BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 05:21:12 AM   #121
Busabos77
Sexinator
 
Busabos77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,964
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Busabos77 is on a distinguished road

Philippines




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEASE///M3 View Post
Man you are my hero! I even posted a thread weeks ago about wanting a video of the 30% AS kit that I got some troll answers in. Have fun with your new pedal!
Thanks man! Don't worry, I'll have a video of the 30% AS SSK for you showing the throw of the shifter so you can somewhat get an idea. I'll post it up tomorrow.
Jump to top Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 06:13:11 AM   #122
PETERfromSD
... OMW2FYB
 
PETERfromSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 428
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 PETERfromSD is on a distinguished road
Location: San Diego, CA

Philippines




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

AutoSolutions SSK is 30% is butter. Listen to Brian. I love mine too.
__________________
*619M3* ESS Supercharged/StatusGruppeTuning/RaceWerkz Equipped
IG: peterfromsd

BUILD JOURNAL
Jump to top PETERfromSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 01:10:44 PM   #123
Rob Daddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0 Rob Daddy is on a distinguished road





Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

This post gives me such great hope in my search for a E46 M3. All i seem to find is SMG cars but now that I know a swap can be done properly & professionally, it opens a whole new world of listings!

Good Job!!
Jump to top Rob Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 01:18:06 PM   #124
MightyY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 205
Reputation: 0 MightyY is on a distinguished road
Location: Taunton

United States




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Good stuff! I take it all the coding went well?
__________________
Jump to top MightyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 02:58:31 PM   #125
Busabos77
Sexinator
 
Busabos77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,964
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Busabos77 is on a distinguished road

Philippines




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERfromSD View Post
AutoSolutions SSK is 30% is butter. Listen to Brian. I love mine too.
what's up Pete! Best SSK hads down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Daddy View Post
This post gives me such great hope in my search for a E46 M3. All i seem to find is SMG cars but now that I know a swap can be done properly & professionally, it opens a whole new world of listings!

Good Job!!
Exactly! thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
Good stuff! I take it all the coding went well?
Coding was successful. No errors on the cluster, car felt fine on the way home yesterday and was not on limp mode. I'll let you drive the car Luan when we see each other. I think you might want to do this to your car as well.
Jump to top Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 05:20:28 PM   #126
MightyY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 205
Reputation: 0 MightyY is on a distinguished road
Location: Taunton

United States




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabos77 View Post
I think you might want to do this to your car as well.
I've been back and forth with this in my head. As of now, I think I'm of the mindset that I'm gonna keep it SMG. I kind of like having my DD as a 6MT and the weekender as SMG. I tend to space out a lot when I'm driving with the top down and the SMG is more forgiving!
__________________
Jump to top MightyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 07:12:36 PM   #127
Dal
Registered User
 
Dal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 812
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Dal is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Great update!

I've told myself that if and when my SMG fails I'll probably go down the same route... i'm sure it will feel like a different car too.

Quick question on the coding, I understand the modules need to be coded in such a way that the car 'believes it is a manual', but does this mean the mileage is erased too and has to be input again, or is that permanently stored regardless of recoding?
Jump to top Dal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-16-2014, 07:19:52 PM   #128
E46_RI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 126
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 E46_RI is on a distinguished road
Location: Harrisville

United States




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

I'm hoping to see this car for myself in the near future! I'm glad everything went as planned. Enjoy!
__________________

03 TOPAZ BLUE M3 VERT/BLACK LEATHER/HARDTOP/SMG/BC RACING/
Jump to top E46_RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-17-2014, 12:39:15 AM   #129
TEASE///M3
Registered User
 
TEASE///M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,077
Reputation: 0 TEASE///M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Santa Barbara

United States




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERfromSD View Post
AutoSolutions SSK is 30% is butter. Listen to Brian. I love mine too.
I have one in my box of goodies from the group buy
Won't be on the car for ages though I'm sure
__________________

Untitled by . McFarlin, on Flickr
2006 M3 ZCP Interlagos Blue Manual Cinnamon 6MT Slicktop
RIP 2002 M3 Tiag Dove Grey 6MT
Jump to top TEASE///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-17-2014, 11:58:22 PM   #130
Busabos77
Sexinator
 
Busabos77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,964
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Busabos77 is on a distinguished road

Philippines




Default Re: Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
I've been back and forth with this in my head. As of now, I think I'm of the mindset that I'm gonna keep it SMG. I kind of like having my DD as a 6MT and the weekender as SMG. I tend to space out a lot when I'm driving with the top down and the SMG is more forgiving!
true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Great update!

I've told myself that if and when my SMG fails I'll probably go down the same route... i'm sure it will feel like a different car too.

Quick question on the coding, I understand the modules need to be coded in such a way that the car 'believes it is a manual', but does this mean the mileage is erased too and has to be input again, or is that permanently stored regardless of recoding?
The VIN and the Mileage stays regardless of the coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46_RI View Post
I'm hoping to see this car for myself in the near future! I'm glad everything went as planned. Enjoy!
Jason, thanks man! I'm sure we will be able to hang out soon. Weather is starting to be warm now. How's your car doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEASE///M3 View Post
I have one in my box of goodies from the group buy
Won't be on the car for ages though I'm sure
you'll love it man! Install now! Hahaha
Jump to top Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Busabos77's quest on SMG to 6MT swap ( No short cuts / No expense is spared) in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)