BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Fri, Jul-20-2018, 06:58:14 PM   #251
jives

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Jives Dakar Yellow E46 M3 Build

Time for a major update... Back in September of 2017 I sold the '99 E36 M3 with dove interior to someone I thought was an enthusiast and he ultimately flipped the car. It was never public because he reached out to me. For the money, I should've kept the car but there's always better things to come. Several months after, I got an offer I could not refused on my E92M3 in April and Z3M coupe went to a new home in May - so those were sold to local enthusiasts here in CA, with a mutual agreement that I get the chance to buy them back before they sell to anyone else. Between that time I owned an Alfa Romeo 4C (absolutely amazing and would like another) another R35 GTR, and a 6MT 991.2 GT3 that was sold to my client and also freed up funds for business expansion. Just last week, I picked up my ideal spec E36 M3 that I will NOT be selling. It's a '95 slicktop, very little options, and I say this unequivocally - the paint is mint. Currently getting a major reconditioning mechanically and on interior cosmetics. So down to the nitty gritty- the car that started this wild ride, my E46. I have decided to sell it to venture into a new wave for my personal cars. Recently tons of repairs and preventative maintenance was done to ensure the next owner receives the best M3 possible. Generally I update social media first, but I'll let everyone here know this time. I will have the E36 (track/weekend), a Porsche GT... (I'll show it upon arrival) and my daily. Contrary to speculations or rumors, I never did this to "flip" my personal cars. I simply set out to build the most unique group of M cars for myself -that fact that they couldn't simply be bought by some rich non-enthusiast was just a positive externality. So, to those that have been supportive I want to thank you! And if there's anyone interested in purchasing my E46 locally feel free to reach out. I only sell to other enthusiasts in order to make sure the car is well-taken care of.

Probably my favorite car I've had for the money this year. A manual would be nice but no complaints about anything else. I had a sh*t-eating grin every time I got in and out of it. Took it on 300 mile trip to Coachella with no issues (except pancake ass from the seats)

Almost back to 100% stock form and ready for sale. It looks even better in person, I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the case for all my cars

Most recent M car purchase and she's staying put despite all the offers I get lol. 95 slicktop, dakar I, black leather with vaders, almost no options and every Dinan part sans supercharger. Possibly going to make a build journal for that if. I will be at Legends of the Autobahn/Car Week if anyone wants to meet up!

Photos taken by myself and Hunter (contact him if you're in OC/SoCal and need amazing work)
Jump to top jives is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jul-24-2018, 08:06:53 PM   #252
EYEHAVEYOU
Simon

In the garage:

United States

Nooooo so sad to see this Dakar collection broken up, but I understand wanting to try different cars - there is just so much good stuff out there. Really enjoyed following this journal and hope you'll make another one for your E36 (with pics of your other cars thrown in of course!)

Congrats on the new additions. FWIW I saw a recent thread in the FS section where someone was specifically looking for a Dakar E46.

2006 M3 ZCP 6MT - Interlagos Blue /// Imola Red
2005 M3 ZCP 6MT - Alpine White /// Imola Red (Gone)
Jump to top EYEHAVEYOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-03-2018, 09:15:22 PM   #253
jives

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEHAVEYOU View Post
Nooooo so sad to see this Dakar collection broken up, but I understand wanting to try different cars - there is just so much good stuff out there. Really enjoyed following this journal and hope you'll make another one for your E36 (with pics of your other cars thrown in of course!)

Congrats on the new additions. FWIW I saw a recent thread in the FS section where someone was specifically looking for a Dakar E46.
This group of special cars was about pure passion and proving to myself I'm skilled enough to acquire rare M cars that I love, but for me this time (instead of the business). I could have kept them all but there's so many other I want to experience.

I will definitely make a journal for the E36 with a lot more updates especially because I've got a garage full of parts just waiting to be installed next week.

I saw that thread and it'll be a tough search. Mine was confused with another in the Bay Area (rough car). I just sold mine for $33,333! Very pleased and it's in the care of a former dakar E46 owner who luckily came across mine and is local!
Jump to top jives is offline   Reply With Quote