BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Tue, May-24-2011, 08:09:51 PM   #111
TomS2
BS Buster

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Informational thread: "Should I buy an E36 M3?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveightandten View Post
There are a lot of differences between you and me Tom. I'm not wasting any more time on you, but I think you owe it to yourself to separate your opinion with fact. Take a few minutes some time and see if you can actually find a post where I convey the things you accuse me of.

You're set in your ways and nothing in this world is going to change your attitude or your viewpoints. I accept that, and it's a lost cause arguing with you. In contrast, still have a lot of learning and growing to do, and part of that is being smart enough to be humble. Another part is not making recurring mistakes. Communicating with you is a mistake.

If you're so bent out of shape about me pulling a few posts down, maybe you should take the time to put something comparable together to replace them.

Best of luck trying to accomplish whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. I won't be hitting "view post" again.
I dont know why you think I am trying to accomplish anything.
nothing in this world is going to change your attitude or your viewpoints My views change regularly. For as long as I can remember I've called things as I see them. I also don't hold grudges. Politics makes strange bedfellows. Your adversary today may be your best friend tomorrow.
still have a lot of learning and growing to do, and part of that is being smart enough to be humble.
The day I stop learning and growing is the day I stop breathing. Instead of beating on me and preaching how smart and humble you are, do something about it. money talks, BS walks. Put the threads back together and show Sirius that you are a serious member of this community and even if he doesn't allow Jon back, and you walk away you are humble and mature enough not to spite Sirius and the other members of the community you put so much time and effort into building. Be the bigger man.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
Jump to top TomS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, May-24-2011, 11:08:53 PM   #112
OahuMPower
:FACEPALM:

United States

not spiting Serious... spiting M3F as a whole to show them how "WRONG" they are.

Pulling whatever WE post is our choice. It's our thoughts/knowledge/etc. We can post it where we feel it will serve the best purpose...
Old Wed, May-25-2011, 01:52:37 AM   #113
cmzwirner

United States

Wait.. So i have to go to BFC to real all of your informational threads?

BFC sucks. Revive dtmpower?
Jump to top cmzwirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-25-2011, 03:23:24 AM   #114
///sleeper

United States

all you guys are doing is killing off the e36 section of m3f...the vast majority of site users are in the e46 section anyhow, so nothing is going to change with the management of this site b/c the impact of a less-valuable e36 section will be a non-event

all you guys pulling the wealth of knowledge that has accumulated here are doing no service to the e36 m3 community and your "silent" protest likely isn't going to ever yield the results you want...all you're doing is killing the section...it's going to be like "rides and styling" in here.

and if you guys are walking the walk, I guess this will fall on def ears...if you do read this, then man up to your threats and never visit the site again
Old Wed, May-25-2011, 03:25:29 AM   #115
TomS2
BS Buster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by OahuMPower View Post
not spiting Serious... spiting M3F as a whole to show them how "WRONG" they are.

Pulling whatever WE post is our choice. It's our thoughts/knowledge/etc. We can post it where we feel it will serve the best purpose...
yes it is your thoughts, etc. yes you can post it where you want. yes you should give sirius a chance before pulling everything off. that's all. if after 3 days from when he locked your original thread nothing is done then I am right behind you.

you and i get our checks from the same place. you know how the system works, how nothing happens with the snap of a finger.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
Jump to top TomS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-27-2011, 02:57:45 PM   #116
PirateGenes

United States

Wait a minute.

I am new to e36 M3's and about to buy one, and now one of the most valuable resources on the web is gone. Instead of reading valuable information, I routinely read the phrase "removed." This is very frustrating not just because the information is not there, but because it once was, and has subsequently been removed. I am a bit unclear as to why this happened. So, I guess I'll have to go somewhere else...
Jump to top PirateGenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-27-2011, 03:14:05 PM   #117
white-hot
is lurking around the corner

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateGenes View Post
Wait a minute.

I am new to e36 M3's and about to buy one, and now one of the most valuable resources on the web is gone. Instead of reading valuable information, I routinely read the phrase "removed." This is very frustrating not just because the information is not there, but because it once was, and has subsequently been removed. I am a bit unclear as to why this happened. So, I guess I'll have to go somewhere else...
Yes, many of the OG's of this section have moved due to a dispute with the Mods/Admins, so all of their info has been removed and most has been relocated to DTMPower.net. The specific one here can be found there as well.
Jump to top white-hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-27-2011, 03:15:48 PM   #118
JPoland
Broken My Wallet

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///sleeper View Post
all you guys are doing is killing off the e36 section of m3f...the vast majority of site users are in the e46 section anyhow, so nothing is going to change with the management of this site b/c the impact of a less-valuable e36 section will be a non-event

all you guys pulling the wealth of knowledge that has accumulated here are doing no service to the e36 m3 community and your "silent" protest likely isn't going to ever yield the results you want...all you're doing is killing the section...it's going to be like "rides and styling" in here.

and if you guys are walking the walk, I guess this will fall on def ears...if you do read this, then man up to your threats and never visit the site again
Mike,

Visiting the site is different than not sharing information. We know that nothing will likely be done as a result of this but our e36 community is different than any of the others and if we can't have that here then we will go to a place that welcomes us and allows us to be as we are. So I don't think this is as much about making a statement as some make it out to be. I'm bummed to hear you say that though because I consider you a part of that community as well but it sounds like you aren't coming with us.

I have left my old posts up but, at least for now, I won't be making any new ones.

Jump to top JPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-27-2011, 04:15:55 PM   #119
tbaker474

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPoland View Post
Mike,

Visiting the site is different than not sharing information. We know that nothing will likely be done as a result of this but our e36 community is different than any of the others and if we can't have that here then we will go to a place that welcomes us and allows us to be as we are. So I don't think this is as much about making a statement as some make it out to be. I'm bummed to hear you say that though because I consider you a part of that community as well but it sounds like you aren't coming with us.

I have left my old posts up but, at least for now, I won't be making any new ones.
The reality of the situation is that we have two groups who feel that the rules shouldn't apply to them: some of the Mods and some of the regulars. It's a clash of egos and in the end everyone on both sides loses.
Old Fri, May-27-2011, 04:24:06 PM   #120
JPoland
Broken My Wallet

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaker474 View Post
The reality of the situation is that we have two groups who feel that the rules shouldn't apply to them: some of the Mods and some of the regulars. It's a clash of egos and in the end everyone on both sides loses.
I don't see how the regulars lose. We just went somewhere else and are now enjoying things.

Jump to top JPoland is offline   Reply With Quote