BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Oct-06-2018, 12:07:31 PM   #851
M.Williams

United States

Default Re: Post your exhaust setup!

euro headers, BW 3.5 with custom Vibrant 3.5 cat, larger Borla muffler. Currently working on a setup to run a OEM style muffler with the 3.5 for after the race season.

M3's are meant to be driven, everywhere....
Jump to top M.Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Oct-07-2018, 08:17:09 AM   #852
FK

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the post and clarifying. I wondered about it being a FH muffler...Was everything else correct aside from the muffler? There must be a LOT of variation in the FH mufflers since they are all custom. The one's I've heard in video (never heard one in person) seem MUCH louder, basically just ECV straight-pipe noise without any refinement and different from his, which is why I ruled that out in my speculation. That is kind of where I was going with it in terms of it possibly being "custom"...as that seems to be the Insta-choice muffler often found on these custom setups... I wonder if his FH muffler shares a similar design configuration to the RE/Dixis? It sounds pretty damn close aside from the rasp.

Yea, your friend's video is also what made me buy my RE El Diablo...both ones I've owned. RE should be paying him for the commercial. Such a lovely noise.

Not sure what you meant by: "Splicing hairs but this car doesn't sound good, you've heard mine, I give up lol" or which car doesn't sound good that you're referring to? I

Thanks again for clarifying. That takes the mystery out. Wish I had the ability to hear the FH muffler versions in person...so much variation. ECV don't interest me much personally. I like "refined" and "complex" tonality.

How are you liking the Mevius compared to the RE? I don't think I recall hearing yours in this thread other than that ratchet cold start. Was that with the Mevius?

Cheers!
I've had the Mevius for 6 years now. It's been extensively modified at this point. But I'm happy with it. Zero drone but extremely loud.

I miss my El Diablo at times but eh, the Mevius was being worked on.
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Oct-07-2018, 07:13:33 PM   #853
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
I've had the Mevius for 6 years now. It's been extensively modified at this point. But I'm happy with it. Zero drone but extremely loud.

I miss my El Diablo at times but eh, the Mevius was being worked on.
Funny enough about that Filthy Habits muffler...Owner claims it's an Ebay muffler...Yeah, okay bud...

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 02:17:35 AM   #854
KS Golfer

United States

CPI RTX, supersprint resonated section 2 (single pipe), supersprint sport muffler

pretty happy with this overall. drone with windows up at 75mph in 6th gear was pretty much non-existant, i didn't pick up even a hint of rasp in my test drive tonight, modest volume increase with deeper tone. is the price tag worth minimal power gains, modest weight loss, and sound? depends how you feel about rasp. i hate it, so for me it is.
Old Sun, Oct-14-2018, 02:06:50 AM   #855
MFahrer

United States

Anybody have a clip of or experience with,

SS V1 headers
SS sect 1 catted
OEM sect 2
Eisenmann Race.

Walnut Motor Works x SCL Racing
2001 M3, on a diet, CSL wannabe, Ground Control race/track, Hotchkis, Powerflex, Project Mu, Solid Design, Autosolutions, APEX, Bimmerworld
Jump to top MFahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 01:51:20 AM   #856
arg617

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Williams View Post
euro headers, BW 3.5 with custom Vibrant 3.5 cat, larger Borla muffler. Currently working on a setup to run a OEM style muffler with the 3.5 for after the race season.

MAH04056 (1) - YouTube
Awesome video. Will the OEM style muffler retain quad tips?
Jump to top arg617 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-18-2018, 04:50:01 PM   #857
M.Williams

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by arg617 View Post
Awesome video. Will the OEM style muffler retain quad tips?
actually, I just installed the OEM muffler....to the 3.5 BW exhaust. I used a Y-pipe splitter toward the end of the section 2.

M3's are meant to be driven, everywhere....
Jump to top M.Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-18-2018, 05:35:46 PM   #858
nextelbuddy1

United States

my car is a bit different since i kept my rear spare tire well. (i like having spare tire so didnt feel the need to swap in the M3 spare tire tub)

my muffler is a Summit racing jones racing $50 SS muffler with 2.5 inch dual in and out design. my muffler currently resides in the Section 2 area right under the shifter area of the car and then a factory resonator and custom quad tips. I have factory US S54 headers and cats installed.

here is a picture of my setup (dont mind the non M belly pan. car now has an S54 belly pan that was taken the first day swap was complete)

Under Carriage S54 ZHP by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

2017-05-02 09.54.51 1 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

and here is a video with an audio clip of my exhaust setup which i love the way it sounds. mic is mounted on rear bumper between both exhaust tips so it should sound pretty good. skip to 57 seconds to here the actual good stuff. the beginning is me getting in the car and driving to the stop light etc...

Old Sun, Oct-21-2018, 03:23:47 AM   #859
arg617

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Williams View Post
actually, I just installed the OEM muffler....to the 3.5 BW exhaust. I used a Y-pipe splitter toward the end of the section 2.
How would you say the Y-pipe splitter and OEM muffler affected the sound level and drone of the 3.5 BW exhaust? Asking because I have the BW exhaust and have been thinking of trying a Y-pipe to an El Diablo muffler to tame things a bit.
Jump to top arg617 is online now   Reply With Quote