BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Tue, Dec-05-2017, 12:55:52 AM   #81
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Evo E9x M3 buyers guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46Dawg View Post
Any car can have a failure, but I'm not aware of any significant problems on the 2012+ c63's. Would like to know if you've come across anything like the bearing lottery of the e9x. Genuinely curious.

Also, where am I bashing your precious car? Just because I bring up legit concerns like bearings, DCT lag from standstill and also mention that I think the exhaust is underwhelming doesn't mean I think it's a piece of shit.
If you think the dct slip is an issue, I’d say the entire c63 transmission is an issue— especially in manual mode.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Dec-05-2017, 01:09:33 AM   #82
e46Dawg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
I don't follow MB's to know specific issues but I know other members here that were as enthusiastic as you and then turned the car in after a year...
You may not have a lottery issue like the bearing but chances are you be paying more for electrical and other shit breaking during your ownership.
My issue was not you bringing up some of the known issues, heck i agreed with you on slipping DCT, all along i said car has issues and sound is not one of them but as clearly quoted above you kept rambling about a nonissue making it clear you just here to trash a fine car. Now if you want a torquey car with a slushbox, you have got the right car, nothing wrong with that, I prefer the character and dynamics of the M3 much better
We have no shortage of members here who pretty quickly regretted their e9x purchases as well.

Perhaps I should have just let it go when you and others had differing opinions regarding sound. To be fair, I wasn't the only one who expressed disappointment in it. I was extremely close to buying a 2011 e90 ZCP, so I appreciate the car. My frustration with the bearings and DCT lag are greater because I really wanted the car, but couldn't deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
If you think the dct slip is an issue, I’d say the entire c63 transmission is an issue— especially in manual mode.
I completely understand if someone has a poor opinion of the trans in the c63. There is a terrible delay in the paddles in manual mode. Thing is though, in full auto mode its pretty damn good. Especially S+. It seems to always find the right gear and holds gears nicely as well. As a dd and in auto mode, it was far better than the DCT, imo.
Jump to top e46Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-05-2017, 01:40:55 PM   #83
SocratesRising
Chess is King

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voss View Post
Hmm, perhaps this would be a better alternative to a Toyota Camry tho. I was thinking about getting an E90 and bullet proofing as much as possible and using as a family car.
I'm lurking here with the same thought. Boring or not, it has to be better than an SUV, Honda Odyssey or current state: Ford Focus? That said, someone please talk me out of wanting an e92 as the family car...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Slicktop * Cloth Seats * AS SSK * Besian

“All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed
in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Jump to top SocratesRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-05-2017, 01:44:50 PM   #84
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Having a sporty, enjoyable to drive car makes me happy every morning when I arrive at work and every night when I arrive home. It makes my life better.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-05-2017, 01:57:09 PM   #85
SQ13

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
I'm lurking here with the same thought. Boring or not, it has to be better than an SUV, Honda Odyssey or current state: Ford Focus? That said, someone please talk me out of wanting an e92 as the family car...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Rod bearings