BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > F80 M3 (Sedan) / F82 M4 (Coupe) / F83 M4 (Convertible) : (2015-TBD)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

F80 M3 (Sedan) / F82 M4 (Coupe) / F83 M4 (Convertible) : (2015-TBD) Discuss the 5th Generation M3

Old Fri, Apr-07-2017, 11:21:33 AM   #11
jez_zza

Spain

Default Re: M3 F80 Voodoo Blue

As promised ....

I have recently installed the Arma Speed intake and wanted to give you my thought on the system and install.

After adding DPs from Akra and Rear from Eisenmann, I was keen to change the intake system in order to “enhance “ the sound experience or more precisely the turbo spools.
In addition to this I was keen to give bit of “bling” to the busy engine bay by adding new parts in carbon fibre & increase performances.

After looking around various system out there I was set on the Intake system from the guys at Arma Speed.
Before the purchase I sent couple of queries to Arma Speed who were very responsive and answered most of my questions in no time.
My main concerns were around fitment/error codes but the Arma team confirmed that the system had a direct bolt on feature and no error code would be detected after the install.
The delivery was also fast and the item was delivered just a week after the purchase (I’m based in Spain)

Each of the pieces were wrapped individually and well protected. I took the time to check each of the pieces one by one, looking for damages, scratches but all of them were faultless!
The finish on each of the parts was also outstanding and the carbon weave was flawless … I can tell since I had bad experience in the past with another company selling carbon parts

In the box came also the installation manual in colour and a USB stick. Nice touch!

The install was performed by my local shop and it was executed in 1:30 hour
They confirmed that all parts were a perfect fit and no manual adjustment were needed… so far so good

Now the sound. When I initially started the engine I could not really hear a major difference which was expected
However, after revving the car I could hear the whoosh from the turbos building up and dropping as soon as I let off the throttle. Exactly what I expected and wanted to hear

When driving with windows closed you can hear the system working is magic but the sound in the cabin is not intrusive at all…
If you however open slightly the windows, you can hear very well the intake sucking the air followed by the whoosh as soon as you left off the throttle.
I have also tried with the valves open/closed as I have a EVC module and I tend to like it the sound more of the intake with the valves closed.
I only had the system for a week now and done 300 miles but so far so good, no issues whatsoever.

When it comes to performances, it’s difficult to comment on this early stage and will probably notice is more when I push the car on the circuit (soon..)
However, I have noticed an improvement with the torque and the car appears to be pulling stronger

I am for now sharing a couple of pics of the install and I’m also in the process of putting videos and I will be updating regularly this thread
From the last pic you can also notice air scoops behind the kidneys grill which makes the look a bit more agressive ( well at least to me )

All in all, I am very happy with the package … the engine bay looks now the part with all the carbon pieces, the sound of the intake is glorious and the extra performances are very welcome
So yeah, I definitely recommend the Arma Speed intake for all the above reason to my fellow ///M Drivers

I am also posting regularly on my Instagram, feel free to follow: JEZ_ZZA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6138.jpg (171.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6140.jpg (125.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6180.jpg (203.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6216.jpg (310.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg M3_intake.jpg (299.6 KB, 50 views)
Jump to top jez_zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-07-2017, 11:49:52 AM   #12
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

looks stunning
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-08-2017, 08:22:20 AM   #13
jez_zza

Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
looks stunning
thank you
Jump to top jez_zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-04-2017, 03:19:07 PM   #14
killa_e46