BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sun, Jun-04-2017, 08:41:36 PM   #31
Youngblood750

Default Re: CSL Front Bumper vs Stock :: Brake Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post

yep! this really show how problem solved!

and like that fornt lip spoiler too!

thanks!
Jump to top Youngblood750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jun-04-2017, 10:18:39 PM   #32
VIVAxLAxSTOOL

In the garage:

United States

Could also route ducts in a dual hole bumper for the brakes and get one of the CF ducted headlights for the intake (if you are running a CSL, eventuri, or afe). I've been considering that route myself because it would at least be a little unique.

IG: jaorugby1990

'02 BMW M3- Blk/Blk, Euro bumper, CSL style diffuser ,BMW SSK, BSW Subs, FabSpeed headers, SGT 200cell cats, SGT SCZA Muffler, Beisan Systems Oil Pump disk
Jump to top VIVAxLAxSTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-04-2017, 10:40:21 PM   #33
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVAxLAxSTOOL View Post
Could also route ducts in a dual hole bumper for the brakes and get one of the CF ducted headlights for the intake (if you are running a CSL, eventuri, or afe). I've been considering that route myself because it would at least be a little unique.
Personally, the dual-hole ruins the look for me, it just looks too "modified" and un-unique like any other car. I could see its use if you drop an S62 in (with the dual intakes) but otherwise the dual hole bumper ruins it for me. The asymmetry is what makes it look so timeless, and screams function over form (while the dual-hole looks like it's missing fog lights and reminds me of a 90's Cobra Mustang.) Personally, if I needed a dual hole bumper, I'd stick with the stock euro-bumper.

I suppose it is better than the bumper with no holes at all.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but seeing an e46 M3 is pretty damn rare where I live. Outside of the forums, every bumper would be a unique sight to see where I live, especially the CSL bumper. I only know of one person with a CSL bumper in my state. The rest that I have seen are the stock US-spec bumpers or GTR-style F&F-style bumpers.

The same goes for the CSL boot lids. They might be plentiful on the forum, but they are almost non-existent on the roads where I live.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Sun, Jun-04-2017 at 10:47:33 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-05-2017, 03:10:47 AM   #34
VIVAxLAxSTOOL

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Personally, the dual-hole ruins the look for me, it just looks too "modified" and un-unique like any other car. I could see its use if you drop an S62 in (with the dual intakes) but otherwise the dual hole bumper ruins it for me. The asymmetry is what makes it look so timeless, and screams function over form (while the dual-hole looks like it's missing fog lights and reminds me of a 90's Cobra Mustang.) Personally, if I needed a dual hole bumper, I'd stick with the stock euro-bumper.

I suppose it is better than the bumper with no holes at all.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but seeing an e46 M3 is pretty damn rare where I live. Outside of the forums, every bumper would be a unique sight to see where I live, especially the CSL bumper. I only know of one person with a CSL bumper in my state. The rest that I have seen are the stock US-spec bumpers or GTR-style F&F-style bumpers.

The same goes for the CSL boot lids. They might be plentiful on the forum, but they are almost non-existent on the roads where I live.
I'm located in CT but I've seen a couple cars with the bumper and several cars with the trunk. I wholeheartedly agree that the asymmetrical style of the CSL bumper is iconic and would be my preference as well. I love my euro bumper that I had installed in lieu of a US spec unit after an accident but I'm craving a more modified look now because so many of the cars in my area are stock (and verts).

Love that style of Mustang too!

IG: jaorugby1990

'02 BMW M3- Blk/Blk, Euro bumper, CSL style diffuser ,BMW SSK, BSW Subs, FabSpeed headers, SGT 200cell cats, SGT SCZA Muffler, Beisan Systems Oil Pump disk

Last edited by VIVAxLAxSTOOL; Mon, Jun-05-2017 at 03:15:29 AM.
Jump to top VIVAxLAxSTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-05-2017, 05:54:03 PM   #35
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Not sure to be honest, I saw the picture on IG. (Lindmown) is his IG name. Someone asked this question on his page and he just replied that it came from a local BMW parts store in Norway. A lot of his page is in Norwegian, so I'm not too sure.

I agree though, looks like one of the better 1-piece lips that I have seen as well. I still prefer the splitters though.
Probably some local off-brand then.

Thanks for the input. As much as I like the CSL bumper, I will probably just keep the stock one, because I prefer having the brake ducting.
And adding the CSL style spltters to the stock bumper make it looks pretty close.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Sportline CS8's, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk
Jump to top nasieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-05-2017, 08:23:47 PM   #36
Kalahari

United States

Funny. The splitters are what I don't like about the csl bumper and one of the bigger reasons I won't get one, even though I have an air box.
Old Mon, Jun-05-2017, 09:51:50 PM   #37
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
Funny. The splitters are what I don't like about the csl bumper and one of the bigger reasons I won't get one, even though I have an air box.
Form follows function. That front bumper and splitter combo helps to reduce front axle load by 83%.

E46 M3
Frontal Area: 2.07 m(squared)
Drag Coefficient: 0.32
Front Axle Lift: 6kg
Rear Axle Lift: 18kg

E46 M3 CSL
Frontal Area: 2.07 m(squared)
Drag Coefficient: 0.33
Front Axle Lift: 1kg
Rear Axle Lift: 10kg

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote