BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jul-20-2013, 10:26:31 PM   #201
bradnic

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: M3 - NFL running back style: TC Kline suspension, RTAB and OEM brake upgrade

thank gawd for archive.org. no idea what's going on with deleting DIY info. whatever the feud is the community suffers for it.

UPDATE: didn't realize the DIY came from The McLaren Guy.. wow. Anyway info's still available at the link.

http://web.archive.org/web/200710250...d.php?t=179844

Also anyone considering TCK D/As, do not hesitate to contact TC Kline. TC is very personable and helped me through a bunch of stuff.

Last edited by bradnic; Sat, Jul-20-2013 at 11:46:24 PM.
Jump to top bradnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jul-20-2013, 10:27:49 PM   #202
Karbon
Back to Basics

United States

Default Re: M3 - NFL running back style: TC Kline suspension, RTAB and OEM brake upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnic View Post
since the pics appear to be missing, can anyone shoot a pic of their camber plates installed? from the top is fine, great if you can shoot a pic from underneath too.

MANY thanks.
What do you need to know; the orientation or how to stack the camber plates with the washers?
Jump to top Karbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jul-20-2013, 10:37:14 PM   #203
bradnic

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCarbonBlack View Post
What do you need to know; the orientation or how to stack the camber plates with the washers?
orientation most importantly. If you're new to this stuff there's no install doc. This DIY was the only thing I've found online and it had deleted info : this was the key pic I was looking for - if you read the thread it's no longer here.

believe it or not, I couldn't find a pic like that anywhere.

What washers are you referring to btw?

As to why I'm wondering about this, just bought my M3 earlier this year and was fortunate enough to have a full TCK D/A setup with it. It was a bit weird though as it had E36 plates installed! My guess is TC didn't have E46 plates early on and the original purchaser figured out how to use E36 plates. It didn't seem to look right though as the camber and caster adjustment angles didn't appear to be in the right place. So bottom line it was a hacked install.

As to ride, I second alot of the comments here. the setup is quite driveable for DD use (I have 550/600 last I checked). TC is also a terrific guy, very hands on and extremely helpful over the phone. I rebuilt the camber plates with new parts but have just now but Obioban's set of E46 plates, so I should be 'legit' soon enough..

Thanks for your reply
Jump to top bradnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 04:23:07 AM   #204
Karbon
Back to Basics

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnic View Post
orientation most importantly. If you're new to this stuff there's no install doc. This DIY was the only thing I've found online and it had deleted info : this was the key pic I was looking for - if you read the thread it's no longer here.

believe it or not, I couldn't find a pic like that anywhere.

What washers are you referring to btw?

As to why I'm wondering about this, just bought my M3 earlier this year and was fortunate enough to have a full TCK D/A setup with it. It was a bit weird though as it had E36 plates installed! My guess is TC didn't have E46 plates early on and the original purchaser figured out how to use E36 plates. It didn't seem to look right though as the camber and caster adjustment angles didn't appear to be in the right place. So bottom line it was a hacked install.

As to ride, I second alot of the comments here. the setup is quite driveable for DD use (I have 550/600 last I checked). TC is also a terrific guy, very hands on and extremely helpful over the phone. I rebuilt the camber plates with new parts but have just now but Obioban's set of E46 plates, so I should be 'legit' soon enough..

Thanks for your reply
That looks like the correct orientation in the picture. As long as the camber plates adjust along the direction of the camber movement on the plates, then you have them in the right direction.

The washers I was referring to were the ones that placed in between the bushings and the camber plate on the rod of the strut. Don't worry about it as it looks like your plates are already installed on your struts.

Looks like another member posted the DIY with the pictures in the post above .
Jump to top Karbon is offline   Reply With Quote