BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 09:49:27 PM   #11
mathewM3

In the garage:

Germany

Default Re: Moving to Germany, do I take the M3?

Bring it, you will experience the Autobahn and use your M3 for what it is built for.
Jump to top mathewM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 09:50:32 PM   #12
LSB FTW
Fear is exciting for me

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsvensson View Post
I work for a shipping company and have shipped several cars to Germany, you can PM me and we can have a look at the pricing. I'm from Denmark and have before taken a car to EU and been through the process. Initially the only conversion you would need, if you don't already have that is yellow tail markers. There is several options in regards to duties/taxes and how to register it, depending on how much you are planning on using it.
Have you imported here in the USA a E46 M3 CSL left hand drive?
Jump to top LSB FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 09:58:12 PM   #13
Tj Hunter
2 Wheel Racer

United States

But the REAL question is...what are we going to do when you are not able to rent out your valve adjustment kit???

Seriously thought, if you are in the armed services, you can just fly it over, everything is up to code, AFAIK, a friend of mine brought his E36 M3 to and from Germany when he was in the air force.
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 10:07:52 PM   #14
Z@T
Pilot

In the garage:

Germany

Ship it, I already shipped several cars from the US to Germany. Prices for shipping changes all the time. I paid between $650-1600.

Drive it over there and before you leave back to the US, sell it.

Life's too short to drive boring cars
Jump to top Z@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 10:10:35 PM   #15
bsvensson

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5TRI View Post
Have you imported here in the USA a E46 M3 CSL left hand drive?
Nope the only E46 M3 I have imported to the US was for a German soldier who was stationed in LA.

It's not that hard especially if you are military there for a set period of time.

Jump to top bsvensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 10:28:32 PM   #16
sullybmwm3

United States

Lol some of these people have no clue what they are talking about!!!

Take your car, the military will ship it for you.
If you buy a new car there make sure you have it longer than 12 months prior to the return or you'll have to pay taxes on it when you reg it in the states.

To get it reg'd in Germany, they just check for safety stuff (lights, brakes etc.). I brought over. Fully modded integra type-r. Super fun on the ring btw...

I'd bring the car for a couple of reasons.
1. Easy to get work done since BMW is like ford over there. No more searching for a "good Indy shop".
2. The ring! You have a great car already. The only differences in American spec and Germany are the emissions. The glass is also different.

Getting a CSL there is going to cost. $hit load of $$$$. Plus you won't be able to import it to America until you change it to American spec. That's another boatload of $$$.

If you decide to sell your car there, trust me an american will buy it. If you wanted to ship it back on your own dime it cost around $1k-2k depending on the options you do.

Another thing you can do is make sure they include shipping stateside if you buy another car and keep your M3. The dealership on base offers that as well other l
Incentives to get you to buy. The discount is pretty good and you can get custom stuff.

Thinking you are going to score a CSL is as realistic as thinking your going to buy a GT3. If you can afford one of those then you can buy a CSL...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Jump to top sullybmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 10:35:54 PM   #17
lmtfi

United States

As long as you have access to cheap AFEES gas - yes. If not - NO.
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 10:42:44 PM   #18
Rontgen

United States

Name one country you would rather drive the M3 in besides Germany.

Exactly. Take the car.

2001 M5
Jet Black / Black
Jump to top Rontgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 11:05:08 PM   #19
cossack
CSL Addict

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullybmwm3 View Post
Lol some of these people have no clue what they are talking about!!!

Take your car, the military will ship it for you.
If you buy a new car there make sure you have it longer than 12 months prior to the return or you'll have to pay taxes on it when you reg it in the states.

To get it reg'd in Germany, they just check for safety stuff (lights, brakes etc.). I brought over. Fully modded integra type-r. Super fun on the ring btw...

I'd bring the car for a couple of reasons.
1. Easy to get work done since BMW is like ford over there. No more searching for a "good Indy shop".
2. The ring! You have a great car already. The only differences in American spec and Germany are the emissions. The glass is also different.

Getting a CSL there is going to cost. $hit load of $$$$. Plus you won't be able to import it to America until you change it to American spec. That's another boatload of $$$.

If you decide to sell your car there, trust me an american will buy it. If you wanted to ship it back on your own dime it cost around $1k-2k depending on the options you do.

Another thing you can do is make sure they include shipping stateside if you buy another car and keep your M3. The dealership on base offers that as well other l
Incentives to get you to buy. The discount is pretty good and you can get custom stuff.

Thinking you are going to score a CSL is as realistic as thinking your going to buy a GT3. If you can afford one of those then you can buy a CSL...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Not a LHD csl but it shows you can find them, so no not that hard to find. I didn't look on the German classified, but there were three other csl's for sale in GB. I don't know the OP's financial situation, I'm assuming you don't either. That is why the suggestion to get a csl is plausible so long as he can afford it. When and where else will he ever get the chance to own a real CSL.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...l-2003/1045817

There's a guy that was moving to the States who was planning on selling his CSL. You can read up the thread, there are guys that imported true CSL's, there is a way to do it but it may be a big hassle. Maybe contact him, to see if he's interested in doing a swap of cars plus cash.
http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10328

Jump to top cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-03-2013, 11:56:27 PM   #20
kmfurdm
Oceania

In the garage:

England

Take the car.

If the wife needs a car then get something small, cheap and very good. There will be plenty of that to choose from.