BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Aug-05-2016, 04:55:25 AM   #11
meekrob

United States

Default Re: Help with Square CSL tire size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgill View Post
I'm running TK D/As with Pilot Cups 265/30/19. 12.5mm spacer on the back. Pretty happy with it. Performs well and IMHO looks pretty good with the low profile. Couple of pics:

Yeah if I was going with a 265 then profile would be 30... but with 255 I think a 35 would be best.

Your car looks good man! But those are those rear square csls in the pics? And I should also have mentioned, my m3 is a garage queen lol I take it out every now and then, no racing or tracking or anything, just cruising around town a few times a month that's all... just wanted it to look dope!
Jump to top meekrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 04:09:46 PM   #12
ThrowinShapes

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrob View Post
Lol it's funny you commented, I was actually checking out your journal yesterday...

Your ride definitely looked good with the square csl's, but just some things I thought i'd mention, in some of the pics, it seems like the front end was sitting higher than the rear...?

Like in this one:

Were your fenders rolled? My front's are rolled, rears aren't. If necessary I will roll the rears too so I can fit the spacers and be sitting flush with the fender, but I don't want the rear end to look like it's sitting lower than the front if you see what I mean...
Both front and rears are rolled. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your implying, but fender rolling is not visible from outside the car. That picture was from the PO, but when I got the car, it was riding at 12.9in F / 13.1in R.

It seems pretty typical on M3F to see the ride heights of about 0.5in higher in the front (hub center to fender).

[06' AW/Cinnamon] [6MT] [Slicktop] [Manual Seats]
Journal - Update 2017-02-28

FS: Center Console | US Headers / Rear O2 | Rent: SIR B90-BMW Rear Wheel Bearing Tool

Jump to top ThrowinShapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-09-2016, 02:13:03 AM   #13
meekrob

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowinShapes View Post
Both front and rears are rolled. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your implying, but fender rolling is not visible from outside the car. That picture was from the PO, but when I got the car, it was riding at 12.9in F / 13.1in R.

It seems pretty typical on M3F to see the ride heights of about 0.5in higher in the front (hub center to fender).

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't implying anything about the fenders being rolled having to do anything with how the front end looked like it was sitting higher. For a second there I confused fender "rolling" and "pulling". But that wouldn't have anything to do with the height comment either lol those were two totally separate comments/questions.

Have you changed the tire/suspension setup on the square csl's after you bought the car? Any pics of it?

I think I'm pretty set on the 245/35 fronts and 255/35 rears. I've already got a good set of 255 pirelli pzero's for the rears, just looking for a set of 245's for the fronts now, trying to avoid buying new since I only drive the car like...once a week lol.

But if I have to, this site has the cheapest prices I've seen so far:
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/

My main concern was with the tire brand, idk that much about how different brands stretch/sit. But I didn't want Michelin's to sit different than Pzeros or Sport Maxx.
Old Tue, Aug-09-2016, 03:39:10 AM   #14
ThrowinShapes

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrob View Post
Have you changed the tire/suspension setup on the square csl's after you bought the car? Any pics of it?
Nope, all the photos in my journal (after purchase) have the same setup .

Tires: 265/30-19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2
Ride Height: 12.9 F / 13.1 R
Camber -3.0 F / -2.1 R
Spacer: 0mm F / 10mm R

[06' AW/Cinnamon] [6MT] [Slicktop] [Manual Seats]
Journal - Update 2017-02-28

FS: Center Console | US Headers / Rear O2 | Rent: SIR B90-BMW Rear Wheel Bearing Tool

Jump to top ThrowinShapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-09-2016, 05:07:50 AM   #15
meekrob

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowinShapes View Post
Nope, all the photos in my journal (after purchase) have the same setup .

Tires: 265/30-19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2
Ride Height: 12.9 F / 13.1 R
Camber -3.0 F / -2.1 R
Spacer: 0mm F / 10mm R

ohh you have 265/30 all around? My bad I didn't see that in your first post. That's probably why in your sig pic it seems like the front end sits higher than usual, maybe it's just cuz the rear wheels are kind of tucked into the fender and the fronts are more flush, idk lol all the other pics of your car look great though.

And what do you mean by the two ride height measurements, like where are you measuring from?
Old Thu, Aug-25-2016, 03:00:50 AM   #16
meekrob

United States

malskdfal

Last edited by meekrob; Sat, Apr-15-2017 at 04:49:50 AM.
Old Thu, Aug-25-2016, 05:08:38 AM   #17
meekrob

United States

Just a little update, so I ordered oem square csl from ECS, opened them up after receiving, noticed a few of them were damaged and had what it seemed like curb rash/chipped edges. Sent them back for replacements and waiting for the two to come in now.

I did however mount the 255/35/19 Pirelli PZero's on the ones that weren't damaged and test fitted one of them for a quick preview, keep in mind that I still want to lower the rear a bit more to make the fender sit flush with the tire and add a spacer as well, I know I can go to 285/30 but don't want the tire to look too bulky or big, wanted to get that look like the IB I posted in the op... but ever tire is different. The IB m3 in the OP has Hankook's 255/35, I have Pirelli P Zero's in the same size 255/35.

Anyone have any opinions/suggestions? Tire too small or the fitment I'm going for? Upgrade to a 265/30 or 275/30? If I upgrade, I think 265/30 on rears would be key for this kind of setup, fronts I have 245/35 but still have not gotten the replacements yet so who knows how those will look.

Last edited by meekrob; Thu, Aug-25-2016 at 05:13:40 AM.
Old Thu, Aug-25-2016, 05:09:32 AM   #18
meekrob

United States

fasdfasf

Last edited by meekrob; Sat, Apr-15-2017 at 04:50:00 AM.
Old Thu, Aug-25-2016, 06:56:32 AM   #19
leeboysf

United States

Default Help with Square CSL tire size!

It might be too late but Fairfax BMW has the cheapest ZCP wheels for sale online. I got my set of square wheels for under $1600. Also I went with 265/30/19 all around. I have 12mm spacers in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by leeboysf; Thu, Aug-25-2016 at 07:07:01 AM.
Jump to top leeboysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-25-2016, 07:10:17 AM   #20
meekrob

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboysf View Post
It might be too late but Fairfax of BMW has the cheapest ZCP wheels for sale online. I got my set of square wheels for under $1600. Also I went with 265/30/19 all around. I have 12mm spacers in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car looks good!

Any more side shots of it, wanted to see how fronts and rears sat when parked.

Also, could you paste a link to bmw fairax site you ordered the wheels from? I googled them but couldn't seem to find the page for wheels.

...and does anyone have any idea why my pictures are acting weird? Sometimes they show, sometimes they don't, I put like 9 pictures in the last couple posts and only 2 of them showed. I edited the ad again and then all of them were there, and now after revisiting the thread nothing seems to show up in my last posts...???