BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 05:16:35 AM   #11
Neubauten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Reputation: 0 Neubauten is on a distinguished road
Location: Sagamihara

Japan




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Monkey View Post
Congrats on your new car!
I dream of owning a 3.2 Evo, but I'd gladly take a 3.0 if I could get my hands on one; in particular, a '95 GT with alum doors & 295 horse would get the job done nicely!
The GT is definitely the Holy Grail...
A lot of them are showing up recently in Europe but prices are rising very fast.
Jump to top Neubauten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 06:10:14 AM   #12
Eric M3
shogun
 
Eric M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 180
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Eric M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Japan

Japan




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

If you need a wrenching place or want to wrench with us, come over to my place near Tsukuba City, have a pit and lift, welding machine, 20T press and all the goodies. 1 hour drive from your place, about 95 km , from Sagamihara on the highway thru Tokyo and then Joban express way.
We are mainly Japanese, 1 German, 1 Australian members, mostly E32 and Alpina B12 E32 owners, I also have a US spec. E36 M3 from 1998.
Some pics from my jap. buddies website where you can see that we also make valve body overhauls and ATF service. http://e32b12.blogspot.jp/
my website http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
__________________
My 7 series DIY site: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
Jump to top Eric M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 07:33:56 AM   #13
M3AN
mmm... lovely!
 
M3AN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,828
Reputation: 0 M3AN is on a distinguished road
Location: Back in NZ

New Zealand




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Welcome from the west pacific!

Nice car, lovely interior.
__________________


E36 M3 | Estoril | Coupe | S50B32 | 6MT
Jump to top M3AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 10:50:32 AM   #14
Neubauten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Reputation: 0 Neubauten is on a distinguished road
Location: Sagamihara

Japan




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M3 View Post
If you need a wrenching place or want to wrench with us, come over to my place near Tsukuba City, have a pit and lift, welding machine, 20T press and all the goodies. 1 hour drive from your place, about 95 km , from Sagamihara on the highway thru Tokyo and then Joban express way.
We are mainly Japanese, 1 German, 1 Australian members, mostly E32 and Alpina B12 E32 owners, I also have a US spec. E36 M3 from 1998.
Some pics from my jap. buddies website where you can see that we also make valve body overhauls and ATF service. http://e32b12.blogspot.jp/
my website http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
Wow, that's a surprising and interesting proposal, thanks a lot!

The E32 is the car that brought automotive passion to me. My father owned one for quite some time and I bought one 10 years later as a first car : a 730i M30 with a 5MT. It was a wreck but I learned a lot... I still love this car, the Alpina B12 being the ultimate target, but totally impossible to register legally in France so I gave up.
I looked for E32 in Japan but could not find anything interesting, I guess those cars are now out of the regular second hand market.

I plan to have some Gymkhana in Tsukuba circuit on the 28th, maybe I can come by and say hello at that time
Jump to top Neubauten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 11:50:10 AM   #15
Hasan Shaikh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 274
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Hasan Shaikh is on a distinguished road
Location: Dubai

United Arab Emirates




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Congratulations! Thats a very nice M3.

Enjoy in good health.
Jump to top Hasan Shaikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 02:46:56 PM   #16
Eric M3
shogun
 
Eric M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 180
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Eric M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Japan

Japan




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubauten View Post
I looked for E32 in Japan but could not find anything interesting, .... I plan to have some Gymkhana in Tsukuba circuit on the 28th, maybe I can come by and say hello at that time
If you want a B12, my buddy still has 2 in his warehouse in the Japan Alps
http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...warehouse2.jpg
plus 1 E32 750iL Highline and one short wheel base 750i E32.
http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...warehouse1.jpg
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/shog...ouse4.jpg.html
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/shog...se1-1.jpg.html
Pics are some years old when there were about 30 cars. My wrenching buddy is getting older and he sold now most of them, still 2 E32 Alpina B12 + the 2 E32 750 are there. Contact me when you visit Tsukuba Circuit.
__________________
My 7 series DIY site: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
Jump to top Eric M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 03:48:46 PM   #17
Neubauten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Reputation: 0 Neubauten is on a distinguished road
Location: Sagamihara

Japan




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M3 View Post
If you want a B12, my buddy still has 2 in his warehouse in the Japan Alps
http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...warehouse2.jpg
plus 1 E32 750iL Highline and one short wheel base 750i E32.
http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...warehouse1.jpg
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/shog...ouse4.jpg.html
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/shog...se1-1.jpg.html
Pics are some years old when there were about 30 cars. My wrenching buddy is getting older and he sold now most of them, still 2 E32 Alpina B12 + the 2 E32 750 are there. Contact me when you visit Tsukuba Circuit.
Oh My God...
I will contact you!
Jump to top Neubauten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 04:19:06 PM   #18
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM
 
M_Parallel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,320
Reputation: 0 M_Parallel is on a distinguished road
Location: Home Court

Netherlands




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubauten View Post
Could not find one in my budget
3.2L are becoming freakingly expensive recently, I could not find one below 2M JPY.

I did hesitate a lot before buying this 3.0L but actually the test drive convinced me: this car is really mean and, having only one Vanos, the engine wakes up above 4,000 rpm and really kicks you in the butt.
The 3.2 is faster but more linear so actually the 3.0 is more fun to me.
It's a bit like US : "should I get a 1995 or 96+".

Same difference in displacement, but like with the ROW 3.0/3.2, it's also about what you want options wise.

The 3.2 is the newer car and will/can have options not available on the 3.0.

Although the OBDI vs II does not apply.
__________________

'98 M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung
Jump to top M_Parallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 04:59:35 PM   #19
Neubauten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Reputation: 0 Neubauten is on a distinguished road
Location: Sagamihara

Japan




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Parallel View Post
It's a bit like US : "should I get a 1995 or 96+".

Same difference in displacement, but like with the ROW 3.0/3.2, it's also about what you want options wise.

The 3.2 is the newer car and will/can have options not available on the 3.0.

Although the OBDI vs II does not apply.
Well, in Europe the S50B32 is offering a significant 35hp and 30nm of torque more than the 3.0L, so it is a no brainer if you have the choice... Compared to the 240hp of the US model this is a totally different car...
Also the 3.2L has alu doors, stiffer chassis, better brakes, stiffer suspensions, a more direct steering and a 6 speed transmission...

As you mentioned 3.2L also have usually more options which make them heavier, despite the alu doors, so in terms of pure performance the difference between both models is not that huge.
But it is definitely a better car, although not necessarily more fun to drive than the 3.0L and some of the advantages such as brakes and suspension can be compensated easily through aftermarket parts. The S50B30 is also more explosive due to the limited torque at low rpm (well... obviously still more than a S52) and the single Vanos so in terms of sensation it is still interesting.
Jump to top Neubauten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 06:03:58 PM   #20
westopher
Registered User
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,016
Reputation: 0 westopher is on a distinguished road
Location: Vancouver

Canada




Default Re: M3 S50B30 in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubauten View Post
The S50B30 is also more explosive due to the limited torque at low rpm (well... obviously still more than a S52) and the single Vanos so in terms of sensation it is still interesting.
The s52 has more torque throughout its rev range than the euro s50b30
__________________

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 106k and officially worthless. 2000 323i touring, silver/grey/sport pack, 170k and officially boring.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing M3 S50B30 in Japan in the E36 M3 (1992-1999) Forum - {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999 at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)