BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, May-30-2018, 03:50:30 PM   #361
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold

United States

Default Re: Concert fread, who have you seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsl View Post
I'll be at The Anthem tomorrow night for Jack White, first time seeing him. Based on recent setlists it should be a good mix of solo stuff, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather.
That oughta be great show. Have you been to Anthem yet? Christ what a great venue. I've seen Umphrey's, St. Vincent, Queens of the Stone Age, and I think one other there.

If you got 'super excellent' seats let me know how they are. Look amazing from the floor/higher up, but hard to tell unless you're sitting in 'em. That's the ticket I have for NIN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbmwm3 View Post
they gave away a bunch of her facemasks at the concert. u want one?
Yes plz
Old Fri, Jun-01-2018, 01:52:28 AM   #362
wsl
Mongrel Motorsports

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
That oughta be great show. Have you been to Anthem yet? Christ what a great venue. I've seen Umphrey's, St. Vincent, Queens of the Stone Age, and I think one other there.
My third time at The Anthem, saw the Lumineers and Portugal. The Man previously. All GA so far, not a bad spot in the place. I still get in early to get close to the stage but balcony seats would save my back.

Show was decent, I prefer The White Stripes selections over his recent solo stuff. Opening act was Radkey, three brothers from Missouri. Yes, they sound like the Misfits but they also put on a great show.

Last edited by wsl; Fri, Jun-01-2018 at 02:00:34 AM.
Jump to top wsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 09:12:44 PM   #363
wsl
Mongrel Motorsports

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
That's the ticket I have for NIN.
I picked up GA NIN tickets for Wed night show along with Cake w/ Ben Folds at Merriweather.
Jump to top wsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jun-15-2018, 06:32:31 PM   #364
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Helluva lineup. No Bassnectar, but after Chicago... I'm kind of glad about it. Lorin's in a dark place right now musically, and I'm not really feeling it.

Anyhow, we're already booked. Whoot
Think Bassnectar would be any better here with Glitch Mob??

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-26-2018, 05:39:06 PM   #365
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold

United States

I just flew in from the Forest and boy are my arms tired.

Amazing festival, definitely understand why they call Hulaween 'The Forest of the South.'

A little sceney with the Bassheads and EDM types, but it's a very inclusive deal.

Highlights for me were easily Clozee, Dixon's Violin, and Cheese. We missed Elohim (very late on the final night and I had a lot of shit to do to clear the Forest and get on a plane on Monday), but heard Glitch Mob from camp, and it sounded incredible.

Caught a lot of little acts I wasn't familiar with, and everywhere you pointed your eyes, there was something amazing to see. My wife got some slick moc-boots, I got a killer 'vintage' shirt from some mutual friends who are vendors, and we got a couple of little knick-knacks.

Ate very well (great brunch daily), drank a reasonable amount, and generally had the time of our lives.

Can't wait for Tomorrowland.
Old Tue, Jun-26-2018, 05:41:07 PM   #366
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

United States

RE: Bassnectar, his set was absolutely astounding, and redemptive from the acidy-aggression of the Chicago sets we caught.

I'm not sure it was the best thing I've heard him do, but he opened up with that 'classic' of his, the piano-to-full-song version of Pixies "Where is My Mind." I'd guess 50% of the attendees were there to see Lorin specifically.
Old Tue, Sep-18-2018, 08:10:38 PM   #367
M3_Dust
Intredusting

In the garage:

United States

Saw Alice in chains on Saturday, nice solid setlist with a variety of somgs from all of their albums, band sounds great and William Duvall really fits in well. I last saw them in 93, first time I've ever seen the same band 25 years apart, lot of old people at the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saag View Post
Financial security, good looking women, fine automobiles and clothing. That is how my friends and I portray ourselves to the rest of society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggb View Post
Must be horrible that you cannot afford one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastYugo View Post
people hate you and you look like a turd. GTFO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshas View Post
Terrible taste confirmed
Jump to top M3_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote