BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, Apr-17-2019, 06:07:47 PM   #1371
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: HBO's "Game of Thrones" MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-17-2019, 08:23:00 PM   #1372
BlazenXLT
We've had one yes, what about second breakfast?

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
I figured not too much would happen and that no one would die. Looking forward to the typical escalation in coming episodes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post
Set the stage quite nicely for entire season.
Agreed, they had a spend one episode setting the stage and getting through all the reunions. I expect things to ramp up quickly.
Old Fri, Apr-19-2019, 10:22:46 PM   #1373
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-19-2019, 10:38:51 PM   #1374
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

catcher's mitts with bubonic plague

Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" · SS V1 S pipes 2.5" · OE sect 2 · SCZA 2.5" sect 3 · Besian · RE pullies · fan/SAP/washer/fog delete · CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6 + GroundControl/Eibach 325/550lb + GC "tall" RSMs · Hotchkis front sway (med) · rear strut bar · TMS camber & subframe plates · Eibach alu rear camber arms · RE trans mounts · AKG poly subf/diff 95a · SDW RTAB · OE weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR + delrin bushing

OE CSL trunk · Cobra Nogaros + BK + manual OE bases · TMS black pedals · Sportline 8S 18"x 8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · APEX 75mm Studs · Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL · ZHP "712" rack · Pioneer/CDT/Eclipse/Kicker
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-22-2019, 03:46:51 PM   #1375
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

So at the start of last season, we knew that there were still two main wars coming: Live vs Dead; Cersei vs everyone else.

After last night, there are now FOUR episodes remaining. And we still have two main wars coming: Live vs Dead; Cersei vs everyone else.

They need a contract extension or something. This is dumb. There's no way they can get through everything without rushing it a ton. Even if the entire Night King and Bran storyline somehow wraps up next week, three episodes isn't nearly enough time to cover all the rest. This is a show with as much detail as any since the Wire (actually it's probably still an order of magnitude more detailed than that), one which spent six freaking seasons just having Dany float around Essos, and now we're going to settle the entire score in a couple hours? F that.

Also, F Dany. She's the worst.
Jump to top Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-22-2019, 04:03:57 PM   #1376
LALaw

Canada

Danerious is certainly starting to look less ideal as a ruler and more and more inflexible. There's so much conflict pending between her and Sansa, her and Jon Snow, and her and Sirsee.

Remember that HBO announced that some episodes would be 1.5 hours. I expect the final 3 episodes will each hit that amount. I don't see how the Iron Throne issue will be dealt with properly, but it necessarily has to take a backseat to everything else. Heck, maybe the White Walkers roll through the North and come for the Throne, leaving only a ragtag bunch behind to engage them.
Jump to top LALaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-22-2019, 04:10:10 PM   #1377
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

They've already released the episode lengths. They're over an hour, but not nearly as gratuitously as Sons of Anarchy's final season.

I am surprised I haven't read any theories that the actual Clegane Bowl will happen between two undead brothers. The Mountain pretty much already is undead (I wonder if that will be meaningful), and The Hound is almost certain to get got in this next episode. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if basically everyone died next week, the dead marched on to King's Landing, Sandor kills Gregor, Zombie Jamie kills Cersei, and then Bran pulls some kind of Bran shit - possibly aided by Arya face-swapping with him somehow and sacrificing herself - and undoes the entire thing in the end because he has been the Night King all along. Or something. Leaving stupid Dany and Jon alive to rule over almost nothing.
Old Mon, Apr-22-2019, 05:09:42 PM   #1378
LALaw

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
They've already released the episode lengths. They're over an hour, but not nearly as gratuitously as Sons of Anarchy's final season.

I am surprised I haven't read any theories that the actual Clegane Bowl will happen between two undead brothers. The Mountain pretty much already is undead (I wonder if that will be meaningful), and The Hound is almost certain to get got in this next episode. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if basically everyone died next week, the dead marched on to King's Landing, Sandor kills Gregor, Zombie Jamie kills Cersei, and then Bran pulls some kind of Bran shit - possibly aided by Arya face-swapping with him somehow and sacrificing herself - and undoes the entire thing in the end because he has been the Night King all along. Or something. Leaving stupid Dany and Jon alive to rule over almost nothing.
And if your scenario was right, then they both fought each other over the remains
Jump to top LALaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-22-2019, 05:38:04 PM   #1379
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if basically everyone died next week, the dead marched on to King's Landing, Sandor kills Gregor, Zombie Jamie kills Cersei, and then Bran pulls some kind of Bran shit - possibly aided by Arya face-swapping with him somehow and sacrificing herself - and undoes the entire thing in the end because he has been the Night King all along. Or something. Leaving stupid Dany and Jon alive to rule over almost nothing.
This actually seems plausible

This past episode was us being able to say "goodbye" to our favorite characters... before they all die So I get why it was slow.

Next episodes are longer in length. Better be fukking epic!

Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" · SS V1 S pipes 2.5" · OE sect 2 · SCZA 2.5" sect 3 · Besian · RE pullies · fan/SAP/washer/fog delete · CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6 + GroundControl/Eibach 325/550lb + GC "tall" RSMs · Hotchkis front sway (med) · rear strut bar · TMS camber & subframe plates · Eibach alu rear camber arms · RE trans mounts · AKG poly subf/diff 95a · SDW RTAB · OE weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR + delrin bushing

OE CSL trunk · Cobra Nogaros + BK + manual OE bases · TMS black pedals · Sportline 8S 18"x 8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · APEX 75mm Studs · Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL · ZHP "712" rack · Pioneer/CDT/Eclipse/Kicker
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-22-2019, 06:20:10 PM   #1380
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

I read another theory that Dany and Jon would end up fighting each other. Three heads of the dragon and all... but it's not plausible because Jon doesn't give a shit enough to fight her for a title.