BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Fri, Apr-19-2019, 02:05:35 PM   #71
P3trolPete
Registered User
 
P3trolPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 490
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 P3trolPete is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenty View Post
WTF... I am a bigger chicken than I thought.
same..
Jump to top P3trolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Apr-21-2019, 09:55:07 PM   #72
nholmes
Track Junky
 
nholmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,339
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 nholmes is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Car: E36 M3
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park
Configuration: CW13
Best Lap Time: 2:05.79
Brakes: OEM Calipers, G-loc R12 pads, ATE Super Blue
Suspension: MCS 1-Way Coilovers
Tire: Nitto NT01
Other Mods: See video description
Weight w/driver: 3118
Notes: These NT01s have 37 heat cycles on them. They were creating some over and understeer which I think helped to hold back my times a little.


2:05.79 nholmes E36 M3 (G-Loc R12, MCS 1 way 600/700, NT01's, 3118lbs w/driver)
__________________
Check out my build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
Are you feeling loose in the rear end currently?
Jump to top nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 02:45:51 AM   #73
Kwakjoe
Registered User
 
Kwakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,728
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Kwakjoe is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes View Post
Car: E36 M3
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park
Configuration: CW13
Best Lap Time: 2:05.79
Brakes: OEM Calipers, G-loc R12 pads, ATE Super Blue
Suspension: MCS 1-Way Coilovers
Tire: Nitto NT01
Other Mods: See video description
Weight w/driver: 3118
Notes: These NT01s have 37 heat cycles on them. They were creating some over and understeer which I think helped to hold back my times a little.

https://youtu.be/nbynZ_g947Q

2:05.79 nholmes E36 M3 (G-Loc R12, MCS 1 way 600/700, NT01's, 3118lbs w/driver)
Sell it and buy a E46 M3 so you can go sub-2
__________________
Jump to top Kwakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 07:57:42 PM   #74
nholmes
Track Junky
 
nholmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,339
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 nholmes is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakjoe View Post
Sell it and buy a E46 M3 so you can go sub-2
Never!

I'll eventually get an S54 and 295s.

__________________
Check out my build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
Are you feeling loose in the rear end currently?
Jump to top nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 08:21:40 PM   #75
ctdriver86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 198
Reputation: 0 ctdriver86 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

A bit long overdue, but back in october I PB'd at buttonwillow 13CW, from 2:07 to 2:04.177

Car: E46 M3
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park
Configuration: CW13
Best Lap Time: 2:04.177
Brakes: OEM non zcp Calipers, FR- DS2500, RR-Powerstop track day, Endless fluid
Suspension: KW V2
Tire: 255/35/18 AD08R, 5 track days
Other Mods: SCZA Section 3 Muffler
Weight w/driver: Full interior, recaro pole position with sunroof
Notes:

I'm just wrapping up my new rebuilt motor. Goal is to go sub 2 on the same setup, just switch to a 265 tire. Motor will have a little more power with euro headers and hi flo cats.

Last edited by ctdriver86; Tue, Apr-23-2019 at 08:31:05 PM.
Jump to top ctdriver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 08:27:59 PM   #76
Nate047
Registered User
 
Nate047's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,444
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Nate047 is on a distinguished road
Location: Venice CA

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Nice job Noah! You're getting quicker every time, it's just a matter of patience and digging a little deeper each time now. I think the car is set up well.

I had my first go around Laguna Seca this past weekend. Joe, I saw your car in the paddock but didn't have the chance to come over and introduce myself. But I will next time, and there will definitely be a next time... Holy **** that's a fun track. I'm sorry but I just really, really enjoyed myself this weekend. I didn't go "fast" but I think by the end of the day I had learned the track decently. My biggest issues were braking early and not carrying as much speed as I could have been, through pretty much the whole track. But regardless I thoroughly enjoyed my time and look forward to doing that again, hopefully once more this year.

1:49.74 Nate047 E36 M3 (KW Clubsport, ST sway bars, Powerflex street bushings, PFC 08 pads, full stock interior, OEM GT wing and splitter, 245 Hankook RS-4, BimmerWorld TA:16 wheels, 3400lbs w driver)

Couple pics my wife took





__________________

http://www.natehasslerphoto.com

Last edited by Nate047; Tue, Apr-23-2019 at 10:10:43 PM.
Jump to top Nate047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 08:38:11 PM   #77
D_Eclipse9916
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 369
Reputation: 0 D_Eclipse9916 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedCommie View Post
We need video!
Sorry I don't have much, during that time I had a flaky Smartycam. Watkins Glen it took a crap, and I have only been there once; so no follow up. I lost a trailing arm in 2017 and have struggled to get the new car reliable since. Really hoping to find the secret sauce this year to keeping the car together.

