BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 01:21:24 AM   #501
oceansize
Kwisatz Haderach

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: The Official Bring a Trailer (BaT) Listing Thread - E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post
Yep, that was a collector car.

Look for a sliver gray "driver" on BaT shortly ;-)
Dude.... Did you buy that beast rare IB and white beast?
Jump to top oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:22:32 AM   #502
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansize View Post
Dude.... Did you buy that beast rare IB and white beast?

Negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Sportline CS8's, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:54:51 AM   #503
Keiser

United States

What do you guys think about the Topaz 02 that sold for $16k just now? Pretty well sorted car but higher miles.

2003.5 E46 Steel Gray/Black SMG Coupe SOLD
2003.5 E46 Jet Black/Imola SMG Coupe SOLD
2008 E90 Interlagos/Beige 6MT Sedan SOLD
2005 E46 Mystic/Black 6MT Coupe SOLD
2015 F80 Sakhir/Black 6MT Sedan SOLD
2002 E46 Tiag/Black SMG Coupe Converted to Estoril/Cinnamon
2018 F80 Tanzanite/Cloth 6MT ZCP Sedan
Jump to top Keiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 03:19:03 AM   #504
royalflushness

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
What do you guys think about the Topaz 02 that sold for $16k just now? Pretty well sorted car but higher miles.
I saw that. It was well sorted and had all of the maintenence done to it so someone who actually plans to drive and have it for the novelty can enjoy it. Makes me happy and pushes me to do the major preventatives on my new Imola pickup and stop worrying about the miles on the clock.

The paint on that car was surprisingly clean tho.. id be surprised if it didnt have some paint work. But then again, its a driver so thats a plus imo
Jump to top royalflushness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 06:08:31 PM   #505
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-23/

LSB with 42K miles. Tasteful modifications/maintenance included. Looks pretty clean too.
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 06:52:47 PM   #506
Texaz3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkenny15 View Post
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-23/

LSB with 42K miles. Tasteful modifications/maintenance included. Looks pretty clean too.
I looked at the car in person and test-drove it on Sunday. It has been painted almost entirely, and there are issues with rear suspension, and gearbox. It makes this horrid noise from the rear when turning (possibly tires catching on something, it has pretty wide meats in the back), and clutch chatters quite a bit while driving. It does not engage smooth, slips a lot, and when you shut off the car, makes a noise as if it is not fully disengages. So, a clutch job at a minimum, maybe something else.

Its clean, but interior has several panels that are missing, or off for some reason. Bearings and Vanos supposedly done. It does not have proper registration since 2015, and has not been driven at all since then, for whatever reason. Looks like it saw quite a bit of track time too. Tires are new-ish, rims are clean, no rash.

So, I would not pay much more than it has on it right now. That color though!
Jump to top Texaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 07:20:40 PM   #507
royalflushness

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaz3 View Post
I looked at the car in person and test-drove it on Sunday. It has been painted almost entirely, and there are issues with rear suspension, and gearbox. It makes this horrid noise from the rear when turning (possibly tires catching on something, it has pretty wide meats in the back), and clutch chatters quite a bit while driving. It does not engage smooth, slips a lot, and when you shut off the car, makes a noise as if it is not fully disengages. So, a clutch job at a minimum, maybe something else.

Its clean, but interior has several panels that are missing, or off for some reason. Bearings and Vanos supposedly done. It does not have proper registration since 2015, and has not been driven at all since then, for whatever reason. Looks like it saw quite a bit of track time too. Tires are new-ish, rims are clean, no rash.

Tracked with no rear sub work done at all.. hmph

The seller is also claiming that the car has not bee repainted in the listing. How did you tell it was repainted? Thanks for the update!
Jump to top royalflushness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 08:04:58 PM   #508
evil panda

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaz3 View Post

ouch. that car presents pretty well too. someone's in for a nasty surprise, then? the seller has insisted multiple times that there have been no repaints
Jump to top evil panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 08:21:05 PM   #509
Edgy
Constantly Learning M3 and M5 Owner

United States

Interesting first hand intell. Not driven at all? They directly said they have been driving. Going 8K miles with no registration struck me as questionable.
Jump to top Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-16-2018, 08:38:58 PM   #510
fattycharged
can't even

In the garage:

Zimbabwe

How you could tell it's been repainted? Was it just so obvious they didn't even bother removing trim or color variance? I always feel like LSB panels don't match 100