BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Oct-08-2018, 04:35:10 PM   #91
Mr. Wolfe
Anti-Bling

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Feeler: Group Buy Replicate Smooth Nappa IMOLA RED Leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRARCH04 View Post
For those interested in Cinnamon, this is what Josh sent as a standard "close" match. This is one of their off the shelf and in-stock colors, which is cheaper than doing a custom match. I don't know if this leather will darken over time like the OE Nappa does, but obviously it's a shade too light. Also lacking some orange tones in the cinnamon. I'm going to go the custom route, but I thought I'd leave this here for folks that want a quick and easy, and relatively inexpensive option.

Can you share what the price difference is to go custom?

Mr. Wolfe

2006 Interlagos/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT
1987 Turquoise Green / Imola Red 325is Mtech1 w/ M62 V8 Swap
2003 Alpine/Cinnamon ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
2003 Steel Gray/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
Jump to top Mr. Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Oct-08-2018, 05:42:25 PM   #92
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRARCH04 View Post
For those interested in Cinnamon, this is what Josh sent as a standard "close" match. This is one of their off the shelf and in-stock colors, which is cheaper than doing a custom match. I don't know if this leather will darken over time like the OE Nappa does, but obviously it's a shade too light. Also lacking some orange tones in the cinnamon. I'm going to go the custom route, but I thought I'd leave this here for folks that want a quick and easy, and relatively inexpensive option.

Your Cinnamon is very glossy-- which the leather is not at all, stock. I've found that certain leather products (noteably lexol) make the leather much darker and shinier-- you using anything like Lexol?

If so, I could see the above sample actually possibly being a good match for factory like leather.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-08-2018, 06:39:08 PM   #93
Mr. Wolfe
Anti-Bling

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Your Cinnamon is very glossy-- which the leather is not at all, stock. I've found that certain leather products (noteably lexol) make the leather much darker and shinier-- you using anything like Lexol?

If so, I could see the above sample actually possibly being a good match for factory like leather.
Agree.

https://goo.gl/images/qb96yr

Mr. Wolfe

Old Tue, Oct-09-2018, 12:24:10 AM   #94
SYRARCH04

United States

Yeah it does look really glossy in the photos. I have never used any sort of treatment on it myself, but it’s possible the last owner did. It doesn’t look THAT glossy in person. The drivers seat is fairly butt polished, the back seats are much more matte.

With regards to pricing, Relicate charges $500 for a standard hide, and $775 for a custom. They’ll also charge another $50 for a “strike-off”, which is basically a sample of your custom color. If you don’t order that, you’re just trusting it’s good enough before the full hide(s) are made.
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 01:18:02 AM   #95

In the garage:

United States

For those that were interested i finally got my hands on 9002 alcantara bought from Overland Designs for the seat centers. For reasons reasons beyond my comprehension, they couldn't ship to Cobra and Cobra couldn't source it directly from them but shipping was fast and cheap, made it all the way from Europe on Monday to Florida today so I can't complain much. Now to package this back up and send it back to Europe But if you're still interested, the owner, Jason, was very helpful and responds super quick to emails. I'll probably order another roll of this stuff for my headliner when I get around to it.

Engine: Lang Racing stage 2.5 head, Schrick 288/280 cams & followers, ARP studs, Epic Motorsports Tune, AFE intake, CSL headers, SGT scza section 3.
Drivetrain: Clutch Masters FX725, AKG stage II shifter, Vibra technics engine and trans mounts, Motorsport 4.10 R&P, mason clutch pedal.
Suspension/Brakes: Bilstein PSS9's, UUC sway bars, PFC direct drive rotors, PFC 08's, Nitto NT05's, Motorsport Hardware 75mm stud kit.
Coming soon: Lang Racing rod journal widening kit w/ CP 12:1 87.5mm pistons, Carrillo rods, Karbonius CSL airbox, Supersprint V1 stepped headers & section 1, TMS Power Pullies, 36lb injectors, Cobra Nogaro seats.

IG: Zach_e46M
Jump to top . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:08:43 AM   #96
SYRARCH04

United States

What did your cat think?
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 12:31:22 PM   #97

In the garage:

United States

She couldn't keep her paws off it I think she approves

Engine: Lang Racing stage 2.5 head, Schrick 288/280 cams & followers, ARP studs, Epic Motorsports Tune, AFE intake, CSL headers, SGT scza section 3.
Drivetrain: Clutch Masters FX725, AKG stage II shifter, Vibra technics engine and trans mounts, Motorsport 4.10 R&P, mason clutch pedal.
Suspension/Brakes: Bilstein PSS9's, UUC sway bars, PFC direct drive rotors, PFC 08's, Nitto NT05's, Motorsport Hardware 75mm stud kit.
Coming soon: Lang Racing rod journal widening kit w/ CP 12:1 87.5mm pistons, Carrillo rods, Karbonius CSL airbox, Supersprint V1 stepped headers & section 1, TMS Power Pullies, 36lb injectors, Cobra Nogaro seats.

Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 01:14:16 PM   #98
Mr. Wolfe
Anti-Bling

In the garage:

United States

The cat is totally like, "this is mine, right?". lol

Mr. Wolfe

Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 06:46:38 PM   #99
Avplayer

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by . View Post
For those that were interested i finally got my hands on 9002 alcantara bought from Overland Designs for the seat centers. For reasons reasons beyond my comprehension, they couldn't ship to Cobra and Cobra couldn't source it directly from them but shipping was fast and cheap, made it all the way from Europe on Monday to Florida today so I can't complain much. Now to package this back up and send it back to Europe But if you're still interested, the owner, Jason, was very helpful and responds super quick to emails. I'll probably order another roll of this stuff for my headliner when I get around to it.
What did that run you?
Jump to top Avplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 07:51:26 PM   #100

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avplayer View Post
What did that run you?
$270 shipped.