BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 09:29:23 PM   #11
Turb02

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: My color change, from TiAg to ModeGrau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Nice!

Just an observation. I think they installed the wrong side mirrors. Those look like the m5 style I think? Might want to ask them about that.
Those were the ones that were on the car when I disassembled it and painted it. A shop didn't paint this. Me and my brother in law did.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

NOT NARDO
Active Autowerke Stage 2.5-AA Headers-Supersprint-Meisterschaft-Vorsteiner-Brembo-AC Schnitzer-BBS-CSL
6MT swapped-RTD shifter-Amber Gang
Jump to top Turb02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 09:30:29 PM   #12
Turb02

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfox View Post
Looks awesome...I have a fascination with that kinda pastel-ish look ala Leadfoot/Avalanche/Battleship Gray/Grigio Telesto/Nardo Gray.

The one pic looks like it might have some browns or greens in it maybe?
In different lighting conditions, it changes the color a bit. That's what drew me to it.

Dare I say, I'm the only E46 with this color paint?

NOT NARDO
Active Autowerke Stage 2.5-AA Headers-Supersprint-Meisterschaft-Vorsteiner-Brembo-AC Schnitzer-BBS-CSL
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 09:39:19 PM   #13
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
Those were the ones that were on the car when I disassembled it and painted it. A shop didn't paint this. Me and my brother in law did.

Ahh ok just wanted to make sure a shop didnít pull a fast one on you. I wonder how those mirrors got on the car from the previous owner.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 09:47:38 PM   #14
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

If I'm honest I think it needs a more aggressive look to pull off this color. Those ambers totally kill it for me.A full race style csl lip , a c.f. trunk with exposed c.f., and an aggressive diffuser, maybe dive planes (though not my cup of tea but this color needs it imho)
It's just that this color by nature is flat, and was made so to tone down some aggressivness and therefore enabling them (I think), so on amber cornered stockish looking would look to tame-flat maybe. For example, Tiag is a serious color
, and those mods would look too much on it, while thiscolor sort of requires them.. you know?
An otherwise great job! Congrats. Just add some c.f. bling, to complete the look. Just my humble opinion.

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers, Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
364.1 whp 287.8 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10

Last edited by HassanEido; Sat, Jun-16-2018 at 09:58:47 PM.
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 09:49:11 PM   #15
Goose81

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Impressive that you and your brother-in-law did this. How much were materials? How many hours did you put into it? I’m fairly local to you and would love to see this car in person sometime.
Jump to top Goose81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 10:06:13 PM   #16
Turb02

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
If I'm honest I think it needs a more aggressive look to pull off this color. Those ambers totally kill it for me.A full race style csl lip , a c.f. trunk with exposed c.f., and an aggressive diffuser, maybe dive planes (though not my cup of tea but this color needs it imho)
It's just that this color by nature is flat, and was made so to tone down some aggressivness and therefore enabling them (I think), so on amber cornered stockish looking would look to tame-flat maybe. For example, Tiag is a serious color
, and those mods would look too much on it, while thiscolor sort of requires them.. you know?
An otherwise great job! Congrats. Just add some c.f. bling, to complete the look. Just my humble opinion.
I actually covered up a lot of CF while doing this job. The mirrors, CF vents on the Vorsteiner hood, diffuser, and trunk lid lip. I plan to go with black accents in the future (vents, diffuser area, etc). May even put my side skirt extensions back on...or make new ones, in black.

As for the Amber's. I like the classic look that they carry. They go well with my Amber angel eyes. Today, everyone has clear corners and I think they're played out. My opinion. Kinda like Apex wheels in almost 70% of the Ms. Not bashing the wheels at all, but they're like as$holes...everyone has one.

NOT NARDO
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 10:17:48 PM   #17
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:
I actually covered up a lot of CF while doing this job. The mirrors, CF vents on the Vorsteiner hood, diffuser, and trunk lid lip. I plan to go with black accents in the future (vents, diffuser area, etc). May even put my side skirt extensions back on...or make new ones, in black.

As for the Amber's. I like the classic look that they carry. They go well with my Amber angel eyes. Today, everyone has clear corners and I think they're played out. My opinion. Kinda like Apex wheels in almost 70% of the Ms. Not bashing the wheels at all, but they're like as$holes...everyone has one.

That works too, amber with more black accents would work.

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers, Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
364.1 whp 287.8 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-16-2018, 10:29:19 PM   #18
Turb02

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose81 View Post
Impressive that you and your brother-in-law did this. How much were materials? How many hours did you put into it? Iím fairly local to you and would love to see this car in person sometime.
Around 900 for primer, paint, and clear. Idk how much the consumables like sand paper, tape and paper/plastics we're as I took them from my dad's shop stock.

How many hours? Oh man! No clue as I worked a little here and there on it, taking it apart and sanding...couldn't even begin to guesstimate, sorry.

Nice that you're local! Be good to meet up some time!

NOT NARDO
Old Sun, Jun-17-2018, 01:33:16 AM   #19
Jerggy13

Quote:
Just south of StL.

In Ballwin here. Hope to see you around. Car looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Jerggy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-17-2018, 01:41:53 AM   #20
spnsprt

In the garage:

United States

Looks great! I think in terms of the black accents you're thinking about, getting the CF to show again on the hood vents would look awesome. Not sure how much work that would be at this point though.
Jump to top spnsprt is offline   Reply With Quote