BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 02:15:26 PM   #1
rocket71

United States

Default SpookM3 - Scam Artist - Do Not Buy

Do not deal with this person. He is a thief and a scam artist. He will lie and do anything to get your $$ or car. Here is my story....

I bought a E46 M3 from him about two years ago. The deal went fine. I wasn't super happy with the car because it wasn't in as good of a condition as he stated on the phone or in the pictures. He cut $500 from the price so I rolled with it.

A year later, (and just about 1 year ago), I decided I wanted to sell the car. I spent a ton of money on the car but wanted to try something else. I called John and he was like, "Yeah, man! I can sell your car. No problem. I have a guy looking right now for a slick top E46 M3." We agreed on $17,500 for the car. I told him I was done trailering cars to events and I would sell him my car hauler for a deal at $1500. He agreed.

Here is where I totally messed up. I trusted him because he was kinda a friend who had been referred by a friend. I let him take the car and trailer on the agreement he would pay me in full as soon as it was sold. Well, he sold it within a month. But the money never came, it was always something. Like the guy who bought it was waiting on the bank, or he was waiting on funds to clear. Then it changed to, I got several insurance settlements awaiting and he would pay me in full. He was going to make out so good that he would kick me some extra.

After 7 months, I got a tad ugly and threatened legal action. I told him I wanted my car back. He would not tell me where it was or who had it. Keep in mind I had been paying insurance and payments on the car this whole time. He offered to "total" it for me to get paid. Hell, no. I don't want mixed up in his crap. Then one day, out of the blue I get a text from a guy who says he has my car!! He threatens ME with a law suit to get the title. (Which at the time was still financed with USAA.) I told him John hasn't even paid me and the title has a lien. Well, John, owing me $17,500 for the car and $1500 for the trailer finds a way to payoff my loan but that left $5500 he still owed. I sent the title to new owner because he had been jerked around and I didn't want to hold him up.

He told me he would pay me $500 a month till the balance was paid off. I really wanted the balance in full but agreed. All the while, he is telling me that he has this deal about to close or this scam about to pay or this Air Force patent about to get made. Well we are year now since all this is started and he still hasn't paid me. He is down in GA wheeling and dealing making money but not taking care of the obligations he already has.

I know I was dumb, stupid, etc. I can only share my story and hope he makes good. Which if he does, I will let everyone know.

Buyers beware. This guy always has something cooking and it is likely YOU. If he doesn't have the title on hand when you pay for the car, don't buy it. Don't believe a word he says.
Jump to top rocket71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 02:48:05 PM   #2
OneFastSicilian
Frankie

In the garage:

Italy

Default Re: SpookM3 - Scam Artist - Do Not Buy

pretty shocking to hear this, only because he's all over the forums here buying and selling cars/parts.

I think you messed up with giving the new owner the title. I hope it all gets settled. best of luck to you.

Previous:
  • 01 - AW/IR - Sold
  • 03.5 - IR/Impulse - Sold
  • 02 - TiAg/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - IB/Blk ZCP - Sold
  • 02 - LSB/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - SG/Blk - Current!
Check out my Journal!

*Instagram*
@_Frank_Stone_
Jump to top OneFastSicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 02:51:56 PM   #3
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Banned

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 02:56:08 PM   #4
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

Your first mistake was letting someone take the car without payment. Your second mistake was giving up the title without payment. Hopefully he finds some money to pay you.
2014 VW GLI 6MT - Black/Black

E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 03:03:55 PM   #5
rocket71

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastSicilian View Post
pretty shocking to hear this, only because he's all over the forums here buying and selling cars/parts.

I think you messed up with giving the new owner the title. I hope it all gets settled. best of luck to you.
I agree and this is all my bad for trusting. I felt for me to keep a clean conscientious I had to give the title to the guy.
Jump to top rocket71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 03:22:40 PM   #6
2006E46M3fan

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket71 View Post
I agree and this is all my bad for trusting. I felt for me to keep a clean conscientious I had to give the title to the guy.
Although it may not have been the smartest move it isn't all your bad. Some people these days, give some an inch and they take a mile (or a trailer or car). Sorry you have to go through this. I wouldn't have been nearly as patient as you were.

for that scammer
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 03:23:25 PM   #7
Goose81

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Your first mistake was letting someone take the car without payment. Your second mistake was giving up the title without payment. Hopefully he finds some money to pay you.
I agree with this. I almost bought an item from him years ago but passed as he came off as pompous. He is all over other forums as well. Hopefully potential buyers see this thread.
Jump to top Goose81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 03:37:39 PM   #8
S54VAGE

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
This. While I kind of admire your instinct to trust others I don't think I would ever hand the keys over until I had payment in hand. We've all made some pretty stupid mistakes so all you can do at this point is learn from it.
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 04:00:00 PM   #9
OneFastSicilian
Frankie

In the garage:

Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Banned
Ian came through with the BAn!

One thing I have to say.. I love the fact that there's a ZERO tolerance for this kind of sh*t on this forum.. It definitely makes it easier to do business on here

Previous:
  • 01 - AW/IR - Sold
  • 03.5 - IR/Impulse - Sold
  • 02 - TiAg/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - IB/Blk ZCP - Sold
  • 02 - LSB/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - SG/Blk - Current!
Check out my Journal!

*Instagram*
@_Frank_Stone_
Jump to top OneFastSicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 04:00:30 PM   #10
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

He has a documented history on here for years of being the guy always trying to make some sketchy deal, wheeling and dealing, and arguing with people and getting into petty fights rather than making good. That public history should've trumped any friend of a friend style trust level you'd have had in him.
Jump to top Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote