BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 04:58:36 AM   #41
///Menace

United States

Default Re: I can't believe what these weigh - Sportline 8S - CSL Style wheel Content

Here’s some independent thought for you.

Tbone, we get it, you LOVE your wheels you bought last black Friday. That’s great and all but you’re pushing this product HARRRRD – even more so than Modbargains.

Like TheSt|G stated, Ian was giving his opinion of the wheels and there’s nothing wrong with that. Why are you so butt hurt about this? It’s not like he talked about your mother.

The title of this thread is lame. It’s used many times over on various forums with the same title and same “disbelief”. I share Ian’s “disbelief” in modbargain’s “disbelief” of these rims… “disbelief”

Why are you attacking Ian so persistently? It’s almost as if you have a stake in this promotional thread

Ian responded to your attacks once. He clarified his original remark and had no tones of anger or insult. He responded to the situation and kept his cool. Kinda like how a good moderator would act, don’t you think?

You on the other hand have been making accusations like you’re a prosecutor, you’re persistent on stirring up drama, and you’re super condescending. I’m glad you’re not a mod on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
What are you on about?

When you become a Mod, I would guess that you'd be expected by the site to refrain from those types of little jabs (especially ones that don't compute) that the average user like you and me employee freely, especially against a paying sponsor of the forum.

You've always struck me a sharp guy so I'm surprised to have to spell this one out for you.
Wow dude, get off your high horse. No need to insult him like that

If you didn’t like me before, you’re gonna hate me now.

I disliked the Sportline 8S rims I had. My issue was with the paint/finish. The rims looked like a bumper with primer. It looked very flat and didn’t have much pop or shine. I preferred the VMR Vb3’s I had prior to these much much more. Unfortunately, VB3’s are no longer made so I gave Sportline a try. Sold those immediately and went with ZCP, should have went with them in the first place
Jump to top ///Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 07:17:56 AM   #42
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: I can't believe what these weigh - Sportline 8S - CSL Style wheel Content

Sounds like you're viewing my posts from an emotional perspective rather than logical.

I'm not pushing anything & nothing I've said is incorrect or over the top.

I still haven't seen anyone explain how it's so over the top to say that these wheel weights are unbelievable - can you name another BBS style rep at the 20lb mark? (I already said ARC8s are not quite a rep, but they're awesome too).

We're used to 27lb VMR reps and along comes the sportlines for barely much more $ - pretty unbelievable to me, at least at the time when they came out (which is when the thread title was made).

Ian made an unfounded jab so I confronted him, quite simple really. If you actually think his comment was meant to be constructive or corrective, you're only fooling yourself. Had his comment made sense, I wouldn't have said a thing. You do understand that the title is advertising too right?

In this thread, I'm doing what I always do, look at things from a scientific perspective.

In my mind, these wheels are light, look like CSL wheels, have better offsets and are affordable. Am I wrong to come to that conclusion? I think my style of writing and my cold/logical approach probably rubs certain people the wrong way, but understand that this forum is a tool for me to learn about this car and it means a lot to me that the info here be accurate rather than prioritize pleasantries.

In case you didn't catch it, earlier on I disagreed with Modbargains' suggestion of a square setup. That's an example of what I was talking about earlier, that I care about good, usuable information more than siding with anyone or any product in particular.

Lastly, I don't hate you. I'm surprised you're so emotional, but I'm not going to stop posting the way I do. You'll go away at some point and I'll forget you are even here considering that you don't contribute or interact on these forums despite being a member for 7 years.

Good luck, it's a dangerous world out there.

-Evolve-R alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · eVenturi Scoop · Euro Headers|sect 1 · Besian · D/A pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings
-TMS Camber & Subf plates · RE Street Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF · SDW RTAB · ZHP knob + UUC DSSR · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs
-OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs · Sportline 8S 18x8.5/9.5" · PSS 245/275 · ss brake/clutch lines
-Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 12:25:18 PM   #43
TheSt|G
Resident Curmudgeon

In the garage:

Isle of Man

If you are trying to do Mod Bargins any favors in this thread TBone, you aren't acomplishing it with your posts.
911 Journal/Build Thread
Sold - '13 WRB BRZ Limited 6MT
Sold - '03 Lemans on Lemans E39 M5 6MT
Sold - '99 Kosmos-Schwarzes E36 5MT M3 Coupe

Quote:
No fun no care
Jump to top TheSt|G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 01:10:39 PM   #44
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
All pms replied guys
Not mine
Modified stock airbox,afe plastic intake elbow Afe prodry drop in, electric fan conversion,SSV2 catless headers, custom 2.5" dual sec1, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3,tms pulleys,Cat Cams 280 272, custom dyno tune, csl box pending
348.4 whp 283.5 wtq
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 01:59:04 PM   #45
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
I still haven't seen anyone explain how it's so over the top to say that these wheel weights are unbelievable - can you name another BBS style rep at the 20lb mark? (I already said ARC8s are not quite a rep, but they're awesome too).
The ARC8's are close enough to the BBS RC that I don't think I could tell the difference without seeing the badging. Seems like a rep to me.

BBS RC:

ARC8:

BBS RC:

ARC8:

Those aren't even the same size wheels (just the pictures I found quickly).

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car

Last edited by Obioban; Sat, Jul-29-2017 at 02:02:40 PM.
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 02:11:12 PM   #46
vp special k

Viet Nam

Jesus Christ, why does every thread turn into a ***** fest...
Jump to top vp special k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 03:38:14 PM   #47
Paulo M

United States

So pretty much these wheels are light, but not unbelievably light like the title states (especially for their size).

But I understand it's part of their advertising (click bait).
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 03:48:24 PM   #48
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

I already mentioned ARC8s Ian and that they're not a CSL rep. Can you name another? Really though, there'd have to be another CSL style wheel weighing @ 20lbs for it to make sense for you to get bent out of shape about modbargains' claim no?

-Evolve-R alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · eVenturi Scoop · Euro Headers|sect 1 · Besian · D/A pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings
-TMS Camber & Subf plates · RE Street Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF · SDW RTAB · ZHP knob + UUC DSSR · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs
-OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs · Sportline 8S 18x8.5/9.5" · PSS 245/275 · ss brake/clutch lines
-Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · Clarion 10"
Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 03:53:20 PM   #49
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
If you are trying to do Mod Bargins any favors in this thread TBone, you aren't acomplishing it with your posts.
Why would I be trying to do them any favors? I'm talking facts. Fact is there's no CSL wheel, unless someone can point one out, that's 22lbs and less for close to $1k other than these.

What's so complicated here? Am I missing something?

Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 04:32:50 PM   #50
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Everyone is having their time of the month these days..pffff..jeeezzzz chill people chilll. Im trying to buy some wheels here.
Tbone. No beef against you brother, but maybe let a small comment slide? I donno.. seems like an aweful lot of effort on ur part man. Please dont reply to my post and let's all get along it's all good fun we're all sortta friends hehe
Modified stock airbox,afe plastic intake elbow Afe prodry drop in, electric fan conversion,SSV2 catless headers, custom 2.5" dual sec1, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3,tms pulleys,Cat Cams 280 272, custom dyno tune, csl box pending
348.4 whp 283.5 wtq

Last edited by HassanEido; Sat, Jul-29-2017 at 04:43:01 PM.
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote