BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials Browse this forum to locate any specials our board sponsors may be holding.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Thu, Feb-06-2014, 11:23:33 PM   #11
TuningTechFS
M3Forum Sponsor
 
TuningTechFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 385
Reputation: 0 TuningTechFS is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabmane View Post
can you PM info and price please. Thanks.
The price is on the first post but I will pm you


All pms Replied.
Jump to top TuningTechFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 03:11:39 AM   #12
bzsbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,700
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 bzsbimmer is on a distinguished road
Location: Modesto, Central Valley CA

South Korea




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpiper12 View Post
Then you can just add Evolve's SMG tune! Use the same Evolve-R cable.
I've tried to use the Evolve head/cable with the "free" FS software and it would not read so you would have to get the matching Evolve SMG upgrade

So to the general populous, I can flash my car back to stock maps and use the FS tune to just compare the SMG functionality? Would this honestly be an apple to apple comparison since I can't just upload an Evolve SMG tune "only" since it's combined with the Evolve tune.

And just in case... I'm not trying to stir the pot here. I'm not for or against one tuner or another.. just curious about both without having to sell my kidney. I can't see buying the entire FS tune with SMG option when I already purchased the Evolve tune with SMG option.
__________________
Helping the economy one mod at a time
Alpine E90 M3

Last edited by bzsbimmer; Fri, Feb-07-2014 at 03:15:19 AM.
Jump to top bzsbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 03:19:33 AM   #13
nickpiper12
Registered User
 
nickpiper12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,783
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 nickpiper12 is on a distinguished road
Location: Chicago

United States




Default TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzsbimmer View Post
I've tried to use the Evolve head/cable with the "free" FS software and it would not read.



So to the general populous, I can flash my car back to stock maps and use the FS tune to just compare the SMG functionality? Would this honestly be an apple to apple comparison.



And just in case... I'm not trying to stir the pot here. I'm not for or against one tuner or another.. just curious about both without having to sell my kidney. I can't see buying the entire FS tune with SMG option when I already purchased the Evolve tune with SMG option.

Oh gotcha! Yea the Evolve-R cable will only work with the Evolve program and files, nothing else. You need another compatible OBD-II.

If you really want to compare, buy a $30 or so OBD-II cable, download the free software, and do the free version that's explained in the coding/tuning section. It's the same thing as the TTFS SMG tune because they got it from the DIY'ers here that figured it out and are just selling it bundled with their cable/datalogging software. This was explained in another thread that it's the same thing, just TTFS offers it as an option for people who don't feel comfortable flashing themselves.

Still waiting for a response from the supposed awesome customer service here at TTFS on my question on how their software they got from the DIY'ers now is worlds beyond any software with more map changes than anyone out on the market from any vendor, including the DIY'ers themselves.

Thread explaining it's the same. Not a a bad deal though for non DIY'ers.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=465200
__________________
2003.5 E46 M3 SMG | Alpine White/Black
2000 E46 "M3T" 6MT | Steel Grey/Tanin Red
2011 E91 Touring Sport 6AT | Alpine White/Chestnut Brown

Last edited by nickpiper12; Fri, Feb-07-2014 at 03:24:37 AM.
Jump to top nickpiper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 04:52:41 AM   #14
bzsbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,700
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 bzsbimmer is on a distinguished road
Location: Modesto, Central Valley CA

South Korea




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpiper12 View Post
Oh gotcha! Yea the Evolve-R cable will only work with the Evolve program and files, nothing else. You need another compatible OBD-II.

If you really want to compare, buy a $30 or so OBD-II cable, download the free software, and do the free version that's explained in the coding/tuning section. It's the same thing as the TTFS SMG tune because they got it from the DIY'ers here that figured it out and are just selling it bundled with their cable/datalogging software. This was explained in another thread that it's the same thing, just TTFS offers it as an option for people who don't feel comfortable flashing themselves.

Still waiting for a response from the supposed awesome customer service here at TTFS on my question on how their software they got from the DIY'ers now is worlds beyond any software with more map changes than anyone out on the market from any vendor, including the DIY'ers themselves.

Thread explaining it's the same. Not a a bad deal though for non DIY'ers.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=465200
So this is what I was trying to avoid... I hint a bit of sarcasm so let's not start down that path.

I know of the free stuff however I don't have a PC nor the software to do this so I am looking more for a bundled package. I do appreciate the link/feedback
__________________
Helping the economy one mod at a time
Alpine E90 M3
Jump to top bzsbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 05:56:13 AM   #15
nickpiper12
Registered User
 
nickpiper12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,783
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 nickpiper12 is on a distinguished road
Location: Chicago

United States




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzsbimmer View Post
So this is what I was trying to avoid... I hint a bit of sarcasm so let's not start down that path.

