 2002 m3 you bought in 2016 and just enjoy it. You can’t even afford a new $70k m car even if it had the “raw” features you wanted. Bmw isn’t making cars for your broke ass lol. No offense to anyone, obviously this doesn’t apply to everyone, I’m just backing up bmw’s Decision.
__________________
BREMBO BBS DIXIS
Jump to top Paulo M is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:49:00 PM   #22
Obioban
Moderator
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 36,618
In the garage:
Reputation: 54 Obioban has a spectacular aura about
Location: SE PA

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
How many complaining even bought these cars new? Bmw isn’t dumb, majority of the people buying their cars are corporate types that want the M badge simply to have the top of the line (nothing wrong with this).

My friends, who are car guys non stop complain about how the new m cars are too this or that. I’m like, go drive your $13k 2002 m3 you bought in 2016 and just enjoy it. You can’t even afford a new $70k m car even if it had the “raw” features you wanted.
I bought two e46 M3's new
__________________

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:49:41 PM   #23
RedOctober330
Registered User
 
RedOctober330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 494
Reputation: 0 RedOctober330 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_3472 View Post
NASCAR car or an indy car are the definition of true drivers cars. They're both absolute animals that require the highest level of skill.


If so, and if those cars aren’t manuals, then why do people hate on automatic cars? Why do most on these forums love their manuals?
Jump to top RedOctober330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:51:54 PM   #24
Obioban
Moderator
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 36,618
In the garage:
Reputation: 54 Obioban has a spectacular aura about
Location: SE PA

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober330 View Post
If so, and if those cars aren’t manuals, then why do people hate on automatic cars? Why do most on these forums love their manuals?
People love their manuals because they increase driving involvement.
__________________

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:53:51 PM   #25
Kwakjoe
Registered User
 
Kwakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,354
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Kwakjoe is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Tbh I wouldn't mind a DCT for a future car. I've driven the M2/3/4 on track and it just increases my vision and helped me focus more on my line. Doesn't "take away from the experience" for me at least, it let me focus more on other things. I still left the track just as happy as I would've left if I was driving my E46
__________________
Jump to top Kwakjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:54:19 PM   #26
RedOctober330
Registered User
 
RedOctober330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 494
Reputation: 0 RedOctober330 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
People love their manuals because they increase driving involvement.


So if manual = increased driving involvement, is it not fair to say that increased driving involvement = increased driving enjoyment = a more mechanical driving experience? If so, then THATS what my comment goes towards. I’d say there’s a reason it’s called a “slushbox.”
Jump to top RedOctober330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:56:50 PM   #27
Paulo M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,014
Reputation: 0 Paulo M is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I bought two e46 M3's new
Aww you’re fast. You caught me before my ninja edit
__________________
BREMBO BBS DIXIS
Jump to top Paulo M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:56:58 PM   #28
Obioban
Moderator
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 36,618
In the garage:
Reputation: 54 Obioban has a spectacular aura about
Location: SE PA

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakjoe View Post
Tbh I wouldn't mind a DCT for a future car. I've driven the M2/3/4 on track and it just increases my vision and helped me focus more on my line. Doesn't "take away from the experience" for me at least, it let me focus more on other things. I still left the track just as happy as I would've left if I was driving my E46
I don't mind SMG/DCT/any other kind of modern automatic on track. It's on the street where they make me boooooored.
__________________

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:57:28 PM   #29
Kwakjoe
Registered User
 
Kwakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,354
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Kwakjoe is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober330 View Post
So if manual = increased driving involvement, is it not fair to say that increased driving involvement = increased driving enjoyment = a more mechanical driving experience? If so, then THATS what my comment goes towards. I’d say there’s a reason it’s called a “slushbox.”
Not sure how increased driving enjoyment is the same as a mechanical driving experience. I had a pretty enjoyable ride in DCT cars and majority of forum members wouldn't consider that "mechanical" driving.
__________________
Jump to top Kwakjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-10-2018, 04:58:47 PM   #30
Kwakjoe
Registered User
 
Kwakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,354
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Kwakjoe is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I don't mind SMG/DCT/any other kind of modern automatic on track. It's on the street where they make me bored.
Tbh if I didn't have the CAE shifter, I'd be bored of my E46 too. After a certain point you just grow accustomed to manual transmission and they don't exactly "excite" me like all the automobile journalists tell me it should.
__________________
Jump to top Kwakjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing BMW upset with E46 M3 enthusiasts in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)