BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 05:46:21 PM   #21
ggrslc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 45
Reputation: 0 ggrslc is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Iím grasping at straws now but could you have a bent wheel thatís just bad enough to piss off your sensor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top ggrslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:07:19 PM   #22
Joshe46
Registered User
 
Joshe46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 715
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Joshe46 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrslc View Post
Iím grasping at straws now but could you have a bent wheel thatís just bad enough to piss off your sensor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So upon my initial install of the adapters, one was a pain to slip on, turns out i had it cockeyed, so when I rotated wheel by hand it was horribly wobbly. I figured that was my issue but now I did same thing to ensure on properly and they are. These Tes are practically brand new. One didnt even need weights.
Jump to top Joshe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:27:22 PM   #23
rbmwiv
Registered User
 
rbmwiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 42
Posts: 242
Reputation: 0 rbmwiv is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

The way the speed sensors work is there is a wheel on the inside of the bearing that has slots all around it 3/16Ē and the sensor reads the wheel and gets its readings that way. Can you monitor your speed sensors in real time? If so pull up the two front and see what they read. If they arenít reading anything then the ring has pushed off and needs to get back on. Compare the front to the backs etc. also a picture of the spacers and their hardware would help to diagnose your issue. Itís possible that you have pushed the toothed wheel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top rbmwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:44:55 PM   #24
Joshe46
Registered User
 
Joshe46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 715
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Joshe46 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmwiv View Post
The way the speed sensors work is there is a wheel on the inside of the bearing that has slots all around it 3/16Ē and the sensor reads the wheel and gets its readings that way. Can you monitor your speed sensors in real time? If so pull up the two front and see what they read. If they arenít reading anything then the ring has pushed off and needs to get back on. Compare the front to the backs etc. also a picture of the spacers and their hardware would help to diagnose your issue. Itís possible that you have pushed the toothed wheel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Well I read wheel speed sensors through Inpa and all 4 are reading same values, properly. Now really wtff?!
Jump to top Joshe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:50:29 PM   #25
rbmwiv
Registered User
 
rbmwiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 42
Posts: 242
Reputation: 0 rbmwiv is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

And thatís driving? I have no clue what is happening. If you are reading them while itís not moving you wonít see the issue. Can you post a picture of the adapter? Because so far I have never ran into anything like that. But if you didnít check while driving then do that immediately it should up the issue. If all 4 are reading the same then I have no clue why itís throwing front sensors codes. To throw those codes it either has to have a break in the wiring or read different speeds from the rest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top rbmwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:51:25 PM   #26
rbmwiv
Registered User
 
rbmwiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 42
Posts: 242
Reputation: 0 rbmwiv is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Try reading the speeds until the fault occurs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top rbmwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:51:46 PM   #27
rbmwiv
Registered User
 
rbmwiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 42
Posts: 242
Reputation: 0 rbmwiv is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Should help to narrow it down


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top rbmwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:55:17 PM   #28
Joshe46
Registered User
 
Joshe46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 715
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Joshe46 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmwiv View Post
And thatís driving? I have no clue what is happening. If you are reading them while itís not moving you wonít see the issue. Can you post a picture of the adapter? Because so far I have never ran into anything like that. But if you didnít check while driving then do that immediately it should up the issue. If all 4 are reading the same then I have no clue why itís throwing front sensors codes. To throw those codes it either has to have a break in the wiring or read different speeds from the rest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That was while driving. They are consistent. 0 at stop and so on. Error code doesnít go away. I clear and itís already there. I checked all wiring and no issues there. Im truly at a loss of what the car isnít liking. Dont really have other pics of adapters, but this is the adapter mounting bolt next to oem lug.

Jump to top Joshe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:57:37 PM   #29
rbmwiv
Registered User
 
rbmwiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 42
Posts: 242
Reputation: 0 rbmwiv is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

I am also at a loss so when you clear the codes it comes back immediately?
The adapters look like they shouldnít be a issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top rbmwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 06:58:55 PM   #30
Joshe46
Registered User
 
Joshe46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 715
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Joshe46 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmwiv View Post
I am also at a loss so when you clear the codes it comes back immediately?
The adapters look like they shouldnít be a issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I clear it with my code reader and its right back. I cant access dsc or tpms with my inpa because I think i need a bridges dcan. I just have a ttfs one.
Jump to top Joshe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Will the e46 dsc not accept a 275/35 rear and 265/35 front?!? in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)