I know of the free stuff however I don't have a PC nor the software to do this so I am looking more for a bundled package. I do appreciate the link/feedback

Just trying to be straight forward, that's all.

But as I think more, even with the bundled package, I don't think TTFS won't be able to alter your file because you won't be able to read your DME due to the file being locked. I'm not 100% sure though. Never looked into it.

Doubtful you would feel a difference between the TTFS SMG tune and the Evolve SMG. I've had both the Evolve SMG, the free software (same as TTFS), and now I'm running on an OE CSL cloned DME and honestly the Evolve has felt the best. Just haven't had time to transfer to my OE CSL cloned DME.
__________________
2003.5 E46 M3 SMG | Alpine White/Black
2000 E46 "M3T" 6MT | Steel Grey/Tanin Red
2011 E91 Touring Sport 6AT | Alpine White/Chestnut Brown
Jump to top nickpiper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 06:23:33 AM   #16
///M Powerd
Registered User
 
///M Powerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 182
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 ///M Powerd is on a distinguished road
Location: Vancouver

Canada




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash1 View Post
Just a general FYI guys, w/o giving away specific details, I can say w/about 99.99% certainty that the TTFS SMG tune encompasses quite a few more map changes than any current competitor.
Hey guys I just reflashed my DME with the TTFS CSL SMG tune and the M3 feels amazing! Upshifts at WOT are much more aggressive (I used to run at level 4 but tuned it down to 3 around town). Downshifts at high RPM sound and feel amazing (especially with my Eisenmann exhaust!) In the lower RPM range around town, the shifts feels much more smoother and predictable. The M3 pulls a lot harder too, which leads me to agree with stash in that there is more than just a remapping of the shift parameters in the upgrade.

I am extremely satisfied for $160 and would say that this is the best value for money mod I have done to date.

Thanks Frank and Justin.
Jump to top ///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 01:10:57 PM   #17
stash1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,347
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 stash1 is on a distinguished road
Location: Woodstock, MD.

United States




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzsbimmer View Post
So this is what I was trying to avoid... I hint a bit of sarcasm so let's not start down that path.
No worries man, it wasn't your doing, if you have any questions about the software, just contact Frank for details.

FYI, trolls are welcome, but there will be no troll feeding in this fread.
__________________
'04 AW/IR...some mods
Jump to top stash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 01:18:51 PM   #18
stash1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,347
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 stash1 is on a distinguished road
Location: Woodstock, MD.

United States




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Powerd View Post
Hey guys I just reflashed my DME with the TTFS CSL SMG tune and the M3 feels amazing! Upshifts at WOT are much more aggressive (I used to run at level 4 but tuned it down to 3 around town). Downshifts at high RPM sound and feel amazing (especially with my Eisenmann exhaust!) In the lower RPM range around town, the shifts feels much more smoother and predictable. The M3 pulls a lot harder too, which leads me to agree with stash in that there is more than just a remapping of the shift parameters in the upgrade.

I am extremely satisfied for $160 and would say that this is the best value for money mod I have done to date.

Thanks Frank and Justin.
Sweet, it really is amazing, thanx for sharing!
__________________
'04 AW/IR...some mods
Jump to top stash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 04:58:34 PM   #19
nickpiper12
Registered User
 
nickpiper12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,783
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 nickpiper12 is on a distinguished road
Location: Chicago

United States




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash1 View Post
No worries man, it wasn't your doing, if you have any questions about the software, just contact Frank for details.



FYI, trolls are welcome, but there will be no troll feeding in this fread.

Indicating something Mr. Stash1?

Where is this excellent customer service answering my question.
__________________
2003.5 E46 M3 SMG | Alpine White/Black
2000 E46 "M3T" 6MT | Steel Grey/Tanin Red
2011 E91 Touring Sport 6AT | Alpine White/Chestnut Brown
Jump to top nickpiper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-07-2014, 05:32:42 PM   #20
TuningTechFS
M3Forum Sponsor
 
TuningTechFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 385
Reputation: 0 TuningTechFS is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Powerd View Post
Hey guys I just reflashed my DME with the TTFS CSL SMG tune and the M3 feels amazing! Upshifts at WOT are much more aggressive (I used to run at level 4 but tuned it down to 3 around town). Downshifts at high RPM sound and feel amazing (especially with my Eisenmann exhaust!) In the lower RPM range around town, the shifts feels much more smoother and predictable. The M3 pulls a lot harder too, which leads me to agree with stash in that there is more than just a remapping of the shift parameters in the upgrade.

I am extremely satisfied for $160 and would say that this is the best value for money mod I have done to date.

Thanks Frank and Justin.
I am happy you like it.
Jump to top TuningTechFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing TuningTech FS | SMG Software Upgrade in the M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials Forum - Browse this forum to locate any specials our board sponsors may be holding. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)