BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 08:16:30 PM   #1
EKaru

Reputation: 766 EKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru Porsha

United States

Default How did you become interested in cars?

Below are pics of me circa 1977... I was fascinated by things with wheels for as long as I can remember. My first memories involved cars. It's amazing that I never ended up in the corporate auto industry... If I could do it all over again, then that's what I would have done.

Jump to top EKaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 08:43:39 PM   #2
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: How did you become interested in cars?

In 1977 I was already working on cars and seeking my first ASE Certification. Worked on cars until 1987, then switched to cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
STFU Klong!!!!! Go Fuk Yourself!
Jump to top propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 08:44:57 PM   #3
EKaru

Reputation: 766 EKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
In 1977 I was already working on cars and seeking my first ASE Certification. Worked on cars until 1987, then switched to cooking.
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 08:52:06 PM   #4
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Parents had a black 4 on the floor 1986 Z28 that I thought was awesome. Dad is an aircraft mechanic/machinist & motorcycle racer so I've always been into machines of all types and motorsports.

Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CF CSL Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" · SS V1 2.5" sect 1· SS unres 2.5" sect 2 · SCZA 2.5" sect 3 · Besian · RE pulleys/fan delete · CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6 + GroundControl/Eibach 325/550lb + GC "tall" RSMs · Hotchkis front sway · F & R strut bars · TMS camber & subframe plates · Eibach alu rear camber arms · RE trans mounts · AKG poly subf/diff 95a · SDW RTAB · OE weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR

OE CSL trunk · Cobra Nogaros + BK + manual OE bases · TMS black pedals · Sportline 8S 18"x 8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · APEX 75mm Studs · Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL · ZHP "712" rack
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 08:52:55 PM   #5
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold

United States

Like a lot of folks, it runs in the family. Old man was a car guy, my mom’s always had a “cool” car, and various uncles and friends of the family were always around with something interesting.

I have clear pre-six y/o memories of riding in my dad’s ‘59 XK150 (fixed head coupe), his ‘68 Barracuda just after it, mom’s Karmann Ghia coupe (#aircooledforlife), and my uncle’s yellow ‘74 Corvette. Too many cars to list made deep impressions on me before I turned ten, lots of British two seaters and 60s/70s US muscle.
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 08:53:35 PM   #6
M3_Dust
@M3_Dust

In the garage:

United States

Me too, E, my dream as a kid was to be involved in the auto industry but I settled on being a professional driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saag View Post
Financial security, good looking women, fine automobiles and clothing. That is how my friends and I portray ourselves to the rest of society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggb View Post
Must be horrible that you cannot afford one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastYugo View Post
people hate you and you look like a turd. GTFO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshas View Post
Terrible taste confirmed
Jump to top M3_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 09:01:53 PM   #7
usdmej

United States

age 9 at a book fair i was deciding between a poster of a Plymouth Prowler and Ferrari F355. i took home the poster of the Prowler

to this day i still keep up to date with cars to make sure i don't get bamboozled again
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 09:07:09 PM   #8
kmfurdm
Oceania

In the garage:

England

1978 Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce and lots of car magazines from England.
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 09:24:23 PM   #9
EKaru

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
Like a lot of folks, it runs in the family. Old man was a car guy, my mom’s always had a “cool” car, and various uncles and friends of the family were always around with something interesting.

I have clear pre-six y/o memories of riding in my dad’s ‘59 XK150 (fixed head coupe), his ‘68 Barracuda just after it, mom’s Karmann Ghia coupe (#aircooledforlife), and my uncle’s yellow ‘74 Corvette. Too many cars to list made deep impressions on me before I turned ten, lots of British two seaters and 60s/70s US muscle.
That’s super cool. I wish I had a similar influence. In my case, none of my family was interested in cars and oddly I’m the one who influenced them.
Old Mon, Jun-17-2019, 09:39:47 PM   #10
Gary Powers
Taking the long way home.

In the garage:

United States

Was super into hot-wheels as a kid. Then I saw the porsche carrera gt at the LA auto show and totally fell in love.