BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Jan-20-2018, 01:29:39 PM   #31
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Paul's carbon fiber widebody fsr/hpf turbo m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa_e46 View Post
2 questions:

Where in the world did you find an OEM CSL Roof?!?
Where were you able to pick up that strut bar? (I've been trying forever to get one)

Love the build!
Thank you for following my build!

I really lucked out on both because both sellers were local to me in Los Angeles. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

CSL ROOF: Autotalent had done a bunch of work on my car before and I saw a post by them on the forum saying they were selling an OEM CSL Roof with OE headliner, sound material, and cross member support bar, on behalf of a customer who was moving on to a different project. I drove to Autotalent, checked it out, and sure enough the roof was still wrapped in the original packaging from Crackers Performance in France.

PERFORMANCE STRUT BAR: Believe it or not, I stumbled upon the brand new strut bar on Ebay! It was much more than I think ANYONE would willing to spend on one. I almost bought a used BMW Performance Strut Bar in excellent condition from another forum member, but I was actually able to get in touch with the Ebay seller after the listing ended and never sold. Talked back and forth with the seller and he finally agreed I could drive down and pick up the new strut bar.

Workin' on having a 1000whp+ Widebody HPF Turbo M3
under construction at Lang Racing Development and Bulletproof Automotive. Engine build #2 completed by Offset Motorwerks

Jump to top skidawg112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jan-21-2018, 06:18:33 AM   #32
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
Brah join 1x1 side. It's cooler fam.

If some had told me 10 years ago when I first started modifying my car that I'd some day have an OEM CSL Roof in my hands...I'd a said you're crazy. I def like 1x1 weave but it just so happened that the first parts I ever had were 2x2. If it was the other way around, woulda been the opposite haha

under construction at Lang Racing Development and Bulletproof Automotive. Engine build #2 completed by Offset Motorwerks

Old Mon, Jan-22-2018, 03:18:30 PM   #33
PerkM3

United States

Nice work, definitely following this one.
Old Sat, Feb-03-2018, 05:55:56 AM   #34
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

After months and months of going back and forth about how I should dress up my intake manifold, I finally decided to have a custom hydrographic made and had the manifold hydrodipped. I could have left it alone, powder coated it all one color, or gone with a mass produced hydrofilm, but I really wanted something different so when you open the hood the manifold really POPS against the freshly painted black engine bay and candy purple engine accessories. All that's left to do is hand paint the letters shocker yellow and get this puppy installed.

Old Sat, Feb-03-2018, 06:00:36 AM   #35
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Default Paul's carbon fiber widebody fsr/hpf turbo m3

Fugly as f but your choice.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-03-2018, 07:19:03 AM   #36
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Fugly as f but your choice.

I appreciate the honest feedback, and i encourage it. I knew I was taking a risk and thatís why it took me so long to a make decision. Luckily I can always redip, respray, or upgrade to the Fab Factory manifold instead. Untill then, I hope the future dyno results will help me save face...and the oem csl roof haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Sat, Feb-03-2018, 07:39:15 AM   #37
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidawg112 View Post
I appreciate the honest feedback, and i encourage it. I knew I was taking a risk and thatís why it took me so long to a make decision. Luckily I can always redip, respray, or upgrade to the Fab Factory manifold instead. Untill then, I hope the future dyno results will help me save face...and the oem csl roof haha

The original finish in black looks great to me. But I hate HPF especially after they tried to rip me off by taking payment and then shutting their doors with my orders worth thousands behind the doors. If it wasnít for a few good souls thanks to this forum I would never have gotten my parts back. So I say upgrade your manifold lol
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-04-2018, 04:38:19 AM   #38
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
The original finish in black looks great to me. But I hate HPF especially after they tried to rip me off by taking payment and then shutting their doors with my orders worth thousands behind the doors. If it wasnít for a few good souls thanks to this forum I would never have gotten my parts back. So I say upgrade your manifold lol

Yeah, that was wild! I remember my car was still in pieces with no engine and I had to send proof that I was the owner of the car and of which parts. If it wasn't for Kirk Dorr, I never would have gotten my 4" Exhaust. I also owe a ton of thanks and appreciation to John Truong, Ryan Champ, Chris Nguyen and the rest of the team at LAB22 for towing my car out of there and putting it all back together. Also, huge thanks to Kenton (commanderwiggin) for lending me his HPF Jumper Box since mine was shot.

Last edited by skidawg112; Sun, Feb-04-2018 at 06:23:03 AM.
Old Fri, Feb-09-2018, 03:41:56 AM   #39
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

I already have 2 silver HKS BOVs but I was able to score this Discontinued Limited Edition Matte Black HKS SQV released years ago. Iím going to toy with it since it will be front and center on my intake manifold and will be a nice subtle change. The other BOV will still be hidden behind the bumper next to the intercooler 🤫

This Oil dipstick will easily be the most unnoticeable noticeable difference in my engine bay.

Received a few parts back from the powdercoater today but still have a few more parts to drop off

Last edited by skidawg112; Fri, Feb-09-2018 at 03:53:42 AM.
Old Wed, Feb-28-2018, 01:41:06 AM   #40
skidawg112

In the garage:

United States

Whatís another $100 just to have 18 stainless steel screws from a blowoff valve powder coated candy purple just so they match the engine bay?
Looked everywhere to find these screws in aluminum so I could simply anodize them purple and so it would be a lot cheaper but couldnít find them anywhere. Even tried Probolt and they couldnít help.
Never the less, Iím super happy with the results and canít wait for all the engine components to come together.

Last edited by skidawg112; Wed, Feb-28-2018 at 02:41:21 AM.