BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Tue, Aug-10-2010, 09:13:20 PM   #31
cosmos///m3
MMMmmmmmm....

United States

I grew up in KC for a few years about 6-8 years ago... I actually go back every so often now. The girlfriend is currently doing interviews for the UMKC dental program, if all goes well I will be moving back to KC in a year or two.

I went to KC about a month ago actually and met a few guys here off the forums all really cool guys, unfortunately I dont recall any of there names except "PerkM3" maybe he can chime in... Real cool guy....

As for the city, I have heard that there is currently a huge $$$ restoration of some sort to better the downtown area... Things are definitely nicer now then when I lived there as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hum3a
man i need a fu<kin wife to run errands for me......fu<k grocery shopping
Jump to top cosmos///m3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Aug-10-2010, 09:52:56 PM   #32
mike27t
fukface

In the garage:
Reputation: 0 mike27t has much to be proud ofmike27t has much to be proud of

Armenia

Do you have friends or family in KC?

Not familiar with KC, however a few years back I was also considering moving out of state. Opportunity presented itself to move to AZ with my company while receiving a significant increase to my Los Angeles salary. The gf was on board and we even started building a house out there. In the end due to the economic downturn we ended up staying in Los Angeles and losing a few thousand dollars on the construction. At the time AZ seemed like such a great idea. We were building a nice house for, my career was moving in the right direction, and we were considering starting a family, but I think I would have wanted to come back home after a few months and am glad I never made it out there.

I think we all want change at times and a lot of us feel we can just pack up and move without remorse. I myself know I would have left, but feeling the way I feel now I know I would have wanted to move back to be closer to friends and family.

Old Project

New Project

Greatest thread on M3F <---- Click
Jump to top mike27t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-11-2010, 03:14:33 AM   #33
cstern

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Macculate View Post
Cost of living is definitely conducive to saving around here! A few have recommended Lawrence but if you're over 24 and over the bar hopping/getting schitfaced/party all night stage, probably not the best. Check out the Overland Park area.
I would also suggest Leawood. About the same as OP, except nicer. It would be considered a "rich" area on the KS side. MO side would be cheaper to live in. I'm less familiar with that side as I feel no reason I want to be in Missouri except to go to class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
As for the city, I have heard that there is currently a huge $$$ restoration of some sort to better the downtown area... Things are definitely nicer now then when I lived there as a kid.
The Power and Light district downtown is part of that. Its nice, but mostly bar scene. A lot of the rebuilding is expensive lofts and there is a lack of public tranportation so I don't really get the point. It looks nice, but not much to offer unless you are looking for that. I would prefer a house with a garage.

Basically the older downtown area is somewhat ghetto, but getting better in some areas.
Jump to top cstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-11-2010, 01:22:42 PM   #34
Porsha
Meh

In the garage:
Reputation: 45 Porsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha Porsha

England

I'll look up Leawood as well then. Given what I've seen, the cost of living is way lower than where I am now which means I could afford to live in a nicer area with better schools.
Jump to top Porsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-12-2010, 06:27:14 AM   #35
ferrari4ali
Not the Stig

United States

Lived in KC for more than half my life (specifically in Olathe/Overland Park area) and also spent a couple of years in Lawrence while going to KU and will be moving to the Plaza in the near future. I know a lot of information is already presented in the thread, but feel free to ask me any specific questions if you like.

Where exactly are you working?
Old Thu, Aug-12-2010, 06:59:12 PM   #36
Porsha
Meh

In the garage:
Reputation: 45 Porsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha PorshaPorsha Porsha

England

Let me ask this guys - if I wanted to live on the Missouri side of the border - what would the nice areas be?
Jump to top Porsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-13-2010, 03:54:33 AM   #37
ferrari4ali
Not the Stig

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
Let me ask this guys - if I wanted to live on the Missouri side of the border - what would the nice areas be?
Lees Summit is a good option, maybe I missed it but where are you working? What part of KC?
Old Fri, Aug-13-2010, 04:35:37 AM   #38
zeuiax

United States

do etttttt at least you will have access to Boulevard and schlafly.
Jump to top zeuiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-13-2010, 04:40:03 AM   #39
///Macculate
Dentard

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4ali View Post
Lees Summit is a good option, maybe I missed it but where are you working? What part of KC?
Yea I was also going to suggest Lee's Summit if you were looking on the MO side.

2017 X6
997.2 GT3
Jump to top ///Macculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-13-2010, 04:40:23 AM   #40
AMoRT

United States

I live in Leawood, it's a great area. I actually love it here, Johnson County is great, and the city isn't so bad either. The knew Kauffman performing arts center downtown is awesome, the Sprint Center is pretty cool too.

Also, the new and improved Kauffman stadium and Arrowhead stadium are extremely legit. MLB all star game here in 2012!

And to the comment about there only being 1 other porsche in the state... that made me lol. Johnson county is a very wealthy county, but a great place to raise a family

All in all, inner city is decent, but the suburbs here are where it's at.