VIR

Lap from this past weekend, unfortunately slower than my personal best as my bumper ripped off from the downforce of the splitter and it kept hitting the ground. Hint: dont secure your splitter to the composite bumper support. It can at least give an idea of Summit Point though.


Jump to top D_Eclipse9916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 08:46:53 PM   #78
ThunderMoose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,987
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 ThunderMoose is on a distinguished road
Location: Gonzales

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Eclipse9916 View Post
Sorry I don't have much, during that time I had a flaky Smartycam. Watkins Glen it took a crap, and I have only been there once; so no follow up. I lost a trailing arm in 2017 and have struggled to get the new car reliable since. Really hoping to find the secret sauce this year to keeping the car together.



VIR

1:57 3 VIR TT2 - YouTube



Lap from this past weekend, unfortunately slower than my personal best as my bumper ripped off from the downforce of the splitter and it kept hitting the ground. Hint: dont secure your splitter to the composite bumper support. It can at least give an idea of Summit Point though.





SCHD0065 - YouTube


I have watched your VIR TT2 video many many times.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________


#67 2019 NASA National TT3 Champion; 2017 NASA TX TT3 Champion

FLMS Half Cage, RaceTech 4009HR drivers seat, Schroth 6-Pt Harness, E.S.S. Fire System, AIM SOLO DL with ECU Harness, SmartyCam, Angle Aluminum with VAC dead pedal, Sparco Steering Wheel on MOMO hub, MCS 2W NR, Hyperco 700F 800R springs, Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway bars, Vorshlag Camber Plates, Turner ARCA, AJ Hartman Front Splitter, BW V2 Wing, BW CF Rear Diffuser, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Brembo BBK Front, Carbon Fiber Roof, CF Headlight Blanks, Door Windows and Cards Delete, TMS rear and front subframe reinforcement, Zionsville Competition Cooler, BW Oil Cooler, Oil Diverter Valve, Motorsports Thermostat, Evolve CF Intake, Epic Stepped Headers, Turner Pulleys, BW 3.5" Race Exhaust, EPIC Alpha N Tune, Beisan Oil Disk and Vanos Seals, ZF 5MT, CAE Ultra Shifter

My track journal: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=509148
Jump to top ThunderMoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 08:51:50 PM   #79
D_Eclipse9916
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 369
Reputation: 0 D_Eclipse9916 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
I have watched your VIR TT2 video many many times.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah a shame I havent been able to try to beat it the past couple years with all the issues. Maybe October VIR. It's great because everyone in ST3 is getting faster with the competition. Should be a good year with ST3/TT3. Introduce yourself next time at a NASA MA event.

Last edited by D_Eclipse9916; Tue, Apr-23-2019 at 08:56:40 PM.
Jump to top D_Eclipse9916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-23-2019, 11:25:24 PM   #80
Kwakjoe
Registered User
 
Kwakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,728
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Kwakjoe is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

United States




Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
Nice job Noah! You're getting quicker every time, it's just a matter of patience and digging a little deeper each time now. I think the car is set up well.

I had my first go around Laguna Seca this past weekend. Joe, I saw your car in the paddock but didn't have the chance to come over and introduce myself. But I will next time, and there will definitely be a next time... Holy **** that's a fun track. I'm sorry but I just really, really enjoyed myself this weekend. I didn't go "fast" but I think by the end of the day I had learned the track decently. My biggest issues were braking early and not carrying as much speed as I could have been, through pretty much the whole track. But regardless I thoroughly enjoyed my time and look forward to doing that again, hopefully once more this year.

1:49.74 Nate047 E36 M3 (KW Clubsport, ST sway bars, Powerflex street bushings, PFC 08 pads, full stock interior, OEM GT wing and splitter, 245 Hankook RS-4, BimmerWorld TA:16 wheels, 3400lbs w driver)

Couple pics my wife took
Next time come say hi. I usually travel in packs with a couple S2k and E46 friends. We had a canopy and free Gatorade haha. When’s your next day out?
__________________
Jump to top Kwakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4 in the M3 Track: Racing and DE Forum - Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start! at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)